Am I going to be in BIG trouble if I show up with an extra guest at DLR Hotels?

shellyof4

Disney FANatic
Ok so here's my question....

We have (my dh and I) 4 children...11, 8, 3 and will be 11 months on our trip. I can't book anything online with 4 kids....says too many guests...we can't afford two rooms or a suite at a DLR hotel...we don't mind being cramped as long as we have bed space....2 queens is fine and a pullout or cot is even better. Baby sleeps in our bed most of the time anyway and the other ones like to snuggle.

So question is, if I book saying I have 3 kids (the older ones) and then show up with the baby too, AM I in BIG trouble???? :sunny: ;)

Thanks for your help!
Shelly

I would call the hotel directly and ask..............they on't have to know who you are when you call........I think it would be cramped but ok

I have done it with 4 kids at the time were 10,9,2 and 3 weeks. Have done it several times since then at the DLH and the PP. I wouldn't tell them but that is just me. It is against policy for more than 5 in a room. The rooms are big and you will have plenty of space. If you are like us there will probably be a kid or 2 in your bed anyway.

I don't know if it works the same at DL as it did for us when we went to WDW with a baby but they didn't 'count' the baby when we booked at Pop Century so we were able to stay in a 'max 4' room with 5 of us. We weren't crowded or anything but we are ones that do tend to organize to maximize space. :) When we went to DL, our 'baby' wasn't yet 3 but I don't think they 'counted' him there either. That time we stayed at the GCH so maybe they did count but our room was made to sleep 5? I would call the hotel directly to find out. Either way, I don't think you will be in 'trouble.' (maybe charged an extra fee??)

I think a regular room at DLH hotel is fine. Just call and bookit through the agent. I don't think an infant counts.

We booked a trip a few years ago for 2 adults and 3 children for the DLH. My cousin decided to join us so we ended up with 3 adults and 3 children. We just never told them we had the extra person. With the daybed, there was plenty of room for all of us, only the bathroom was a problem! One bathroom and 6 people, YIKES!

We do it all the time. Children under three do not count in the final room "count". That is what they have always told me! Have fun!

Andrea

We stayed at Paradise Pier last weekend. We had two queen beds, one day bed and a pack and play in the closet. You could have fit your family in that room if they will allow it. You'd just need more towels from housekeeping because they only leave four.

ok Ive heard enough...I am the DLSP(disneyland secret police) and you are all being reported to the head cheese....Im writing you all up as we speak

The rule is no more than 5 (infants included) by the fire code not the hotel policy. I would just not all be lined up at check-in. You will most likely get a room with 2 queens and a daybed at the dlh or pp and can then ask for a rollaway free of charge. With the pack and play in the closet, you will be all set! We only have 4 but say 5 just to get the day bed :guilty: !

It works out great for us but someone else told me, so not too original! I just hate to fib though so I usually make DH wait with the luggage and the car while checking in. One day the cm asked me all the names of the people staying in the room and I almost died right then on the spot! Right in front of my 2 children, I had to make up a name for the "unknown baby"! It turned out the cm was just giving them gift bags and wanted to know how many boys and girls to give the proper bags!!

What is worse, we always get a rollaway too since they are free and each kid has their own bed. They always used to fight over the daybed so this works out really nice however I do leave extra tip for the maid having to make up so many beds-lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter