All Star Sports question

eeyoresbestfriend

Mouseketeer
HI! I just found out my husband is returning next week from his 7 month deployment for Operation Iraqi freedom!! So anyway, we were told the dates we could take for leave, and its only 2 weeks from now! So I was able to get a good rate at All Star Sports, and was wondering if anyone could let me in on which non-preferred rooms would be the best? We have a 4 yr old DS and a 6 yr old DD. I appreciate any help you can give me, and any other words of advice you may have. We are currently stationed in Germany, so it will be a long flight back, but I can't pass it up! Thanks again!

I would recommend the Touchdown section(7 & 10) because they have a nice size football field to play on and they are close to everything.

My dd(4) loved kicking the ball around in our spare time and basically running free.

You could play catch or just run wild. It's a special surface so if you fall you won't get scratched up.

We stayed in Basketball last Sept, and there was nothing much to do outside the room.

HTH
D

We have stayed at ASSports three times and my favorite section is the Homerun Hotel. Ask for a room facing the pool. The baseball pool is a great "quiet" pool and the kids love it. We went to the main pool once during our last stay and the kids preferred to go back to the baseball pool.

If you are in the Touchdown section, lots of kids play football at all hours of the day. Even though there are signs that say the football field closes at 10:00 p.m., we saw kids out playing well past 11 or midnight. It is very NOISY in the Touchdown section.

The nice thing about the Homerun Hotel is you get to walk through the Touchdown section everytime you go to the Foodcourt or to catch the bus.

This is a great hotel with kids! The rooms are on the small side, but that's ok for the price. However, I am surprised you weren't able to get a better deal with Shades of Green.

If you have any other questions about the All-Stars (we have been there 5 times), let me know.

Congratulations on your husband's return. Please tell him thank you for a job well done!

Did you try to get Shades of Green? They are using the Contemporary now and that would also be nice. We have stayed at ASSp twice. Both times we ended up inthe Hoops Hotel section and it was a VERY short walk to the pool and food court. It is also a very quiet area.

Another vote for Touchdown (Building 10). Loved sitting outside the room when he littles ones fell asleep. We could watch the pick-up football games (not always teenagers - some old timers, too). And we were a short distance form the quiet baseball pool mentioned above. Goofy shoots water at everyone! It is fun.

I'm about to go to the Touchdown building for the fourth time! (Well, I'm hoping I get that building!!) We always use that baseball pool & it has always been very quiet there for us. Close to buses and food court!

And please do thank your DH for us. And thank you to you and your family for being a supportive wife! You all deserve a Disney trip!

Touchdown would be the closest non-preferred for main building and bus stops. I don't think anything at Sports is terribly far from there. I like the tennis building, but I don't have any kids.

I just wanted to thank you all for the input, looks like we will try for Touchdown, or Homerun. And thanks for all of the good wishes for my husband, it will be so nice to have him home again!
One more question if you don't mind, do the All Starts all share busses? How crowded do they get? I this (May 2) a busy week to be going? Thanks again for all the advice! M

It usually depends on the crowds. In the morning, the bus will go on to the Music or Movies if it is not too crowded, but this is rare. Usually, the Sports bus fills up and went on to the respective park (MK, Epcot, MGM, AK) without stopping anywhere else.

In the evening, there is a bus for each of the 3 All-Star resorts. However, all three lines are usually very long and the All-Stars busstop is furthest away from the park entrance. The buses are always extremely crowded if you leave around park closing. Most of the time, if you are carrying a child, someone will give up a seat for you, but not always. I have held a sleeping child while trying to stand up on the bus many times. If I am not holding a child, I always give up my seat for a child or someone holding a child as I know how tired they are after a long day in the parks.

The only time the buses weren't crowded was when we came back for an afternoon break (and we went in the off-season).

We went the first week of May in 2001. The parks themselves were not too crowded and the weather was great!!

However, even in the off-season, the All-Star buses always seem to be crowded first thing in the morning and at park closing, but don't let that bother you. I think Disney does a good job of filling up the All-Stars so even in "slow" times, the All-Stars are full. Don't worry when you're heading over to the Magic Kingdom standing up on a full bus from the All-Stars. Once you get there, it won't seem so crowded.

I just wanted to chime in with a word of thanks for your husband. Let him know that he is very much appreciated!

Thanks for the continued input, I did call shdes of green, but being that our trip is so close, they were all booked up, I figured they would be, but we are happy with the Sports, the kids are little enough they will love it I'm sure! Someday I do hope we will have enough notice of leave that we will be able to book Shades of green far enough in advance, but its really hard with my husbands job in the Army, but we'll keep trying! Thanks again for the help, and I will make sure to let my husband know the support that he and the others have! MB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter