Alamo or National?

BAST

DIS Veteran
Have reservations with National and Alamo for a minivan. The Alamo amount is $25 less. Which should I use? I have heard bad things about Alamo, but given that Alamo and National share the same garage, presumably I will get the same car, have to do the same checkout and the only difference will be the check in process. So which one???????????

I'm debating the same thing...my difference is $26.

I'm leaning toward National for the convenience of the Emeral Asile so I don't have to go to the counter.

Haven't completely made up my mind yet.

We have done Alamo twice since they moved onsite, and although the cars and checkouts are adjacent, I believe that they are separate (not 100 percent sure, but I definitely saw different aisles for the cars). Alamo was okay...not too great and not too bad. The first time, we arrived at the same time as a huge international flight that was using Alamo. At least they had the counter fully manned, so it didn't take as long as it could have. It took us a while to find our car because they were scattered, not by their correct signs. Checkout took forever, but when we returned, checkin was pretty quick. The second time, the counter was nearly deserted so that went fast. Checkout line was almost nonexistent, too, but they still took awhile. Once again, checkin was fine. The cars are banged up and had 30,000 but they ran okay. I'd use them again if I got a good deal, but I wish they were like Avis where you do the paperwork at the counter and just leave. We got them both times through Priceline.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter