All Star Movies Renovations

Correct. All Star buildings are only 3 stories, with 64 rooms per floor (192 rooms per building). POP buildings are 4 stories with 72 rooms per floor (288 rooms per building). Different counts for All Star Music which has several family suites, which are essentially 2 connecting rooms. Those may take slightly longer or shorter, depending on what gets done for the suites.

A rough estimate looks as though each POP building took ~70 days to complete (some longer, some shorter). I don't know if anyone has actually kept track of the length to complete each building so far. With one less floor and fewer rooms, AS buildings should be less than 2 months each. Of course, that's assuming just the planned renovations and no other work needs to be done (I think a couple of the POP buildings had extensive plumbing work that added to the job). POP renovations took a total of slightly less than 18 months. In general, each All Star resort should have a shorter renovation time start-to-finish compared to POP.

Enjoy your vacation!
Yeah I’m not sure how the suites will go. It’s really hard to tell until they actually start work on them.

I went through all of the posts and did my best to report how long each building took to renovate. The estimates aren't great, but I did what I could with what was posted here. For some reason, Building 8 took a lot longer than the other buildings. It could be because I didn't receive any reports. It might also be that something happened and the building needed extensive work. I honestly don't know.

I might have time this week to go through all of the posts and roughly guess how long each building has taken. It will be a really rough guess since it’s all based on reports from other posters but I could probably do that.

Isn’t the wait the hardest part lol? We took our niece in March and it was so much fun to see her experience Disney for the first time!
Absolutely - I have a countdown on my work computer. First thing I see when I switch on and reminds me why I'm working. We went to DLP this summer as a test run as it is an easy drive from the UK and much smaller. We had such a great time, we were already planning WDW 2019 on the way home. Last time in WDW, we stayed at the Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans (which I seem to remember went by the name of Dixie Landings) but as so little time is spent in the room, we decided on an All Stars room and put more funds into the holiday spending money pot - hope we dont regret that decision. Regarding the refurbs, if 2-3 buildings are being upgraded concurrently and it is taking approximately 2 months per building, they should have the Movies wrapped up by Christmas. If my maths are correct, then 7 buildings should be completed by the end of October. I watch to see how accurate my guesswork is.

We will be staying here in Jan. I have stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort family suite once before, but never the All Star category.

Absolutely - I have a countdown on my work computer. First thing I see when I switch on and reminds me why I'm working. We went to DLP this summer as a test run as it is an easy drive from the UK and much smaller. We had such a great time, we were already planning WDW 2019 on the way home. Last time in WDW, we stayed at the Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans (which I seem to remember went by the name of Dixie Landings) but as so little time is spent in the room, we decided on an All Stars room and put more funds into the holiday spending money pot - hope we dont regret that decision. Regarding the refurbs, if 2-3 buildings are being upgraded concurrently and it is taking approximately 2 months per building, they should have the Movies wrapped up by Christmas. If my maths are correct, then 7 buildings should be completed by the end of October. I watch to see how accurate my guesswork is.
I’ve never been to DLP but I’ll get there some day! We are going to TDR next summer and we are super excited. We are like you and usually book our next trip pretty soon after the one we just took. We get home and just think about wanting to be back so bad. We feel like there is always something new to see. It’ll be nice to get reports about the next building to see how long it takes to finish.

I have Movies booked for Feb 2019. The drop downs for making preference is not active on my reservation. (to select particular buildings). We reserved a preferred room. Do we need to wait until closer to our date to have the option to select a building?

I have Movies booked for Feb 2019. The drop downs for making preference is not active on my reservation. (to select particular buildings). We reserved a preferred room. Do we need to wait until closer to our date to have the option to select a building?

It's a glitch in the system, surprise, surprise. We're staying next month and the dropdowns haven't had options listed in months. We spoke to a CM on the phone and he noted our request on our reservation.

You’ll want to call. The drop down menus haven’t been working for months. I would just call and ask if they can put “______ section please” on your reservation.

I have more photos but I’ll stop with these. We really loved the room! We also had 2 nights at Pop and I actually preferred the room at Movies. I liked the coffee area better. It takes up less space and the drawer is much deeper. The dresser drawers were very shallow at Pop and these looked deeper although I didn’t use them so can’t say for sure. The bed at Movies was incredible and better than Pop. Probably just newer. We really enjoyed the pool, too.

Thank you for the pictures!! I'd love to see more. We are going to be at movies next month! We were there in march and it was still the old room so I'm excited to see the new ones!

I have more photos but I’ll stop with these. We really loved the room! We also had 2 nights at Pop and I actually preferred the room at Movies. I liked the coffee area better. It takes up less space and the drawer is much deeper. The dresser drawers were very shallow at Pop and these looked deeper although I didn’t use them so can’t say for sure. The bed at Movies was incredible and better than Pop. Probably just newer. We really enjoyed the pool, too.
Thanks for the pictures! I’m glad you liked the room! I love the green in the bathroom. Our bathroom at pop had light blue. I think the green stands out a lot more.

Did you notice where construction was at around the resort?

It was dark when we arrived and I didn’t take the time to walk around the next morning, so I didn’t see the construction.

It was dark when we arrived and I didn’t take the time to walk around the next morning, so I didn’t see the construction.
That’s okay. Thanks for all of the pictures! I really like the pop of colors they have in these rooms. I’m surprised the beverage station would be different. You’d think they would just buy the same thing for movies as pop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter