Am I being cheap?

Thanks everyone! I feel much better knowing that I haven’t diminished the quality of the resort part of the vacation. Now to convince them that table service isn’t that great and we can’t fly back with a lot of souvenirs!!! I’m kidding, I’m kidding!

I’ve stayed both. I much prefer YC. I think you got the better resort and saved money. That’s called a win-win. :banana:

Yep, I’m another team YC, in fact I once paid slightly more to stay at YC rather than BC, I did not want to end up in one of those Juliette balcony rooms which the BC has.
I believe that the YC’s rooms typically have a lot of convention attendees and since the convention business is pretty slow right now there are a lot more YC rooms than in normal times.

Another plus for YC is when those resorts share the buses to MK and AK they get picked up first and the boat dock is in front of YC.

Like someone else said it's not like you are switching to a value resort. I wanted to stay at Yacht or Beach club for our upcoming trip in a few weeks. But the prices were sky high with no discounts in sight. So I booked the Dolphin. I get to be in the same area for 1/2 the cost. I had it in my head I wanted a Disney resort but to be honest the Dolphin gets the same perks like early entry so why pay twice as much. Enjoy your trip!

We have stayed at both. While I prefer YC, the resort experience is similar and I would 100% take whichever was cheaper- especially if you are talking 100’s of dollars.

I think you will still have an amazing time!

Good move, would’ve done the same thing. Have stayed at both and would stay at whichever one is cheaper.

I think it's the right move to save that much money. You get the same pool, walking distance to Epcot and Skyliner, and the water view. The lobby and room theming are the largest differences.

I see YC discounted more than BC. I would’ve done it. We enjoyed our stay there and think it’s beautiful. 👍🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter