All Star Music Renovations

So...now that Movies is open, anyone in Orlando who wants to go stalk the property for some updates on Music?
I'd be very grateful for any news on this. I just want to know if there are any plans for it to reopen or not this year so I can figure out where I may be moved to.

So...now that Movies is open, anyone in Orlando who wants to go stalk the property for some updates on Music?
Are they allowing people to walk around with it being closed? It may be hard to tell from far away how progress is.

Are they allowing people to walk around with it being closed? It may be hard to tell from far away how progress is.
I don’t know. The site that must not be named took some pictures this morning of Movies but it wasn’t clear what the access to the rest of the property was. The way the property is laid out, with Movies in the back, it’s hard to imagine them being able to block any access though.

I don’t know. The site that must not be named took some pictures this morning of Movies but it wasn’t clear what the access to the rest of the property was. The way the property is laid out, with Movies in the back, it’s hard to imagine them being able to block any access though.
Normally I’d be all over this but we have a 10 month old now so it’s harder for me to drive over and check it out. Hopefully someone else is able to

Normally I’d be all over this but we have a 10 month old now so it’s harder for me to drive over and check it out. Hopefully someone else is able to
Very understandable! IIRC you’re not exactly close by either.

Anyone could try asking a cast member at movies and see if they know anything. I haven't seen anything from pics from the opening that the access points are blocked off.

I am reasonably sure you could get close enough to Music on foot without violating the boundaries to understand if there is construction ongoing there; the buildings they had left to do are the ones that face Movies. Sports would be more hit or miss; it looks like you’re allowed to walk to McDonald’s but the tennis and basketball sections would probably be hard to see.

Thought music had been finished?
When the parks closed it was half done. There has been zero word on anything since then. I will note that they finished the refurbishment at AoA before it reopened (it had 1.5 buildings to go at that point) and they’re finishing the WL cash room refurbishment and starting and finishing a refurbishment at Poly prior to reopening them, so I’m optimistic the same will be true for these resorts.

I am reasonably sure you could get close enough to Music on foot without violating the boundaries to understand if there is construction ongoing there; the buildings they had left to do are the ones that face Movies. Sports would be more hit or miss; it looks like you’re allowed to walk to McDonald’s but the tennis and basketball sections would probably be hard to see.
Nope I had it backwards. The ones they were working on at closing (6&7) face Movies. 1-5 face Sports.

I've seen a couple of sites/blogs predict this will be the next resort to announce a reopening date, but I wouldn't guess as to how accurate that is. I'm waiting eagerly to hear when it will reopen so I can book our Spring 2022 trip! We really want to stay in one of the refurbished family suites.

*Edited for wording.

I would guess they fast track this and reopen around the 4th of July. I don’t think they’ll reopen until it’s done though.

Sports I assume they would then renovate once they’re done with Music and reopen in September.

Just a guess, let’s see how I do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter