Alcohol and Lobster - Now We Can Raise Prices Again

One thing to remember is that before they offered alcohol at MK, people could always park hop after having a few at another location. And as one pp said, bad behavior among sober people at WDW can reach truly legendary levels. Really don't think this is that much of a game changer. Then again I definitely enjoyed getting a cold glass of white wine at Tony's on my last trip after a hot day in the park, so maybe I am biased ;)

Come in late August POR quiet pool. You will see some.

This reminds me back to April at POFQ. It was about 10pm and my wife, daughter and I wanted to check out the Hot Tub. If anyone has seen it it's pretty small but there were 14 people drinking away packed like sardines into the little tub. My daughter wanted to get in but I didn't feel like disinfecting her afterwards. They were all well behaved but most definitely 3 sheets to the wind. Good times

This is one of the few cash cows that Disney has come up with lately that really doesn't bother me. Will some people get drunk well yes but one thing that will stop that is the cost. Lets face it this is Disney and they will overcharge for booze to. And hopefully this much cash will slow down or stop their next attempt to do a quick steal (like parking).

I don’t think alcohol is going to do any more harm to MK than the incredibly rude people that we encounter during parades and fireworks. IMO it’s already the least friendly park in terms of guests anyways.

Since when is alcohol not considered family friendly? Didn't everyone else grow up in families that had big barbecues where all the aunts and uncles were drunk and rowdy and the kids' jobs were to fetch and deliver beers from the cooler when getting out of the lawn chairs became too much of a challenge for the adults?

Maybe that was just my family.

But seriously, a beer or wine with dinner isn't going to turn the Magic Kingdom into my childhood memories of Fourth of July family barbecues. It'll be fine. It already is fine. Children don't know or care if people are drunk. They're too busy screaming, crying, and whining to notice. (I'm kidding!...sort of)

Since when is alcohol not considered family friendly? Didn't everyone else grow up in families that had big barbecues where all the aunts and uncles were drunk and rowdy and the kids' jobs were to fetch and deliver beers from the cooler when getting out of the lawn chairs became too much of a challenge for the adults?

Maybe that was just my family.

But seriously, a beer or wine with dinner isn't going to turn the Magic Kingdom into my childhood memories of Fourth of July family barbecues. It'll be fine. It already is fine. Children don't know or care if people are drunk. They're too busy screaming, crying, and whining to notice. (I'm kidding!...sort of)

P.S. how I grew up too, so nope, not just your family ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter