AKV - Savannah View

Darthmerideth

Earning My Ears
Headed to AKV in March 08. Anyone know if there is a "best" unit number I should request. Wife, 5 yr old, and 6 month old. Would like the best view of the animals, furthest from construction, closest to the bus and lodge. All the normal stuff most people would want.:confused3

We had a Uzima Savanna view room, which oddly enough did not feature zebras, but did have most every other species that roam the AKL savannas. From our 1BR, which was 5465, we could see Expedition Everest and the top of the Tree of Life in the distance. If you want to be sure that you can see the zebras, you'll want an Arusha Savanna view, which is on the north side of the resort.

The thing to know about AKL is that there are a limited number of elevators in each wing. So, take a look at the resort map below if you want to get an idea of where the elevators and the bus transportation ares are. The walk to get to some of the elevators is a hike, but it's not nearly as far as the BWV elevators are from some villas.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/DAKLMap.pdf

You'll be furthest from construction in the Zebra Trails wing. Here's a thread you may be interested in reading to get more info on how the construction phases are going.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1561693

We stayed in unit 5415 in August and felt the view of the savanna was very good. We could see the feeding stations out in the middle for the giraffes and zebras, as well as, anything else on the right-half of the Arusha Savanna.

Just returned yesterday from unit 5413 (Right next to where the poster above me was). Did not hear a peep of construction noise while we were there for a week. I think that issue was way overblown. Unit 5413 is the first DVC unit with a Savannah view when walking away from the lobby. It is directly next to the Royal Kuba Suite, which is a non DVC room. We saw Ankole Cattle and Zebra's almost all hours of the day. Giraffes and Kudu's were out at least 70% of the time. I was amazed at the amount of animals we saw. I think only 1 time during the day did i look out the window and not see an animal. Overall, I was extremely happy with the room and will be making a trip report shortly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter