Alert to multiple ressie holders!

jdwright13- Actually when I was referring to paying rack rate I was talking about booking a year in advance when no discounts are available yet. Those people book and pay rack rate at the resort they want to make sure that they have a ressie, then they can call back for a discount when it opens up either there or at a different hotel and book it when it comes available.

Also, I said holding TWO discounted ressies. To me this means having a discounted room, finding a better rate, booking that one TOO and NOT cancelling the first one when you decide which you would rather stay at. If you look at my first post above, I said that I totally understand people that book discounted rooms while awaiting a better discount. I do. I know plenty of people that booked the recent discount code and then found better AP rates after the fact. They then cancelled the discounted code room and booked the AP room, but they didn't just hold on to both of them. There are many who don't know about the discounts and have no problem paying rack rates and when multiple reservations are held they can't book those rooms and Disney can't release them at a discount at say, the last minute. The fact that we all book discounted ressies and then have to cancel them for one reason or another is just how life is. If Disney chooses to relase the rooms back into regular rack rate inventory, that is unfortunate but not really something we can do anything about. I think the point of this thread was just to let people know not to book two ressies at a discount at the same time,holding both of them, not because of what happens to the room once you cancel one of them, but because you are taking a discounted room out of the inventory that someone else could book that same day or the next day.

It is not wrong for you to cancel. In fact I'm saying just that. You should cancel if you can get a better rate. We all do it. Regardless of whether the room goes back to regular or discounted inventory, canceling it as soon as you get the discount you want is just the right thing to do. Disney doesn't have a problem with this practice at all, it's just holding on to two or even three ressies at the same time all with discounts that they want to prevent and I feel this is understandable. I can see after re-reading my post, that my words could have been misinterpreted- my apologies.

For example:

When I speak of booking two rooms at a discount, I mean booking a room at one resort at a discount and then using the same exact discount code, AP rate etc to book a room for the same dates at a different resort. I don't mean having one ressie and then waiting for a better rate and then cancelling the first one which is what we all do and therefore not a multiple ressie.

Did I explaing that better this time? I hope so!:)

O.k., sorry about that. It just read a little differntly, or at least I read it differently. To be honest, I don't see where a lot of the fuss comes from. I always pick a place I can afford, then hope for the discounts. If it means I have to change resorts, so be it. All their resorts are wonderfu so I never worry about what my first choice is. Well, unless I'm fortunately to have disney close the resort so I can play up the disappointment if they aren't offering me an upgrade. :)

The other thing I never understood, while are people worried about not being able to hold onto mulitple rooms? I made a reservation, needed 2 rooms, so they put both on the same ressie. Doesn't get any simply than that. They didn't even care who was in the other rooms since it was all on one ressie, held by me.

Anyway, I just can't wait to grill me some Zebra steaks at the AKL. I wonder if they would have a problem with me putting a grill on the balcony? ;)

LOL! I think you might lose your steaks to the animals! One whif of those and there will be a stampede! I would like to hear all about your stay there, I hope you will post a trip report for us! We will only be there on night, but are really looking forward to it.

I also don't understand about the problems with booking more rooms. Maybe because some of the rooms are at a different resort and that means they have to have a seperate ressie?

It wasn't the way you read it, it was the way I wrote it. I did wirte that it was wrong to hold onto a ressie while waiting for a better rate but what I meant was holding two ressies at a discount at a time while waiting for a better rate for either. Sometimes I'm a real dolt. DUH! (smacks self on head)

Have a great trip!:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter