AKV Preview Rooms Opened Today!!!

Eeyore77

DIS Veteran
Hi there everyone I am pleased to let you all know that the Preview rooms over at SSR for AKV opened today for the first time for viewing. I bought into it a few weeks ago and I was so excited today when I was at SSR and I walked by the info desk and there were the fliers saying AKV room open house..... YEAH!!! I finally got to see what they looked like and they are fabulous. Sadly my husband had left the camera in the car, or I would love to show you a few pics. If you get a chance you really should go look at them. They look even better in person than they do in the pics and the preview vid. The decor is very much much like that of the rooms at AKL, but they are much bigger and we both loved the look of the large flat screen tvs in the rooms. They have the 1 bedroom and the studio ready to view and like I said before these rooms will not disappoint. Also for all of those curious about the 2 bathrooms in the 1 bedroom there will be 2 in the New Building, but not in the old one. It will be located right by the front door when you come in. The hallways look just like the ones at AKL too. If you don't like the dark colors and decor of AKL than this is not for you, but if you are a fan of AKL you will be pleased with the results. I was.... If you have any questions I will be glad to tell you what I saw.... Sorry again for him forgetting the camera, but I can tell you what ever you want to know...:cool1:

Thanks for sharing, someone posted that guides were told No photos, so it did not matter if you left it in the car.

How did you like the master bath with only one sink?

What size was the closest in the master bedroom.

Thanks for sharing, someone posted that guides were told No photos, so I am surprised you were able to get any. Can't wait to see them.

It was I who posted that.

What I meant was, the GUIDES (who toured the rooms over the past week) were told THEY couldn't take photos. We asked if he could snap some digital pics and send them along. He wasn't sure about what would happen when the rooms opened to the public...if they would allow photos or not.

Thank you soooo much for the info!

Funny...The pics in the video show a much brighter looking room. I'm surprised to hear they are very much like the rooms at AKL.

Here's a link to the thread with the room concept art.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1378218

It was I who posted that.

What I meant was, the GUIDES (who toured the rooms over the past week) were told THEY couldn't take photos. We asked if he could snap some digital pics and send them along. He wasn't sure about what would happen when the rooms opened to the public...if they would allow photos or not.

Thanks for that clarification. :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing, someone posted that guides were told No photos, so it did not matter if you left it in the car.

How did you like the master bath with only one sink?

What size was the closest in the master bedroom.

I had no problem at all with the single sink in the master bath. I thought that it gave you a lot more counter space. What I thought was a little unattractive was that that the under part of the sink is currently uncovered so you see all the pipes. The Guide told the group that they guys for California had yet to come in and look at the rooms and fully approve them, so after they come they might be changing that.

I am trying to visualize closest space. I know in the bedroom that there was a large wardrobe that is a closest that was a good size, but to honest I guess I am drawing a blank on the closet itself.... Sorry!

As for pictures they never said anything about not carrying them, but we did not have anyone in our group that tried.

Also most of the furniture is a dark wood color from what I can currently recall. All the appliances are dark and black. There are lighter colored walls and The animal print looking carpet. Tiles in the bathrooms on the floor. I just felt that it was very similar to what I was used to in AKL. Same style. It does have a touch more color in the decor of the room, but the same feel that we have all grown to love at AKL.

Thanks for reporting back!!

It look pretty good. I don't know if we need the extra bath but I understand the purpose.

One question I have... Does the entry feel cramped? There is a lot going on in that small space; entry, closet and w/d door, bathroom door. It also next to the kitchen bar area (think stools in the way).

Ok two questions.... Does it feel bigger then SSR/BCV/BWV/VWL?

Thanks for reporting back!!

It look pretty good. I don't know if we need the extra bath but I understand the purpose.

One question I have... Does the entry feel cramped? There is a lot going on in that small space; entry, closet and w/d door, bathroom door. It also next to the kitchen bar area (think stools in the way).

Ok two questions.... Does it feel bigger then SSR/BCV/BWV/VWL?

As far as question one which room style are you asking about the studio or the one bedroom.

As for question #2 I thought that the studio felt about the same size wise not much bigger at all. As for the 1 bedroom. I thought that it did feel bigger. There is a lot of furniture in there, but I did not at all feel like it was cramped. The funniest part in the preview room is the fake Savannah View that they have put on the balcony. It gives it that finished look with fake animals... LOL:rotfl:

Oh, sorry. I was asking about the 1 bedroom entry.

No problem..... When I walked in I was amazed at how much room there was. The Bathroom is right off the front entrance, but it doesn't make it cluttered at all. As a matter a fact I was so excited when I first walked in that I didn't even notice it... :upsidedow Oops.... The Kitchen area is right there after you walk in, but as I said I didn't feel that it was at all crowded. I can honestly say that and there was a group of about 7 in the room with me and my husband while we were in there and we were not all all on top of each other. Nothing at the front entrance seemed to make you feel crowded...:thumbsup2

Cool. Sometimes with just the 4 of us and the stroller (thow in some wayward shoes and closet doors) we get all tangled up in the entry and I had visions of that one being smaller. :crazy2:

Thanks so much for the update. We will be arriving at SSR about midnight on 4/14. Guess what I'll be doing on Sunday???

OMG...I hope we see pics before that!!!! I can't wait that long!!!

Me too, but....well, the more pics the better.

Besides, you know between now and then SOMEONE will see pics of the models and say "Hey, can someone shoot the print on the curtains in the MBR...I want to see if it will match my shirt selection." ;)

There's always more pics to be garnered and/or requested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter