Alamo Location

MFD

Earning My Ears
I appears from my reservation that Alamo is now located on site at MCO. Is this correct? Can Quicksilver still be used (the reservation now says no quicksilver kiosks)?

Well, thanks to your post, I went to the site and got a GREAT deal on a full size car. Thank you. :) Anyway, most locations have the kiosk (obviously they don't yet), however, where they don't have one or the kiosk is not working they do have a QS counter. What has me perplexed is the fact that they say that Emerald Aisle, Emerald Choice and Choice rental are available.
I wonder what that actually means. Any ideas? We are also Emerald Aisle members.

and try L&M. Reserved a full size car for New Years @ L&M for $109 a week. L&M is in the terminal. Alamo is two exits east of the airport in no mans land. Say no to Alamo for lack of customer service.

For Gail _
If Alamo is at the main MCO terminal has National moved out?
I understand they are owned by the same parent company?

I've heard they have a counter in the terminal, but do they still shuttle you to an offsite lot to get the car?

Just got back yesterday. Rented from National at MCO. There is a brand new booth (agent said opened last Thursday) that combines Alamo/National in the garage. Agents were wearing jackets that had both logos on them. Former "Alamo only" agent helped me with my return problem. (Return person charged me different amount than my ressie confirmation. Problem fixed to my satisfaction in about 10 minutes. Former "Alamo only"agent needed help from former "National only" agent to correct. Said he still had some things to learn about National computer system).

While I was there, several Alamo customers came in. They had returned their cars at MCO. (Apparently, they had to come in to booth to get credit for filling their gas tank before returning car. Not sure why. Not sure if all Alamo customers had to do this, but probably not).

Anyway, I assume that if you can now return Alamo cars to MCO location, you can also pick them up there. Since they are now at airport, I will give them another try if the price is right.

They have combined.
They are in the terminal.
Alamo says that Emerald Aisle, Choice and Choice rental are available. Have NO clue what that means, but, I did write an email to Customer service.
Because of the OP, I went exploring Alamo's website and while there got a great rate for a full sized vehicle for a week.
I will report back when I hear from Alamo's Customer Service.

I picked up a car on Friday. I noticed the Alamo and National counters next to each other, both had separate lines. I did see an Alamo bus outside. The garage had signs Alamo/National. They were having computer problems, lines were bad checking out. Actually I'm not sure it was the computer but the people operating them. They guy who processed me had to call someone over to help.

As I have said in the past on this subject, when ANC Corp. (the parent company to both National and Alamo) went into reorganization it had begun to combine the two companies on counter spaces in airport terminals (though they are still separate entities). In the past, Alamo rarely bid on airport locations. As a result of this move, ANC was sued by the other rental car agencies in the State of Florida and prevailed. So National and Alamo sharing counter space will become more common.

I picked up at the alamo off site lot on wed. 12/5 dropped of at airport on saturday, no problem, took about 5 minutes. I rented from L&M last time, they told me they could beat dollars rate, they did by $1.50, they gave me a daewoo, small car, the return was a hassel, it tooks about 20 minutes, then i had to go inside and get my receipt. Hopefully they have this straightened out by now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter