Alabama DVCers? -- Got 15?

Hey Alabama DVC'ers!

Its been a hard week!

Let's chime in make sure everybody is ok.

Me and my folks are fine, but I grew up very near the small towns of Hackleburg and Phil Campbell that were severely damaged.

Up until today my folks had limited phone, no power, and were under a boil water notice.

We're OK. Shelby County was a bit south of the major damage. I was in Denver at a conference while all of this was going down. Felt totally helpless watching James Spann on the live stream knowing that DW and DD were here hunkering down in the basement.

Huntsville still has no power. We are riding it out in FL. Waiting for DVC to open this morning to see about staying a few extra days.

We are ok as is our son and DIL who live in Tuscaloosa. My cousin and his wife lost everything in Pleasant Grove. They went to a basement closet and it was the only thing left standing after the storm. They lost everything but didn't have scratch thankfully.

We are from Fairhope, AL. No problems here. Not sure that I have ever checked in on this thread before. We have many friends and church family that live in Tuscaloosa. I also know of a family in Pleasant Grove that lost everything. Kinda wondering if its the same family photobob is talking about???

DH has 3 Aunt's & a bunch of cousins up there. One lost a roof, but everyone's fine.

Boy I'll take a hurricane any day. At least w/ satellite we have several days to prepare.

We are from Fairhope, AL. No problems here. Not sure that I have ever checked in on this thread before. We have many friends and church family that live in Tuscaloosa. I also know of a family in Pleasant Grove that lost everything. Kinda wondering if its the same family photobob is talking about???

The family's name is Adcox, but I'm sure unfortunately that is a familiar story in Pleasant Grove.

ErinC -- I will add you to the Alabama DVC thread.

I cannot believe the amount of destruction that has taken place in our beautiful state!

Hi. We are in Mobile, AL. Although we had winds and rain/thunderstorms, we did not see anything like North Alabama did. From what I hear and have seen, it is horrific and looks like a battle field. I have friends that live in that region that are without power. I think they said that there are 1 million plus homes without power. yikes. And it is hot here already.

Saying prayers for all those effected by storms and tornadoes.

Hi. We are in Mobile, AL. Although we had winds and rain/thunderstorms, we did not see anything like North Alabama did. From what I hear and have seen, it is horrific and looks like a battle field. I have friends that live in that region that are without power. I think they said that there are 1 million plus homes without power. yikes. And it is hot here already.

Saying prayers for all those effected by storms and tornadoes.

I've added you to our list!

We're in Huntsville. Got our power back around 1:30 this morning. The last I heard they were at 50% restored. They are still asking everyone to conserve both water and power.

It's been a crazy couple of days. Overall though we - my family and HSV - faired pretty well. Thanking God for that.

Praying for those who lost everything. So much destruction and loss in some places it's almost hard to comprehend.

Kristen

We live in Huntsville and had minimal damage in our neighborhood. We were without power from Wednesday afternoon until late last night. We had a generator to help us out, thank goodness!

We just got back from my parents' house in the Harvest/Monrovia area. The damage up there was much, much worse. They live about two minutes from the majority of the damage in Madison County, so we've spent the last few days helping them clean up the mess. They just got their power back on a couple of hours ago, but most of their neighborhood is still dark.

Please continue to pray for everyone who was affected by these storms!

Just got home to find trees down away from the house and a raunchy fridge full of spoiled food, but none the worse for wear. Many HUGE trees came down in our neighborhood and a few power poles have been replaced, but thankfully no houses appear damaged.

I will say Disney, DVC, and the AKV Cast Members took very special care of us! When anyone asks why we love Disney, I will tell them of our unexpected tornado trip.

Just got home to find trees down away from the house and a raunchy fridge full of spoiled food, but none the worse for wear. Many HUGE trees came down in our neighborhood and a few power poles have been replaced, but thankfully no houses appear damaged.

I will say Disney, DVC, and the AKV Cast Members took very special care of us! When anyone asks why we love Disney, I will tell them of our unexpected tornado trip.

That sounds awful!

My folks had destruction all around them. They live less than 10 miles from both Hackleburg and Phil Campbell, which were destroyed, and live within 3 or 4 miles of the lesser tornado path in Haleyville, but had no damage. They went several days without power, had to boil water, and had very spotty communications. I was able to speak to my sisters on their cell phones, but was thrilled beyond belief when I finally spoke to my Dad on Saturday.

We are here in Mobile - been members for 5 years, and we love it! Animal kingdom is our home but we stayed at OKW for F&W in November and loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter