AKV room layout

wdwcoltsfan

DIS Veteran
I was just looking at the room layouts for the studio and one bedrooms. Does anyone know why there is a difference in sq. footage? The studios are 316-366 sq. ft. in the Jambo House. If I'm not mistaken, 314 is about the size of the standard savannah view room now. I don't see how a kitchenette could be added to this room. The same goes for the one bedrooms, except there is a little more difference in size between Jambo House and Kidani Village. Will I have to request Kidani village if I want the larger room?

Also, if I buy into phase II, which I'm assuming is Kidani Village, does that give preference to that area or is it just luck of the draw?

It may be this way with all of the DVC resorts and I'm simply not aware of it. I'm just trying to gather as much information as I can before making the decision and deciding how many points to buy.

Thanks!

Rachel:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

I was just looking at the room layouts for the studio and one bedrooms. Does anyone know why there is a difference in sq. footage? The studios are 316-366 sq. ft. in the Jambo House. If I'm not mistaken, 314 is about the size of the standard savannah view room now. I don't see how a kitchenette could be added to this room. The same goes for the one bedrooms, except there is a little more difference in size between Jambo House and Kidani Village. Will I have to request Kidani village if I want the larger room?

Also, if I buy into phase II, which I'm assuming is Kidani Village, does that give preference to that area or is it just luck of the draw?

It may be this way with all of the DVC resorts and I'm simply not aware of it. I'm just trying to gather as much information as I can before making the decision and deciding how many points to buy.

Thanks!

Rachel:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:
Generally square footage is quoted as the area that's heated/cooled. In this case the BR, kitchenette, closets, etc would count in the sq ft. I'm sure the difference is between standard and deluxe units and their inherent size variations. The smaller ones are also likely to be the value units. As for a home resort type preference for one building over the other, I don't see any indication they would do that. They could have done so initially by making them "separate" resorts but I think that time has past. Technically and legally they could still do so but realistically I don't think so.

Given the separate check in areas, I think one will know up front what they are getting on the reservation just like BW view at BWV. We've heard rumors this is true also but I see no other way they could do it.

I was just looking at the room layouts for the studio and one bedrooms. Does anyone know why there is a difference in sq. footage? The studios are 316-366 sq. ft. in the Jambo House. If I'm not mistaken, 314 is about the size of the standard savannah view room now. I don't see how a kitchenette could be added to this room.
They are converting AKL rooms on the 5th and 6th floors. Most of those rooms are the larger "deluxe" AKL rooms, but some of them are the smaller "standard" AKL rooms. So the villas created from standard AKL rooms will be smaller than the villas created from deluxe AKL rooms.

For the studios, they are putting the kitchenette in the area currently occupied by the closet. Rather than build a new closet, they are furnishing the studios with armoires/wardrobes. Those are going into the area currently occupied by the mini-fridges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter