"All The Single Riders" .... **COMPLETED** 10th Feb 2012

Linda67

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone :goodvibes

I’ve just returned from a great couple of days at DLP staying at The Disneyland Hotel

I travelled solo on this trip and for those of you that had the misfortune of reading my last DLP trip report :laughing: you will probably remember that I did the same trip back in February 2011

I hadn’t really intended to visit again this year as I’m off to WDW with DH in May but a 50% discount offer dropped into my inbox on a particularly boring afternoon at work and I just couldn’t resist :surfweb:

For those that haven’t witnessed my ramblings previously here I am, complete with ridiculous head-gear

7b348a84-1.jpg

This trip was my fifth visit to DLP and my second without DH who loves WDW but isn’t quite so keen on DLP

So I hope you can join me in the single rider line for a quick visit to Le Mouse

Oh and I will sign off for now with something to make you smile on a Monday

79350ff8-1.jpg

Links To Updates

[post=43822377]Travel & Day One (Part One)[/post]
[post=43831468]Day One - Checking In At DLH[/post]
[post=43843810]Day One - Disneyland Park[/post]
[post=43885398]Day One - Evening & Disney Village[/post]
[post=43893712]Day Two - Early Morning Part One[/post]
[post=43893735]Day Two - Early Morning Part Two[/post]
[post=43902389]Day Two - Walt Disney Studios[/post]
[post=43909818]Day Two - DLP Guided Tour[/post]
[post=43918377]Day Two - Studios Guided Tour[/post]
[post=43945017]Day Two - Fantasia Cafe Bar, New York City Bar and EOS[/post]
[post=43976063]Day Three - Disneyland Park Part One[/post]
[post=43986952]Day Three - Disneyland Park Part Two[/post]

I love the title of this TR so very much :rotfl:

And for the record, furry head gear and cute DLP refreshments? Count me in!

all settled and waiting for TR. Sounds like fun :surfweb:

Travel & Day One

So I was up at stupid o’clock and a bleary eyed (that’s “bleary eyed” not “teary eyed” :laughing:) DH drove me to the station

No surprise that the early morning train to Paddington was packed but it’s only a 20 minute journey so it wasn’t too painful

A couple of stops on the tube and I was at St Pancras in no time at all and as is typical for me, I was far too early so I hopped over to King’s Cross to see if I could catch a train to Hogwarts

f5079d87.jpg

eca4ada7.jpg

My next port of call was Le Pain Quotidien for a spot of breakfast and a caffeine fix

6cd33dff.jpg

Ahh boiled egg and soldiers – takes me back to my youth (a very long time ago!!)

Once I had settled my bill I went for a wander around the station and a look around the shops before heading to check in

Check in was quick and easy but I still had about an hour to kill before the Eurostar was due to leave so I did the sensible and healthy thing by ordering yet another coffee and just so I had some company I was joined by the rather wonderfully named “Ginger Giovanni”

f1bb2985.jpg

Giovanni’s conversational skills were lacking so I bit his head off (a bit like early mornings with DH some days :lmao:)

It wasn’t long before I was boarding the train and tucked into a good book and in what seemed like no time at all the train arrived at Marne La Valley

As I was staying at the Disneyland Hotel it was only a short walk from the train and I was standing at the reception desk with Chip ‘n’ Dale fooling around behind me in the lobby soon after

Next Up – Room 1010

Giovanni’s conversational skills were lacking so I bit his head off (a bit like early mornings with DH some days :lmao:)

I just startled my OH by laughing (ok screeching) so loud at that :rotfl2: One of the funniest things I read in ages

I'm going to love this TR I can sense it :thumbsup2

more more more more more more more more :cheer2:

I'm loving this TR :cheer2:

Yep! I'm strapped in for the ride.... mostly because I have an unhealthy obsession Beyonce and I sing the title of this report every time I see it! lol

I just startled my OH by laughing (ok screeching) so loud at that :rotfl2: One of the funniest things I read in ages

I'm going to love this TR I can sense it :thumbsup2

:welcome: Please tell your OH I am sorry I helped to starle him :laughing:

Don't stop more please xxx

:welcome: Thanks for joining in, I will try my best to get another update done today

wonderful! and where do you get the mickey cookies from??? I NEED one

:welcome: Glad to have you reading along, the Mickey Cookies were from the Boardwalk Candy Palace on Main Street and they were divine :cloud9:

more more more more more more more more :cheer2:

I'm loving this TR :cheer2:

:goodvibes hopefully I will be able to do an update in my lunch break :surfweb:

Yep! I'm strapped in for the ride.... mostly because I have an unhealthy obsession Beyonce and I sing the title of this report every time I see it! lol

:cheer2: "If you liked it you should have put a ring on it .... oh oh oh, oh oh oh"
Now try getting that out of you head :laughing:

A holiday on your own????? Sounds bliss!!! Can't wait to read the rest-I'm heading next tuesday, moving to DLH on wednesday:cool1: so very interested in hearing about hotel!!

A holiday on your own????? Sounds bliss!!! Can't wait to read the rest-I'm heading next tuesday, moving to DLH on wednesday:cool1: so very interested in hearing about hotel!!

:welcome: there is certainly something to be said about a solo trip once in a while, you can be totally selfish :laughing:
Some photos of DLH coming right up

Day One - Checking In At DLH

Right two choices for my lunch break today

1) Walk down a rainy and cold Kensington High Street and hand over £5 for a soggy sandwich :rolleyes:

OR

2)Post another (not very) gripping instalment of my trip report :surfweb:

Unfortunately for you option number 2 won as I have forgotten my umbrella and have found a tin of soup in my desk drawers :laughing:

So where was I, ah yes, checking in at the Disneyland Hotel

d08ec8d9.jpg

Disneyland Hotel

I was greeted by a wonderful Cast Member who was super friendly and chatty; it’s always nice to be welcomed so nicely at the end of your journey

He handed me my room key and 6 fast passes, I think I was only supposed to get 3 but I wasn’t complaining.

It turns out that in three days in the parks I only used one; it was so quiet at both parks that there really wasn’t any point in using them

I hadn’t made any advance requests for a specific room location but was delighted that I was so close to the reception, especially as I was travelling alone

My room was on the ground floor which is a first for me, I wondered if I might hear footsteps above me all night but it turned out to be a really quiet room

Here are some pictures for you:

ff81dd15.jpg

Room 1010

b2dd10d3.jpg

Window View

7c091998.jpg

Patio View - this must be wonderful in the summer :cloud9:

07334f4d.jpg

Bed – Taken later that evening (note the chocolates on the bed :thumbsup2)

08dbd0db.jpg

TV & Minibar (in case you really have to get peanuts at 3am)

94abd453.jpg

Bathroom- yeah this is getting dull now isn't it :rolleyes:

I pretty much dropped my bag off, popped my passport in the safe and headed straight to DLP as it was closing at 6pm and I wanted to get as much park time as possible

Coming Up Next – Disneyland Park Here I Come

I'm in. What a stunning room!! Having a bed that size to myself sounds like heaven. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

nice :lovestruc beautiful wonderful DLH:love:

It is a wonderful hotel; I'd only ever stay there if there was a really good discount available though :goodvibes

I'm in. What a stunning room!! Having a bed that size to myself sounds like heaven. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in; I'll try and get another post up today

Where is the rest? X

Sorry, work get's in the way of DIS time :laughing:; I will try to get another post up today

Oh the bed looks wonderfully comfortable!

Looking forward to reading more!!

I certainly slept well :cloud9:

Day One – Disneyland Park

So after dropping my bag in my room I took the very short walk into DLP

I think it must have been a little before 3pm when I walked through the gates so I didn’t expect to get much done as the park was closing at 6pm

d063645e.jpg

It turns out that the park was very quiet so I decided to start my day over in Frontierland with a visit to Phantom Manor to kick things off

1d5503d7-1.jpg

Phantom Manor

There was a 10 minute wait posted for Big Thunder Mountain but it took less than 5 minutes before I was holding on to my hat and glasses for the wildest ride in the wilderness

70742d4a-2.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain

I then took a stroll over for a practice run for my Caribbean Cruise in May :cool1:

a76141b0-1.jpg

I was beginning to feel a little peckish so I hopped over to Fantasyland popped in here for a snack

58e5236e-1.jpg

b7456d1a-1.jpg

Brioche Pretzel & Hot Chocolate

Both were yummy and just what I needed for a quick energy boost :hyper:

Even in Fantasyland everything was walk on so I had time to ride Peter Pan and Dumbo before heading over to find a spot for the 5pm Parade

a292728c-1.jpg

On the way to Main Street I saw a cart selling crepes so decided to pick one up

d9e870d4-1.jpg

Sugar Crepe

It was actually pretty yuk, cold chewy and with one big blob of congealed sugar in the centre, I took one or two bites before throwing it into a bin :sad2:

I loved the look of these Popcorn Buckets that they were selling

a65de0c7-1.jpg

Popcorn Bucket

I got a great spot for the Parade which I really enjoyed :cloud9:

When the Parade had passed by I headed over to Discoveryland for a spin on Space Mountain and even had time to squeeze in a flight to Endor :darth:

2178a5f9-1.jpg

By the time I had finished up at Star Tours it was past 6pm so the park was officially closed but all of the shops along Main Street were still open so I took a slow stroll back to the front of the park whilst indulging in a spot of retail therapy :thumbsup2

The shops were deserted but nobody was rushing me along and I ended up walking out of the park and back to the Disneyland Hotel at a little before 7pm so don’t ever think you have to hurry out of the park when you hear the announcement that the Park is closing

Goodnight DLP – See You Tomorrow

42fbe5ab-1.jpg

Coming Up Next – Fantasia Café & Disney Village

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter