Ale and Compass breakfast buffet

fab1976

DIS Veteran
Hello all! I was looking at doing breakfast at Ale and Compass with 2 kids under 9. Is there a buffet price for the kids? I can only find it for adults, and it seems a little high for kids if that’s the price for them too. Thanks!

I am not sure but it was great. We had zero clue you get the Buffett and an entree. Really enjoyed it. Our kids are 9 and 14 though.

I think its a bit misleading that it is called a buffet. The actual buffet seemed more like accompaniments to the entrée you select for an smaller upcharge. Pretty much fruit, yogurt and carbs(rolls, biscuits and granola). It is not a breakfast buffet like Boma or Cape May Café with multiple meats, veggies, eggs, breads etc. That said, we really enjoyed our breakfast there, and found the extras were plenty for us. We plan on going back.

To the original question- Kids plates are create your own selection and are $8-10ish- no mention of the buffet add on for kids.

I think its a bit misleading that it is called a buffet. The actual buffet seemed more like accompaniments to the entrée you select for an smaller upcharge. Pretty much fruit, yogurt and carbs(rolls, biscuits and granola). It is not a breakfast buffet like Boma or Cape May Café with multiple meats, veggies, eggs, breads etc. That said, we really enjoyed our breakfast there, and found the extras were plenty for us. We plan on going back.
That’s certainly true. The buffet did also include sausage gravy to go on those biscuits. That’s about the only time I ever eat any of that stuff. The entrees range between $15 and $20 while the buffet is $23 including your choice of entree and beverage. That’s a good value by WDW standards. In fact, when we were there last month, I had both juice and coffee with my breakfast, along with the buffet and a $17 entree, all for $23. I don’t know if getting two beverages like that is common, but I’ll ask next time. I had expected to be charged for the second beverage. My DW just ordered a $16 entree along with juice and a soft drink. That ended up costing $25.58, so it would have been a better deal if she had chosen the buffet add-on as well, even just to get a small bowl of fruit or a cup of yogurt.

My DW just ordered a $16 entree along with juice and a soft drink. That ended up costing $25.58, so it would have been a better deal if she had chosen the buffet add-on as well, even just to get a small bowl of fruit or a cup of yogurt.
If that's the case, the server really should have just told her that the buffet price would be cheaper.

Hello all! I was looking at doing breakfast at Ale and Compass with 2 kids under 9. Is there a buffet price for the kids? I can only find it for adults, and it seems a little high for kids if that’s the price for them too. Thanks!
I can't remember the exact price, but there is a lower price for children to have an entree and add on the "buffet." We've gone twice, something like $13 is in my head. It was reasonable. Have the kids take a look, one time DS wanted the buffet and one time he just wanted an entree. Kids are funny.

Or take ownership and responsibility. Not hard to look a menu. Blame blame blame. Seriously, own up.
The menu is quite vague regarding the included beverage(s) with the buffet selection as to whether it’s limited to a single choice from the list since it says “Coffee, Tea, Juice, or Soft Drinks are included”.

We are staying at the Beach Club in May and are thinking about having breakfast at Ale & Compass instead of Cape May. We don't really need to see the characters so the cost savings is appealing. I don't really understand how the "buffet add-on" works. If anyone has eaten there recently, does the current cost of $23 include any entrée, whatever is on the buffet and a drink? Maybe I am overthinking this, but I am confused. Thanks for your help!

We are staying at the Beach Club in May and are thinking about having breakfast at Ale & Compass instead of Cape May. We don't really need to see the characters so the cost savings is appealing. I don't really understand how the "buffet add-on" works. If anyone has eaten there recently, does the current cost of $23 include any entrée, whatever is on the buffet and a drink? Maybe I am overthinking this, but I am confused. Thanks for your help!
Yes, that’s how it works. I love this meal!

The buffet isn’t large but it’s perfect for us. I love to pile on the fresh fruit so I’m not just eating the rich decadent waffles (highly recommend), DH likes biscuits and gravy, and kids love pastries, yogurt and fruit.
https://chipandco.com/breakfast-buffet-returns-to-ale-compass-restaurant-467010/
IMG_0713.jpeg

Every entree we’ve tried has been a winner and the buffet has always been fresh. I wish we could go here more often.

Yes, that’s how it works. I love this meal!

The buffet isn’t large but it’s perfect for us. I love to pile on the fresh fruit so I’m not just eating the rich decadent waffles (highly recommend), DH likes biscuits and gravy, and kids love pastries, yogurt and fruit.
https://chipandco.com/breakfast-buffet-returns-to-ale-compass-restaurant-467010/
View attachment 841510

Every entree we’ve tried has been a winner and the buffet has always been fresh. I wish we could go here more often.
Is there a kids price for the buffet option?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter