AKV Room Map--Value Locations

P&B's Mom

Mouseketeer
Can anyone point me in the direction of a map with the value room category locations? I know I have seen one in the past, but cannot seem to locate it anywhere. Thanks!

Thanks from here too. It also helps those of us who've stayed in value studios and remember the location but "What WAS the room number of that studio?" BTW, 5122 is one of the best!

No problem! I just booked a value 2BR lock off for our January trip and I spent a lot of time trying to decide between that and a standard view at Kidani or Jambo. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a great view...but I will be happy no matter what knowing that I only used 155 points! :cool1:

It also helps those of us who've stayed in value studios and remember the location but "What WAS the room number of that studio?" BTW, 5122 is one of the best!

We are going to be there for 10 nights in late May, early June. I'm gonna ask for that room . . . and keep my fingers crossed. It's worth a try. :goodvibes

No problem! I just booked a value 2BR lock off for our January trip and I spent a lot of time trying to decide between that and a standard view at Kidani or Jambo. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a great view...but I will be happy no matter what knowing that I only used 155 points! :cool1:

Me, too:)!!

When are you going?

Me, too:)!!

When are you going?

January 20-26, 2013!! It was such a great deal for the points that DH actually agreed to going twice in one year (nine months actually) and getting annual passes! And it will be more than enough space for the four of us...I'm so excited!

We stayed in Room 5228 this past December. It was considered standard view (still don't quite understand), but had a nice view of some animals. If you looked straight down, it was some kind of pen. Maybe the reason for the cheaper points. Great location.

January 20-26, 2013!! It was such a great deal for the points that DH actually agreed to going twice in one year (nine months actually) and getting annual passes! And it will be more than enough space for the four of us...I'm so excited!

We are going jan 26-feb 1!! My sweet girl turns 10 on th 28th....Christmas gift AND birthday gift knocked out at once.... Wahoo!:cool1:

CAN'T WAIT!!!

We stayed in Room 5228 this past December. It was considered standard view (still don't quite understand), but had a nice view of some animals. If you looked straight down, it was some kind of pen. Maybe the reason for the cheaper points. Great location.
About a year ago they reclassified some of the Savanna View rooms to Standard View in cases where the room had a partially blocked view or an unusual situation. Based on reports the reclassified rooms seem to be located next to fire exit stairs where part of the view is blocked by the staircase, rooms located in inner corners and rooms next to a fence separating two savannas. Two examples of inner corner rooms that have been reclassified are 5234 and 5238 which are just a few doors down from your room but looking at 5228 it's too far from the corner to have that as the reason. Perhaps they are also reclassifying rooms over the people pens.

We are going jan 26-feb 1!! My sweet girl turns 10 on th 28th....Christmas gift AND birthday gift knocked out at once.... Wahoo!:cool1:

CAN'T WAIT!!!

The 28th is my wedding anniversary! I really wanted to go over that date, but when we booked the 20th-26th was the only 6 night block of availability for a 2BR. I'm nervous now because I forgot about MLK day and I'm worried we will be dealing with big crowds...

Enjoy your trip!! :cool1:

We are in 5134 a value studio for one night before checking into a club level studio. We were pleasantly surprised with the view and the room was ready at 1030am!

:thumbsup2we have a 2 bdrm value for Sept 9-15 couldn't believe I lucked out at 7 months !!:cool1:

Does anyone know of a map like this for Kidani, that shows the location of the different room types, such as studio, grand villa, etc.

I do not know of a map like this for Kidani, and I looked quite a bit for one. I am staying at Kidani as part of my trip next week and I couldn't seem to find anything similar. Maybe someone can help us out with that...

I'm looking for the Jamba map that has the DVC room categories. Does anyone know where I can find that one??

I'm looking for the Jambo map that has the DVC room categories. Does anyone know where I can find that one??
Here is one. It's out of date now since it does not indicate the location of the reclassified rooms.

The green lines mark the Value villas, the yellow lines mark the main block of Standard View villas (but not the reclassified rooms), the pink lines mark the Concierge Villas (6th floor), the orange blobs are Grand Villas and everything else is Savanna View, though some of those rooms have been reclassified as Standard View.
81115AKV_ValStdClub_V21.JPG

Does anyone have a photo of the view from the value villas that overlook the parking lot? I've seen pics of the savanna view and pool view... curious what the parking lot view looks like. Is it terrible or not so bad?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter