Alabama (Another COVID Thread)

Reminds me of the chicken pox parties from my childhood and I’m only 37.

My son is going back to school and he already told me that no matter what rules the schools put in place kids are going to find ways to party and be together. He said messages for frat parties are already going around. I’m sure he’ll be partaking. That’s probably the main reason he wants to go back to school so bad.

Reminds me of the chicken pox parties from my childhood and I’m only 37.

My son is going back to school and he already told me that no matter what rules the schools put in place kids are going to find ways to party and be together. He said messages for frat parties are already going around. I’m sure he’ll be partaking. That’s probably the main reason he wants to go back to school so bad.

I'm not surprised, since you've made it clear you will only wear a mask, if it's required. You've also made it clear that your friends & you are getting together to hang out at the beach & other areas. We also know that the people who work in your hospital agree with you. Why would we expect anything different from you son? He can't be blamed for learning from your example.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised, since you've made it clear you will only wear a mask, if it's required. You've also made it clear that your friends & you are getting together to hang out at the beach & other areas. We also know that the people who work in your hospital agree with you. Why would we expect anything different from you son? He can't be blamed for learning from your example.

On this board you are damned if you do and damned if you don’t. I follow the laws of my state and I’m still wrong. Lol.

Yes I wear a mask where it’s required which is all indoor places and just about everywhere in NJ. I don’t wear a mask outdoors.

Yes in my state we are allowed to go to the beach and it’s actually encouraged. Gatherings of 250 people outdoors is allowed in my state right now and going up to 500 as of this morning. It started with 25 bsck around Memorial Day. So yes my friends and I get together outdoors. In each others back yards.

yes other people I work with are doing the same thing since ya know, we’ve been shutdown since March and things are now JUST starting to open up. Our numbers are very low in NJ right now (especially in my area) so we must have done something right.

I don’t go to indoor events and have made it clear to him I have no desire to go to any indoor parties, bars, clubs, amusement parks or frat houses. But he’s an adult and once he’s at school I can’t babysit and monitor him.

I’ve cancelled summer vacation and my daughters sweet 16 because I don’t think it’s a good idea with covid. Even though I could’ve technically done both.

My son actually thinks these covid parties are ridiculous and says his generation is doomed. I think their idiots myself.

I think my son will go to a party or two. He hasn’t said anything to me other than messages are going around. He’s a cautious kid but once there I think peer pressure or just wanting to get out and be with his friends will get to him.

I was just trying to point out with my comment that kids will find a way to get together at college. No matter the school they are going to party and gather.

But good job assuming that I’m teaching him some off the wall example. Some of you on this board are ridiculous.

Last edited:

Bama grad here - FWIW, 60% of the students at Alabama are from out of state (was more like 20% when I attended). It is a pretty typical university, with a very active fraternity/sorority/party scene. COVID parties have been happening all over America since this outbreak started and will continue because young people are immortal and do not process consequences properly.

But what sets this one apart is the decision to organize parties across the entire campus in a sort of competition to see who could spread it the most and the fastest. How did they not see/care that this would become front page news? Or maybe that was the goal?

Stupid kids playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes.

I feel like if you are purposefully trying to get covid you should forfeit the right to any kind of treatment.
Do you feel the same way about people who knowingly do drugs, overdose and then require Narcan/professional help?

People do dumb things, make poor decisions all the time. These decisions can adversely affect them and sometimes others too. Do we (society) simply cast them aside?

Do you feel the same way about people who knowingly do drugs, overdose and then require Narcan/professional help?

People do dumb things, make poor decisions all the time. These decisions can adversely affect them and sometimes others too. Do we (society) simply cast them aside?
No I don’t.

Bama grad here - FWIW, 60% of the students at Alabama are from out of state (was more like 20% when I attended). It is a pretty typical university, with a very active fraternity/sorority/party scene. COVID parties have been happening all over America since this outbreak started and will continue because young people are immortal and do not process consequences properly.

But what sets this one apart is the decision to organize parties across the entire campus in a sort of competition to see who could spread it the most and the fastest. How did they not see/care that this would become front page news? Or maybe that was the goal?

Stupid kids playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes.
Wow, I had no idea most students were from out of state. I am aware that Alabama has lots of scholarship money to give. They offered my son a free full ride, but he declined. My husband got his Masters from Auburn, LOL.

I really hope they stop this foolishness.

Roll Tide Roll!!!

My daughter is taking a summer class at her university in person. I picked her up yesterday. The school has limited the class to 15 students in a auditorium. They have assigned seats and are far away from each other. Our state has mandated masks and the students are given them by the university. I saw two things. I went to the student union which was clearly marked for social distancing, tables set up with shields, furniture moved apart, etc....I saw a group of kids move all the chairs back together to hang out. Then when my daughter came out of the building with her fellow classmates. These kids that were distanced in class with masks, whipped the masks off and all walked together not distancing what so ever!:rolleyes:

My take is that a group of 15 kids Would not likely all have parents that don’t care. Maybe some but not all. These are 18 year olds whose brains have not completely developed. That’s not a cut on them just reality. So, they will do what kids do in many aspects of their lives think they are invincible as another poster stated earlier.

Edited to add: I think we can all agree that our kids are not going to do everything we tell them. If that were the case half the threads on the Dis wouldn’t be here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter