Am I allowed to scan my MK shoot pics & other random debates...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessBride010103

We got married in Disney World and are living happ
I know I don't own the rights to my pics, but does anyone know if I allowed to scan my proofs and post them?

worked just fine for us
figured if i wasn’t supposed to there would be a blue line
or proof stamped across them

Legally, I don't think you are supposed to...does everyone do it.....yes. I did break down and order a wall portrait of one of ours and one 8 x 10, to hold me over until my 3 year mark for my discounted CD.

I hate this rule. They are YOUR pictures and not only should you get every single negative (or cd copy) but you should also have the right to do whatever you want with them!! (without paying $1,000!). This really fries me. But, I have to succumb because I want my MK shoot. :confused3 Super suck.:furious:

I hate this rule. They are YOUR pictures and not only should you get every single negative (or cd copy) but you should also have the right to do whatever you want with them!! (without paying $1,000!). This really fries me. But, I have to succumb because I want my MK shoot. :confused3 Super suck.:furious:

This buggs me too. I really wish if nothing else, the price for your CD would at least be more affordable! 1000 is a lot of money! Darnit!

This buggs me too. I really wish if nothing else, the price for your CD would at least be more affordable! 1000 is a lot of money! Darnit!

In addition, it also bothers me that even if one chooses to buy the CD for 1000$, the images aren't high resolution. So, the image files on the CD are acceptable for emailing or posting but aren't acceptable for ordering prints and so forth.

We asked our planner about this: we would have paid the 1000$ for a high res CD because it is easy to use Disney Photography. Once we found out that the CD wasn't high res, we hired an outside photographer.

In addition, it also bothers me that even if one chooses to buy the CD for 1000$, the images aren't high resolution. So, the image files on the CD are acceptable for emailing or posting but aren't acceptable for ordering prints and so forth.

We asked our planner about this: we would have paid the 1000$ for a high res CD because it is easy to use Disney Photography. Once we found out that the CD wasn't high res, we hired an outside photographer.

:scared1: how much for the hi-res cd???????????

I just think its mad you have to pay extra for any of this, MK Shoot is pricey enough as it is. That should include you getting a cd of all of your pics, i think its madness that you then have top pay extra to get them.

So what exactly do you get for the money you pay for the MK Shoot???

They sure do make everything super confusing :confused3

I just think its mad you have to pay extra for any of this, MK Shoot is pricey enough as it is. That should include you getting a cd of all of your pics, i think its madness that you then have top pay extra to get them.

So what exactly do you get for the money you pay for the MK Shoot???

They sure do make everything super confusing :confused3

You get:
-The shoot
-All your proofs printed in 4x6
-An album with 12 pictures (5x7)

Sarah, are you sure they meant that the CD you buy for $1,000 is lo-res and not that the CD that comes with Disney's photography packages is lo-res?

Because the info on DPS's wedding photography packages says that you get a CD of lo-res images. But there's no written info on the resolution of the images on the $1,000 CD - and that would be ridiculous to pay that much for photos you can't print above 2x3 inches!

We'll have to see if one of the people who bought the "hi-res" CD after three years can confirm whether the images were indeed hi-res....

the 1000 CD is the high res one
the other one is like 100 and is only email size 4*6

No, they're not YOUR pictures. They belong to the photographer...the artist...who created them. You are buying copies of his/her creation.

This is no different than any other truly professional photographer out there. Some will allow you to buy the negatives...when I married, my photographer offered them to me for $800. You are contracting for photographic SERVICES...the taking of pictures and the option to purchase them. Its up to the photographer to decide if he or she wants to release them fully.

Every artist owns the rights to his work unless he/she agrees to release that right in writing or by agreement. Absent that, anyone copying that work is in violation of the copyright. Its up to the artist who owns the copyright to decide if its worth their time to pursue action against the violator.

the 1000 CD is the high res one
the other one is like 100 and is only email size 4*6

Really???? Our planner told us that the 1000$ one wasn't high res. Which seemed ridiculous. Well, actually 1000 even for a high res CD seems a tad ridiculous.

Oh well: we've already hired an outside photographer (which has ended up being way less expensive).

Really???? Our planner told us that the 1000$ one wasn't high res. Which seemed ridiculous. Well, actually 1000 even for a high res CD seems a tad ridiculous.

Oh well: we've already hired an outside photographer (which has ended up being way less expensive).

It is a bit ridiculous but impatient me bought it...LOL
actually we switched our package to get a CD instead of a large album
and just got the smaller ones....

No, they're not YOUR pictures. They belong to the photographer...the artist...who created them. You are buying copies of his/her creation.

This is no different than any other truly professional photographer out there. Some will allow you to buy the negatives...when I married, my photographer offered them to me for $800. You are contracting for photographic SERVICES...the taking of pictures and the option to purchase them. Its up to the photographer to decide if he or she wants to release them fully.

Every artist owns the rights to his work unless he/she agrees to release that right in writing or by agreement. Absent that, anyone copying that work is in violation of the copyright. Its up to the artist who owns the copyright to decide if its worth their time to pursue action against the violator.

Well I am not sure when you were married but now a days almost every photographer includes a CD/DVD with images included in the package.

I am flying in one of the best photographers in the country and guess what? My CD is included and I have the rights to MY photos.

Why Disney wants you to pay 1K for a CD with more than likely crappy MK photos is beyond me. Will I pay it? Yes.... Why? Because as much as it sucks I want MK photos.

Well I am not sure when you were married but now a days almost every photographer includes a CD/DVD with images included in the package.

I am flying in one of the best photographers in the country and guess what? My CD is included and I have the rights to MY photos.

Why Disney wants you to pay 1K for a CD with more than likely crappy MK photos is beyond me. Will I pay it? Yes.... Why? Because as much as it sucks I want MK photos.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Well said, i totally agree with you on that point !!

In my opinion, that's pretty debatable, and I don't completely agree with that take; it's an outdated way of doing business. It's NOT a fully original creation because the picture doesn't happen without you in it. You're paying a professional to take a picture of you. The photographer didn't spontaneously create my face and my dress!

"Contracting for photographic services" is semantics; no one hires a photographer just to be there to document the event; people hire photographers to acquire pictures that they can frame and hang on the wall.

I do also see the photog's point of view because I'm marrying an artist. A professional must make a living; I don't believe that things should come for free. But even DF who is an artist thinks that that mindset is not really sensible. On the flipside of what you're saying, if the photographer owns the rights to pictures of my face, that means that he/she can do a slew of things that he/she wants with my picture for profit or otherwise.

I do agree with you though that it's up to the photographer whether he/she will release the rights. And eventually, if photographers want to stay competitive, more and more of them will include the rights to the pictures, or sell them at a REASONABLE price, as so many of the outside photographers that DISbrides use do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter