alien resident card and immigration

goodstarr

<font color=deeppink>Me thinks you've been dipping
Will be going on the Wonder on June 15th with family and friends. Friend is from Trinidad and has a resident alien card. I've read threads that said she only needs that card plus her driver's license but DCL site says she needs a valid passport as well, which she doesn't have (hers expired). Has anyone traveled within the last few months and had a similar experience? Need to know soon so she can get hers updated if need be. DCL phone is closed right now and TA isn't available.

Haven't traveled on the cruise recently, but when we did go, my husband was required to have both his alien resident card and his passport. When he went to Mexico recently, he was also required to have both. I'd rather be safe than sorry and have her go ahead and get her passport renewed.. though if you're leaving the 15th, it may be too late for anything other than a trip to the Embassy of her home country in DC.

Good luck,
Julie

Originally posted by goodstarr
Will be going on the Wonder on June 15th with family and friends. Friend is from Trinidad and has a resident alien card. I've read threads that said she only needs that card plus her driver's license but DCL site says she needs a valid passport as well, which she doesn't have (hers expired). Has anyone traveled within the last few months and had a similar experience? Need to know soon so she can get hers updated if need be. DCL phone is closed right now and TA isn't available.

Used to having a resident alien card (green card) many moons ago, I always travel with passport and card in hand. The card provides proof that you are planning to live in the US and that you are a citizen of another country. In addition, visa requirements may vary for the ports visited.

BTW.. if you do travel I think your friend have to report in the AM to before getting back to the US.

Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter