Almost awake now, Any questions about our recent trip to WDW?

eyoreaud

<font color=peach>Who? Us? Nosey? NEVER!<br><font
Hello everyone,:wave:
If anyone has any questions about WDW or USF or SW or Discovery Cove then feel free to ask away, I'm still rather jet lagged but raring to go again ASAP LOL.

We had afab time and met up with some fellow dissers over there, so come on guys'n' gals ask away......:D

Luv Audrey,
xxxxxxxxxxxx;)

Audrey, I'd love to hear about where you stayed and your thoughts on that. Also, what did you think of the 100 year anniversary parades?
You didn't happen to notice whether the Flame Tree Barbecue in AK was open by any chance??
( I really like the Flame Tree for lunch but since the numbers dropped, they only open it seasonally).

Hello Shirley,
Nice to be back, We stayed at the Marriot Residence Inn/Sea World international center, just off I-drive at 11000 Westwood Boulevard, It is a brand new hotel that just opened before we arrived and was absolutly beautiful, we got free breakfast buffet included daily and the pool was lovely with water fountains squirting around it, there was also a spa at the side and towel changing facilities.
The hotel also had a laundrette,small shop, barbeques,small games room,vollyball court and beautiful gardens, the staff were very helpful and polite and treated us as if we were family!

The rooms were all suites (although the kitchen was very small) and we had plenty of room for 5 people.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone as we found it far superior to the Disney All Stars, although i don't know the real price of the Marriot as our origional hotel group were double booked and paid for us to stay there at no extra cost to us, being a 4 star hotel and given the luxury decor of the place i guess it wouldn't come cheap.

The only minus points were the breakfast never differed at all and we got fed up after a few days and there was still building work going on next to it but it never really bothered us.

The 100 year celebration parades were lovely, the MK one was especialy magical and so was the Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade at MGM. The EPCOT parade was a little dissapointing for us as it was almost exactly the same as the millenium one.

I think the flame tree was open when we were there but i can't exactly remember.

Hope i havn't waffled on for too long Shirley but when i'm on a roll it's hard to get me to stop he he!:rolleyes:

Anything else you want to know, just ask and i'll try my best to keep it short (some hope, lol)

Luv Audrey
xxxxxxxxxx;)

Love to know what you thought of DC and if you think it offers value for money.

Hello Vernon,
Discovery Cove was really nice and peaceful but as for value for money, i'm not too sure about that. I suppose when you add on the price of the 7 day ticket to Sea World on top some people may think it's worth the money if they intend visiting SW a few times.

DH and DD got a lot more out of the experience than i did as they loved snorkeling but i'm afraid it wasn't for me as i'm afraid i panicked a little as i've never snorkeled before.
The dolphin swim was a lovely experience although we had to share this experience with 2 other people and we already had 5 members in our party and i couldn't justify buying the video(around $60 above the price you already had to pay for photographs)with strangers in it as well.

The aviery was a bit of a let down as well, i expected a lot more birds and the aviery itself was smaller than i imagined.
Maybe i was just expecting too much but for that sort of money(£750) and no discount for youngest DD(10) it was a luxury that i don't think i'll have in the future.
We also payed $60 for our photographs and that was a small package, you could expect to pay more if you wanted individual photos of your whole party.

Sorry to sound so negative Vernon but that's my honest opinion, maybe if the place hadn't been so hyped up i would have expected less although that said, if they put their prices down i would go again even if it was just for the dolphin swim as i do adore dolphins.

Hope this hasn't put you off visiting DC as i'm sure other people will dissagree with what i've just said,it's worth visiting as long as you are prepared for the size of the place and know about the length of time you actualy get to spend with the dolphin (ours was called Dixie)

Any other questions, ask away, i promise not to be so negative about them.
Luv Audrey,
xxxxxxxxxx;)

Thanks for your views Audrey, I do think it's important to get honest opinions, as those such as yours do help to give people realistic expectations of what's on offer. I love SW so I do make good use of the weeks entry.

Thanx for questions and replies so far,
Anything i can help anyone with regarding WDW or surrounding area please don't hesitate to ask, it's the least i can do after all the help you've all given me these past few months:)
Luv Audrey,
xxxxxxxxxx:D

Thank you Audrey :) I love getting feedback on all these things and it's good to hear about a new resort ........ glad you enjoyed it :) !

I'm in agreement with you about the aviary at DC - I also felt that the lazy river was too cold and didn't have a lot to look at using the snorkel either. I assumed that as it was early days then, things would be improved upon over time. That said, we did have a wonderful time there!

Hi presleyg
:wave:
Sorry but we only had the 5 day hopper + passes as we had missed so much of USF and IOA last time, that said i kind of wish we'd got the 10 day pass instead as i'm afraid i'm a bit of a Disney freak, too much coaster rides at IOA for my tastes but the kids loved it!!

Sorry i cant help but if you put a new thread in about it then i'm sure someone out there in dis land will help,
Luv Audrey,
xxxxxxxxxx:earsgirl:

Thanks I feel the same way about the thrill rides, having four kids is enough of a rollar coaster for me. We're spending the first part of our vacation doing SW, universal, IOA, and Bush Gardens to appease my teenage son. I'm hooping there is ennough for the younger ones to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter