All Our Wishes Will Come True-A May 2010 PTR!-Trip Report is Started 7/14

Can you make the link more public? I can't see it cause I don't have FB

Sounds like a great start to your vacay so far!

Awesome first day! Wow, you really must have gotten up and out quick to be the second family in line at MK. This is great with your live updates. Makes me feel like I'm right there with ya! Looks like you are having a great time. You're probably getting ready to enjoy Wishes. Hope you got the chance to grab a Dole Whip too. Can't wait for your next update :woohoo:

Can you make the link more public? I can't see it cause I don't have FB

Sounds like a great start to your vacay so far!

http://picasaweb.google.com/gretchenlf1

Here are my public albums on Picasa. I hope you can see these!

Awesome first day! Wow, you really must have gotten up and out quick to be the second family in line at MK. This is great with your live updates. Makes me feel like I'm right there with ya! Looks like you are having a great time. You're probably getting ready to enjoy Wishes. Hope you got the chance to grab a Dole Whip too. Can't wait for your next update :woohoo:

Yeah, we were up super early. At the time you posted, we were already on the bus back to the resort after Wishes. We did get a Dole Whip, and it was delicious. My next update will probably be tomorrow evening, and I'll finish up day 2, do day 3, and begin day 4.

I'm going to be very general with my updates for now so I have stuff to say when I write my real trip report! I won't start the detailed one until late July when I have my PhotoPass Pics. Anyway, here's some more updates.
DAY 2 CON'TD

We did meet Ariel & Prince Eric and they were great as well. We had the tuna fish sandwich from Columbia Harbour House and it was so yummy, and we also got a Dole Whip, which was very refreshing. :thumbsup2 We did the Liberty Belle, the Hall of Presidents, the WDW Railroad, and the Tiki Room (so bizarre :confused:) I also rode Splash again and barely got wet. We had time for Swiss Family Treehouse and another ride on BTMRR, but I wanted to sit, so we went to a few stores on Main Street. I bought the 2010 scrapbook at the Emporium and also some corndog nuggets from Casey's. Delicious! We watched Wishes (and sang along :rolleyes1) from right by the exit, then booked it to the bus. One came within 5 minutes. Overall, it was a great first day!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4215583&id=608588735#!/album.php?id=608588735&aid=170078

Place We Found Photopass Photographers:
In front of castle, with Tiana & Naveen, with Ariel & Prince Eric.

DAY 3
We were at the bus stop around 9:10, and Blizzard Beach and the Studios share a bus here. One came that was only going to the studios, but it wasn't too long before one came for BB. We got there about 20 minutes before opening. They let us in around 15 minutes before, but we were stopped by a rope. So technically, I've made rope drop everyday! I started the day off with Summit Plummet. The view from there is great. I could see EVERYTHING-Everest, AKL, Epcot, DHS, and way in the distance, the Contemporary/BLT, the Castle, and Space Mountain. After that, I did Slush Gusher and Downhill Double Dipper. I only have two things to say about these three slides:
1)They give a whole new meaning to the phrase "ripping somebody a new one". AND
2)If you're ever in need of a colon cleanse, this is the place to do it.
In case you didn't figure it out, the after effects weren't pleasant! :scared1: Then I went on Runoff Rapids and Snow Stormers. Mom and I had packed sandwiches, so we ate those. We went into Meltaway Bay for a bit, then floated through Castaway Creek. After our round trip ride and we had dried off we headed back to the bus stop, around 1:30. We waited about 20 minutes, but met two girls from Louisiana on their senior class trip. They were so nice and polite. We headed back to the hotel to get ready for dinner at......OHANA!!
We didn't wait long at all for a bus to MK, but the first boat to the Poly filled up so we had to wait for another one. We arrived at the Poly rather early, so we looked around their lobby & gift shop. I found a ring that I've been hoping to find for about 3 years-it has a "G" and a rhinestone Mickey Head on it. :woohoo: We waited a bit to check in at Ohana, and then they gave us a buzzer, so we looked in some more shops. Dinner was delicious! I'm writing a dining review, and the link will be in my sig soon if you want to check it out! Then we headed over to the Grand Floridian via the monorail. As mom said "I didn't feel outclassed at the Polynesian, but I definitely feel outclassed here." I agreed, everyone just seemed snobby. We didn't stay for very long. We continued on the monorail over to the MK, and didn't wait long for a bus. We went to look for some animals when we returned, but there weren't really many out. :sad1: Knowing we had to get up early, we headed to bed.

Where We Found Photopass Photographers:
At bottom of Summit Plummet, in Meltaway Bay, in Castaway Creek, by the Snow Family near Lottawatta Lodge.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4215583&id=608588735#!/album.php?aid=170379&id=608588735

*I don't have any photos from Blizzard Beach at the moment. They're all either Photopass or on the waterproof disposable we bought. When I get home and have them developed, I'll scan them in.

DAY 4
I was up bright and early this morning 6:30am. Mom said she slept maybe two hours last night, so I tried to readjust our plans on the fly. I ran a few plans, but they all had us waiting 30 minutes for the Great Movie ride. Um, nope. So I decided we didn't have to do that. I decided I would use our GAD voucher today, instead of our AK day. So I left at 7:30, and mom would join me later in the morning. A bus came within 2 minutes of me getting to the stop. I got to DHS and went to redeem the GAD voucher. The lady really didn't want me to redeem it today. She said Rock 'n' Roller Coaster wasn't open, the park wasn't expected to be busy, if I waited I could get cards for the whole family. :headache: Yes lady, I know. Give me my card already! So she finally did, and I headed in. I was the first in line at my turnstile. I waited there for 45 minutes. Once they let us in, I power walked to the rope. *I realized once I got on the bus I forgot my sunglasses. Also, once I had taken 12 pictures and my "memory card" was full, I realized I'd also forgotten my memory card in the room, so a few of my pics are missing at the moment. I didn't bring my camera USB cord.* They brought out Paige Turner and the director Streetmosphere guy to entertain us for a few minutes. Then the rope dropped and the crowd hightailed it to Toy Story Mania. I was the 15th person in line, but because of the way they put us in the lines for the trams, the first one on the ride!! My score was 26,700. After that, I grabbed us FPs for later (4 of them-1 using my ticket, and 3 with the GAD card). Then I went to meet the Cars, and got our FPs for Star Tours (the only FP machine operating was for the GAD cards). Next, I headed for the Sorcerer Hat. I got a bunch of Photopass pics-me holding the hat, the balloon shot, stitch, Minnie sitting next to me. I also met a TON of characters today: Lightening McQueen, Mater, Chip & Dale, Pluto, Goofy, Minnie, Daisy, Donald, Stitch, Buzz & Woody! I headed toward the entrance to wait for mom. I sat on the wall outside of Sid Cahuenga's and Honey Darling & her husband were there. I was eating a poptart so they made a fuss about it. Hubby wanted one, and Honey told him no, he couldn't even smell it because he would inhale too many calories. He kept calling me "poptart" after that. He saw my birthday pin and guessed I was 20, I told him 19, and Honey said to hubby"Oh you're on fire today dear!" Then they asked who I was waiting for, and asked where mom was coming from. He asked me if I had a phone, and then told me to go have fun, leave her behind, there's too much to do! It was really entertaining! :rotfl:
Mom finally got there around 10:40, and we headed to the hat to meet more characters. We caught a bit of the HSM3 show. As fans of the franchise, we were disappointed. Then we headed to the backlot to meet Mike & Sulley. No luck. They guy told us one minute they'd be out, which turned into 15. We didn't want to wait for that, so we left and went on the backlot tour. I love the Hannah Montana Chicken Coop!! We grabbed lunch from Studio Catering Co.-a grilled veggie sandwich, apple slices, and a cheesecake. Everything was great. Then we headed back to TSM and rode twice in a row. First time: My score was 41,000, mom's was 57,000. Next time, mine was 54,900 and mom's was 73,000. It was getting really hot and I wasn't feeling too great, so we decided to head to Star Tours and then call it a day. I had the FPs, but we didn't need them-the ride was a walk on! Just as we arrived at the bus stop, so did our bus. Perfect timing! :goodvibes We stopped at BB on the way, and then we were back. We napped for a few hours and will spend the evening by the pool!

Things I had planned on doing, but didn't:
-Indy Jones
-Lights, Motors, Action
-Muppets
-Great Movie Ride
-American Idol

None of which I'm terribly heartbroken we missed.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=608588735&aid=169933#!/album.php?aid=170506&id=608588735

Where We Found Photopass Photgraphers:
On Hollywood Boulevard all around the Hat and with the characters, with Buzz & Woody at Pixar Place.

Link to my public Picasa albums if you don't have Facebook: http://picasaweb.google.com/gretchenlf1

Love the updates! I've only looked at your first facebook album (so far!)...ahhh I miss Kidani!

YAY!! So glad you're having a great trip! We'll be down there on Saturday!!!

Yes, it's been awesome so far! And the weather's been great-it only rained for an hour the first day we got here, and it was overcast Wednesday evening but no rain.

Love the updates! I've only looked at your first facebook album (so far!)...ahhh I miss Kidani!

Kidani is great. We went over to Jambo last night to swim in their pool and we much prefer Kidani; it's more homey and calm, though there are kids here, too. It doesn't seem to be all that full either.

Today we literally shopped til we dropped. We started off with breakfast at Mara, and when we were done a DTD bus came within 5 minutes. I wanted to start off on West Side, but our driver wasn't very friendly so I didn't want to ask if she'd be stopping at Pleasure Island. We just walked over from Marketplace. DisneyQuest was not fun. We only did the Buzz Lightyear ride (and we didn't get the hang of it until the end) because there were two HUGE groups from schools taking over the place. Then, I lost my sunglasses somewhere so I had to buy new ones, but I like them better than my old ones.

Today We Ate At:
~Candy Cauldron (Chocolate Covered Strawberries)
~Wolfgang Puck Express (Margherita Pizza)
~Earl of Sandwich (The Original 1762 w/ a side of coleslaw)
~Ghirardelli (Very Berry Sundae)
~Goofy's Candy Co. (Me: Pretzel rods dipped in milk chocolate, 1 each dipped in Reese's Pieces, Mini M&Ms, and Butterfinger, then drizzled with white chocolate. Mom: Rice crispy treat dipped in milk, then mini m&ms and drizzled with white chocolate.

We Shopped At:
~The pick-a pearl place (my pearl for my necklace is tiny but cute)
~Magentron (2 Magnets)
~World of Disney (T-shirt for me that has rainbow peace signs and a Mickey outlined in Silver, and dangling Mickey earrings for mom)
~Disney's Days of Christmas
~Design a Tee (We made matching pink shirts with our names, a character design that says Celebrate Today and "Mom & Daughter Dream Vacation 2010 Kidani Village-pics in the links)
~Wonderful World of Memories
~Mickey's Mart (4 for $10-we bought my brother a HSM poster, pens, and book, and a Camp Rock journal)

We also took the boat and looked around Port Orleans. We waited about 25 minutes for a bus back to Kidani, but there were benches under the shelter, plus a breeze/fans were going. It was really hot again today, but I didn't get sunburned. :thumbsup2

Tomorrow is Epcot-World Showcase!

Facebook Album

Picasa Albums

Oh my god you must be having an incredible time!!! ive loved looking at all your pictures and hearing about the stuff you did!!! Now im about 2000 times more excited for my trip:laughing:!!! can't wait to hear more!!!

I'm too exhausted to do a real update but here's a rundown. We had lunch at Le Cellier (yummy) and dinner at Kringla Bakeri. We got snacks from the pastry stand, Kaki Gori, and refreshment outposts. We rode Maelstrom and Gran Fiesta Tour, saw Reflections of China, Dragon Legend Acrobats, The American Adventure, Impressions de France, O Canada!, and the British Invasion. I met Mulan, Snow White, Jasmine, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Alice, and Mary Poppins (who covertly revealed to me that she also goes to Geneseo. She said "Oh, I'm, quite familiar with that school. The sunsets are beautiful, aren't they? Perhaps I'll see you in the fall. In the townhouses. Number 13." All in her British Mary Poppins way. :rotfl:) After lunch we got mom a wheelchair because she's got some very nasty blisters that were killing her to walk on. So we took advantage of the wheelchair seating for IllumiNations, which was great (the seating and the show). That's all I've got for now. AK in the morning.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=170961&id=608588735&saved#!/album.php?aid=170961&id=608588735

Sounds like you're having a great time! Your Earl of Sandwich picture is making me really hungry. LOL.

sounds like fun!!! Please post some more nonfacebook photos asap!!!:rotfl:
by the way, while im thinking of it, whats BTMRR? Sorry im not so good with abbreviations!!

HI!!! I am so happy to find your PTR! You look like a VERY detailed planner like me! ;)

Also, I am so happy for you doing the Teach America program :goodvibes I am getting my certification right now, so I know how great it is.

Can't wait for more popcorn::

OH join my Christmas PTR if you would like!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2466251

:welcome: Yes, I am definitely a detailed planner! I'm not sure if my program is the same as Teach America, but regardless, we still help students, so it's all good. :goodvibes I'll head over to your PTR when I get home- I barely have enough time to update here as is!

Sounds like you're having a great time! Your Earl of Sandwich picture is making me really hungry. LOL.

Yup, we're having lots of fun. That sandwich was AWESOME!

sounds like fun!!! Please post some more nonfacebook photos asap!!!:rotfl:
by the way, while im thinking of it, whats BTMRR? Sorry im not so good with abbreviations!!

More photos on the way! BTMRR= Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Today was Animal Kingdom. We were at the bus stop around 8:20, and a bus came not long after that. We got through the turnstiles in time to catch a bit of "The Adventure Begins" show. Kilimanjaro Safaris was first on our list so we headed toward Africa. First I grabbed some FPs (which we never ended up using). We saw lots of animals, including lions, and I got some good photos. Next we headed to Kali River Rapids, ponchos in hand. Nobody else in our raft spoke English-they all spoke Spanish. :sad2: What a weenie ride! There was nothing to it and I was a little disappointed. We also saw Flights of Wonder, which was really cool. Next we stopped for a frozen lemonade, which really hit the spot-it was hot today! After our snack we took the Maharajah Jungle Trek, but there weren't many animals out. I got FPs for Everest and then we found a shady bench near Nemo to eat our sandwiches. Around 12:30 we got in line for Nemo, and the wait was inside the theater which I wasn't expecting. I really liked the show, almost better than the movie. I thought the songs were catchy. After that we shopped for a bit, then went to see Festival of the Lion King. What an amazing show! We really wanted to meet Thumper in Camp Minnie Mickey, but he wasn't out. :sad1: Around this time we decided we'd had enough. The park was hot, crowded, the people were very rude and pushy today, and there were so many foreign rude people as well. So mom headed back to Kidani while I rode Everest. I used one FP and once on the single rider line. Believe it or not, the FP line was faster. I waited about 15 minutes for a bus back to the resort and it was packed. We napped for about two hours, then went and had dinner at the pool bar and went for a swim and sat in the hot tub. I'm just finishing this up before heading to bed before a day of fun at MK!

Picasa Photos
Facebook Album Day 7

The good news: It's cooler today and not as humid, the people seem to be friendlier, and the park is not too crowded. The bad news: I've been getting a lot of black fly bites and I'm mildly allergic, so they're super itchy. :sad1: Anyway, we had a great morning. I knew there was no way I was getting mom up to be at the rope, but we did make rope drop, arriving at MK around 8:40am. As soon as the rope dropped, I power walked to Space Mountain to get my FPs, and told mom to get to Buzz as quickly as possible. By the time I got over there, she was already waiting. :thumbsup2 It was a walk on, and I scored better than her. We got right back on, with a very short wait. Again, I scored better than Mom. I was amazed! :laughing: Next, we made our way back to Pooh. Now, here is where RideMax failed me a bit. RideMax told me the wait would be 2 minutes; the posted wait was 20. It was about 10. I was panicking, thinking we wouldn't make it to the Toontown rope drop. But we did! And...we were the second family in line to meet the fairies!! :worship: I got to meet Fawn, Tinker Bell, and Silvermist. They were all very nice and Tinker Bell was especially in character. I wanted to meet Mickey before the wait got too long, so that's where we went next. First, mom took pictures in his house and we only waited about 10 minutes or so to meet him....AND Minnie! Bonus! By the time we were let in, quite a line had built up. Next, we stopped at County Bounty to look for a gift for grandma. We didn't find anything, but I got a princess picture frame. Mom and I decided that we're going to pick a Photopass picture we really like and print one for each of us, then put it in our own frames. Finally, we toured Minnie's house. Next up on the plan was Snow White. Our predicted wait was 8 minutes; posted was 15. It actually was about 8 minutes. I just have to say no wonder I was terrified of that ride as a child. It's really scary! :eek: We were a bit behind schedule because we had lingered a bit in Toontown, so we got our FPs for Peter Pan, and looked at it's a small world. The posted wait was 20 minutes, but it was 11:10 and we had lunch ADRs for 11:30, so we went right over to Liberty Tree Tavern. We were the first family in the lobby and after the restaurant opened, the third or so to be seated. Our waitress was Caitlyn from Pennsylvania and she was great. Head over to my dining reviews to read more. We were out in just under an hour. We went back to small world and the wait still said 20 minutes, but we jumped in line. It was only about 10 and the ride itself was less obnoxious than I remembered. It also didn't seem as long. After our happiest cruise that ever sailed we headed for the bus stop and waited 10-15 minutes. We're back at the hotel for a few hours before more fun at MK, plus Spectro and Wishes!

Facebook Album
Picasa Albums

Love all your pictures. PS, I just added you as a friend on facebook if you want a Disney friend. hehe

sounds like you guys really had an amazing trip!!! Can't wait to see the real trip report!!!

I'm too exhausted to do a real update but here's a rundown. We had lunch at Le Cellier (yummy) and dinner at Kringla Bakeri. We got snacks from the pastry stand, Kaki Gori, and refreshment outposts. We rode Maelstrom and Gran Fiesta Tour, saw Reflections of China, Dragon Legend Acrobats, The American Adventure, Impressions de France, O Canada!, and the British Invasion. I met Mulan, Snow White, Jasmine, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Alice, and Mary Poppins (who covertly revealed to me that she also goes to Geneseo. She said "Oh, I'm, quite familiar with that school. The sunsets are beautiful, aren't they? Perhaps I'll see you in the fall. In the townhouses. Number 13." All in her British Mary Poppins way. :rotfl:) After lunch we got mom a wheelchair because she's got some very nasty blisters that were killing her to walk on. So we took advantage of the wheelchair seating for IllumiNations, which was great (the seating and the show). That's all I've got for now. AK in the morning.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=170961&id=608588735&saved#!/album.php?aid=170961&id=608588735

Mary goes to Geneseo??? OMG!!! I have to find out who that is! Loving the reports and pics. Welcome back to the 'Seo today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter