Alaska Airlines VISA upgrade Platinum to Signature

biochemgirl

DIS Veteran
I'm hoping to find some people with knowledge of the wacky system Alaska Airlines uses with their branded credit cards. I have been unable to get their Signature level card, which has the companion fare and free checked bags. I've tried three times since 2016. Instead, I've three times been given a Platinum level card! I've rolled them into one card with a higher credit limit. That means I now have a credit limit of $7000, higher than the minimum $5000 needed to qualify for the Signature!

Can I ask them to just upgrade my card to a Signature?

Or any other tips to transition to the Signature?

Thank you :)

I'm hoping to find some people with knowledge of the wacky system Alaska Airlines uses with their branded credit cards. I have been unable to get their Signature level card, which has the companion fare and free checked bags. I've tried three times since 2016. Instead, I've three times been given a Platinum level card! I've rolled them into one card with a higher credit limit. That means I now have a credit limit of $7000, higher than the minimum $5000 needed to qualify for the Signature!

Can I ask them to just upgrade my card to a Signature?

Or any other tips to transition to the Signature?

Thank you :)

I've always gotten the card with the free bag and companion pass. Have you asked them? It could be credit score, it might not have anything to do with the credit you have with bofa but if they think you have too much credit overall, it could be too much debt or something else entirely.

Are you close to a Bank of America branch? I would go in and talk to a Loan Officer. Have them do a hard pull on your credit and they should be able to approve it. If you are told no, then ask for the denial letter. It will allow you to get a free credit report and they will have to give you the reason for not approving the card. I used to be a loan officer (not for B of A), so likely you are getting an automatic computer denial. Having a real person look at it will likely result in approval. If not close, then call and keep asking to speak to a real person, until you get someone who can help you

Are you close to a Bank of America branch? I would go in and talk to a Loan Officer. Have them do a hard pull on your credit and they should be able to approve it. If you are told no, then ask for the denial letter. It will allow you to get a free credit report and they will have to give you the reason for not approving the card. I used to be a loan officer (not for B of A), so likely you are getting an automatic computer denial. Having a real person look at it will likely result in approval. If not close, then call and keep asking to speak to a real person, until you get someone who can help you

But she's not getting denied the card she's getting the lower card. When you apply for the Alaska card that comes with the companion pass and free bags it says you may be given the lower card instead. I've never read the fine print to see if it says the reasoning but that's what she's trying to figure out, why she's not getting the better card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter