Almost Home or Let's get the bad part of the Trip over first

Carrie_Cat

I'm a Rive Gauche person
Dear all,

as the title says I'm almost home and as it taken far longer than we planned here's the reasons why

Last time I spoke to you was on Christmas Day, we were in Cambodia and on our way back to Thailand to spend a week or so in Bangkok and then make our way down to Malaysia for our last 2 months.

Well on the morning of the 30th of December I was in the shower when I saw the red light flashing on the water heater, smelt a burning smell then a pop, next thing I was thrown across the shower stall, hit my head on the wall, went down and head rebounded twice off the marble floor, Just received an electric shock, later found out it's common over there -they don't earth electrics-and often lethal :eek:

Oh came bounding in and dragged me out of there, My head was swelling up really badly so after throwing clothes on went down and reception called a taxi paid for it and sent us off to the nearest hospital,

X-rays were done and the Dr took Oh off into another room, I was thinking of internal bleeding etc. so when they came back and told me that I had snapped my T12 vertebra I was simply so relieved ! Then the pain kicked in :sick:

So I spent the next 47 days in the hospital slowly but surely letting it heal and was finally discharged wearing a super Jewett body brace, Really clever in 32° and up but I was just so happy to be out :cool1:
Had to go back to hospital on the 27th of Feb to get the fit to fly from the Dr so we booked seats with Air Asia down to Penang on the 28th thinking that at least we'd get a month in Malaysia before our flight home from Singapore on the 12th April,

Sadly that didn't go to plan either as 6 days after leaving the hospital I got a very acute pain lower tummy right hand side and thought « Oh great, it would be just my luck to get appendicitis » !! Went back to the hospital and this time they did an ultrasound, Dr tells me that there is a mass of 12x10x11cm and they need to do a CT scan.
The next day they do the scan and there they say it's a tumour on the right ovary and it measures 16x9x12cm :worried:

So we got the fit to fly then went to Penang, had a few days and then went to Singapore where we had changed the flights and I landed in London a month early,

From there things went fairly fast and on the 24th of April I was operated on and they took out the tumour and the ovary,

Two weeks later I got a phone call that changed everything once again as I was told that I had a stage 1 ovarian cancer called Granulosa cell tumour which was contained (they thought) so back to the surgeon I go and there he goes over the MDT minutes and says you've also got pre cancerous cells in your uterus so everything is going to have to go.
So 2 weeks after that, second operation and full hysterectomy :guilty:

Everything came back ok and contained so they tell me so I don't need chemo but I am in remission for 5 years, Because it's a rare one nobody really knows how it will go so I'm getting on with it. Well you have to don't you :confused:

I've been back in France since last week and to end this on a happy note we will be moving into a new flat in Serris before the end of the month, I'll be 1 mile away from Dlp and I have a Dream Ap so I can go everyday if I want :cloud9:

I'll do a nice trip report within the next couple of months once I've got the pictures sorted out and settled back into normal life,

Right now I'm in the Loire and after living out of a suitcase since March 2013 I'm looking forward to unpacking those 50 odd boxes and rediscovering my stuff,

I wanted to tell all you this as I feel that we are friends even Ohana for some of you in a way and not just faceless names on a screen :grouphug:

Hi Carrie Cat.

Oh my goodness, you have been through a lot and I'm so sorry to hear about the cancer and hysterectomy. Sending you a big big hug :hug: It's good to see you back on the Dis, and great news on the Dream AP. Your past updates were invaluable and I'll certainly look forward to more when you move to Serris!

I hope this is the start of a happy, healthy chapter in your life. Welcome back :love:

OMG Carrie - that was way more of an adventure than you had anticipated :eek:!
I will keep everything crossed for your health from now on, and its wonderful to have you back "home" :goodvibes.

Welcome back....so so sorry to hear about the cracked vertebrae the cancer and your hysterectomy.... Jeepers you have been through the mill!!!! Hope now you on road to recovery and will enjoy great health from now on.....I think lots of dlrp trips should help;-)

Will be lovely to have all your tips direct again :-D

Wishing you wellness and happiness. Xxxx

Hi Carrie Cat.

Oh my goodness, you have been through a lot and I'm so sorry to hear about the cancer and hysterectomy. Sending you a big big hug :hug: It's good to see you back on the Dis, and great news on the Dream AP. Your past updates were invaluable and I'll certainly look forward to more when you move to Serris!

I hope this is the start of a happy, healthy chapter in your life. Welcome back :love:

OMG Carrie - that was way more of an adventure than you had anticipated :eek:!
I will keep everything crossed for your health from now on, and its wonderful to have you back "home" :goodvibes.

Welcome back....so so sorry to hear about the cracked vertebrae the cancer and your hysterectomy.... Jeepers you have been through the mill!!!! Hope now you on road to recovery and will enjoy great health from now on.....I think lots of dlrp trips should help;-)

Will be lovely to have all your tips direct again :-D

Wishing you wellness and happiness. Xxxx

Thank you all so much:grouphug:

The bad parts were pretty bad but we had an amazing time before all that and even though we had to cut it short I learnt a lot about myself and how great my family really are.

I saw things I had dreamt about seeing for years and would go back in a heartbeat.

In reality it will be another 6-7 years before we can afford another year off so you'll be seeing me out and about at DLP a lot.:goodvibes

welcome back!Sending you lots of hugs, happy thoughts, prayers and fingers crossed for your health.

I'm happy to see you back! We missed you!

Welcome back Carrie :wave2:

Really sorry to hear about everything you've been through :hug: but great to hear from you again!

Welcome home Carrie :hug::hug::hug:
I've missed you about the boards and often thought of you and your adventures.
I am saddened to hear of the tough time you've had. You are so strong and courageous to face all of that hardship and still be standing strong. I hope you are feeling well and that everything will soon be a distant memory.
I would love to hear about your adventures when you are up to it and congratulations on your new abode.
Glad to have you back xxx

Welcome home Carrie x

I'm so sorry to read of everything you have been through, I do hope you continue to be well and settle into your new home xx

Welcome back Carrie-Cat. Bigs hugs to you. Wishing you all the best for the future. Hope returning to the magic gives you a boost :)

Welcome back Carrie Cat :goodvibes so sorry to hear about your heath problems, hopefully all will be fine from now on:grouphug: and its great you back to your 2nd home :wizard:

:hug: Carrie Cat. You have had a rough time of it. Welcome back. Hopefully you can pick up some regular doses of pixiedust: now you're back in Serris to have you hale and hearty again.

OMG sorry to hear about your health struggles:worried:! Sending some warm thoughts and hugs your way - :lovestruc:hug:. Welcome home and enjoy some extra special Disney magic- pixiedust:.

First of all welcome back, it's so good to hear from you. I have been wondering how the trip was going. I'm so sorry to hear about all the health issues, I really hope that it will be good from now.

Oh god carrie what a awful time you had
Wishing you all the pixiedust: in the world
Great news about the flat quite fancy moving there too :)

Hi Carrie, it's wonderful to see you back :wave2:
Not so wonderful to read about your medical issues :grouphug:
Hope you're feeling well now and that a smidgeon of Disney magic pixiedust: will help aid your recuperation and recovery xxx

Oh Carrie, what a tough time you have had :hug:. So sorry that your wonderful year of travelling had to end that way but relieved that it sounds as if it was brilliant before all the bad things happened and you are recovering now. Really, really hope that everything is good from now on and you are that you are happy and healthy in your new home in Serris. I hear there is a great new boulangerie opened up there! :goodvibes

welcome back!Sending you lots of hugs, happy thoughts, prayers and fingers crossed for your health.

I'm happy to see you back! We missed you!

Thank you dear,:hug: I was just reading your pre trip report and I am so glad to see that your son Gailius doesn't have anything too serious. It must have been such a worrying time for you all. Let me know if you'd like a card from MM before your trip ;)

Welcome home Carrie :hug::hug::hug:
I've missed you about the boards and often thought of you and your adventures.
I am saddened to hear of the tough time you've had. You are so strong and courageous to face all of that hardship and still be standing strong. I hope you are feeling well and that everything will soon be a distant memory.
I would love to hear about your adventures when you are up to it and congratulations on your new abode.
Glad to have you back xxx

You've almost made me cry you know.:hug: I don't know about being strong...I've always been called stoic so maybe that helped me. I've got to go through a lot yet, they tell me it's like the stages of grief but I'm sure with the positive thoughts and encouragement of this board and the magic of Disney I'll come through it ok :goodvibes

Welcome back Carrie :wave2:

Really sorry to hear about everything you've been through :hug: but great to hear from you again!

Welcome home Carrie x

I'm so sorry to read of everything you have been through, I do hope you continue to be well and settle into your new home xx

Welcome back Carrie-Cat. Bigs hugs to you. Wishing you all the best for the future. Hope returning to the magic gives you a boost :)

Welcome back Carrie Cat :goodvibes so sorry to hear about your heath problems, hopefully all will be fine from now on:grouphug: and its great you back to your 2nd home :wizard:

:hug: Carrie Cat. You have had a rough time of it. Welcome back. Hopefully you can pick up some regular doses of pixiedust: now you're back in Serris to have you hale and hearty again.

OMG sorry to hear about your health struggles:worried:! Sending some warm thoughts and hugs your way - :lovestruc:hug:. Welcome home and enjoy some extra special Disney magic- pixiedust:.

First of all welcome back, it's so good to hear from you. I have been wondering how the trip was going. I'm so sorry to hear about all the health issues, I really hope that it will be good from now.

Thank you all so much for your words and wishes. I really do appreciate them. Through all the madness I kept thinking of my return to the parks and getting you of new menu photos, stuff in the shops and just bringing a bit of magic to you through the boards seeing as I live here and can go so often. I think you are all fab :grouphug:

Oh god carrie what a awful time you had
Wishing you all the pixiedust: in the world
Great news about the flat quite fancy moving there too :)

That's why I've got the bit about the cases bleues du monopoly in my profile as that was how it was said Serris was - the bit where everyone wanted to live.:blush:

Hi Carrie, it's wonderful to see you back :wave2:
Not so wonderful to read about your medical issues :grouphug:
Hope you're feeling well now and that a smidgeon of Disney magic pixiedust: will help aid your recuperation and recovery xxx

Thank you Jill :goodvibes I thought about you when I saw all the Maléfique stuff there was around in the shops. Almost tempted to buy the dragon for myself.

Oh Carrie, what a tough time you have had :hug:. So sorry that your wonderful year of travelling had to end that way but relieved that it sounds as if it was brilliant before all the bad things happened and you are recovering now. Really, really hope that everything is good from now on and you are that you are happy and healthy in your new home in Serris. I hear there is a great new boulangerie opened up there! :goodvibes

Oh Cherry if it's the one that's just opposite the Place de Toscane I hope it will be good as I'm just round the corner from it :cutie:

Can't wait to be moving in, OH is getting the keys on Friday :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter