Am I missing anything??

c3h3a3r

c3h3a3r
We leave in 49 days - so excited 🤩🤩
Just finalising our last few dining reservations. Estas approved. Park days planned.

Am I missing anything?

16 days to go: print all paperwork
9 days to go: start packing (it'll be a miracle if I haven't already started by then!)
8 days to go: download lyft/uber, make accounts and add credit card
7 days Togo go: sign up to restaurants for discounts
5 days to go: hair highlighted
3 days to go: Disney nails
2 days to go: finalise packing
1 day to go: online check in/seats

Any advice appreciated 😊

We leave in 49 days - so excited 🤩🤩
Just finalising our last few dining reservations. Estas approved. Park days planned.

Am I missing anything?

16 days to go: print all paperwork
9 days to go: start packing (it'll be a miracle if I haven't already started by then!)
8 days to go: download lyft/uber, make accounts and add credit card
7 days Togo go: sign up to restaurants for discounts
5 days to go: hair highlighted
3 days to go: Disney nails
2 days to go: finalise packing
1 day to go: online check in/seats

Any advice appreciated 😊
If you are staying at WDW you can check in online.

I wish we were....unfortunately we are staying off site😥
If you are going to buy alcohol in the parks take a copy of your passport and have a copy on your mobile as well, plus your original driving licence. Some places will ask for two forms of ID.

I wish we were....unfortunately we are staying off site😥

Unfortunately? Maybe not...

I have stayed onsite for years and next time I'm seriously considering offsite. The benefits no longer match the cost I'm afraid. We stayed at Yacht Club and although the location is good, there are not many other benefits. Where are you staying?

Uber was AMAZING!, you won't be waiting any longer than 5 minutes (usually a couple).

Have a great time!!

Disney requires tipping. I always go to the bank and get some $5 or $10 bills. They aren't easy to get at ATMs in the states. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get some $5 from the bank if you ask. I've always been able to get a bunch of different Euro denominations.

I use them for the luggage and the housekeeping and the grocery delivery. Hotel maids in particular the US depend on tips, and my thinking is if I can afford to go to Disney, I can afford $20 for the maid. There are a couple other places you are supposed to tip, like Harmony and BBB and the spas and the airport bus drivers.

For alcohol, I would feel fine with a DL. I didn't get carded at all at Oga's or Epcot in multiple trips at all, but I have kids and maybe am looking so borderline 21 anymore. I got carded once at a beer booth at Epcot a year ago I think, so it is possible. Disney rules in general are two drinks per ID at a time. Grocery drop off will also card you for alcohol, passport works for that.

Id make sure your Uber/Lyft are set up before you get there. They're very easy to use in Orlando, but it isn't fun to try to set this up at an airport after a long flight.

Last edited:
I always go to the bank and get some $5 or $10 bills.
I just ask reception at the resort to break my bigger notes for tipping. Never been a problem.

I can afford $20 for the maid.
But not in one go. Tip daily (I usually leave a $2 (€2, ... ) as on the last day it may be a different maid*.

[ * I happened to meet 'my' maid near the end of my last Disney stay and had a chat. She said at one point "You remember me every day". Turned out she was off for a couple of days then, so if I'd just left a big tip on departure she'd have got nothing.]

But not in one go. Tip daily (I usually leave a $2 (€2, ... ) as on the last day it may be a different maid*.

[ * I happened to meet 'my' maid near the end of my last Disney stay and had a chat. She said at one point "You remember me every day". Turned out she was off for a couple of days then, so if I'd just left a big tip on departure she'd have got nothing.]
This isn't standard tipping protocol. I'm guessing you stay a really long time, so it's complicated. but I would leave $20 for a couple night stay, which is my norm. You don't have to do that for longer, but I would never leave $2/day. I'd leave $20 every few days, starting with the first night. Tipping anyone but a bartender $2 (per drink) is insulting. Even the luggage guy deserves $5. Sorry, I don't make the US rules, they are what they are.

And US hotel maids in particular is not a place I cheap out on tips. There's a famous book called Nickel and Dimed that explores this in particular. I never looked at it the same again. Liek many, I have not been able to shake this abroad, which is why many hotel staff are keen on Americans.

This isn't standard tipping protocol. I'm guessing you stay a really long time, so it's complicated. but I would leave $20 for a couple night stay, which is my norm. You don't have to do that for longer, but I would never leave $2/day. I'd leave $20 every few days, starting with the first night. Tipping anyone but a bartender $2 (per drink) is insulting. Even the luggage guy deserves $5. Sorry, I don't make the US rules, they are what they are.

And US hotel maids in particular is not a place I cheap out on tips. There's a famous book called Nickel and Dimed that explores this in particular. I never looked at it the same again. Liek many, I have not been able to shake this abroad, which is why many hotel staff are keen on Americans.
That’s interesting. I usually stay at WDW for 14 nights or more, and I always leave a cash tip for the cleaners everyday. I leave a few dollars on the bed and it is always taken. Do the cleaners at WDW pool tips?
In the U.K., Europe, Caribbean etc., I leave a tip when I check out, and rely on the hotel to share it with the cleaners.

I leave a few dollars on the bed and it is always taken.
As WDW are apparently only doing housekeeping every few days now (in the cheaper resorts at least) presumably it won't get taken every day. Do we get told which days they service the room?

I do the same daily process everywhere as there's no way to be sure how tips are distributed ... And there is also an element of self-interest - They have access to my stuff and I'd like them to be nice in my absence. It's a different relationship to a restaurant server or taxi driver for example.

Unfortunately? Maybe not...

I have stayed onsite for years and next time I'm seriously considering offsite. The benefits no longer match the cost I'm afraid. We stayed at Yacht Club and although the location is good, there are not many other benefits. Where are you staying?

Uber was AMAZING!, you won't be waiting any longer than 5 minutes (usually a couple).

Have a great time!!
We have never been able to afford to stay on site...

We are staying in Maingate, so close to the parks.

Great to hear about your experience with Uber.

Thank you :)

Disney requires tipping. I always go to the bank and get some $5 or $10 bills. They aren't easy to get at ATMs in the states. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get some $5 from the bank if you ask. I've always been able to get a bunch of different Euro denominations.

I use them for the luggage and the housekeeping and the grocery delivery. Hotel maids in particular the US depend on tips, and my thinking is if I can afford to go to Disney, I can afford $20 for the maid. There are a couple other places you are supposed to tip, like Harmony and BBB and the spas and the airport bus drivers.

For alcohol, I would feel fine with a DL. I didn't get carded at all at Oga's or Epcot in multiple trips at all, but I have kids and maybe am looking so borderline 21 anymore. I got carded once at a beer booth at Epcot a year ago I think, so it is possible. Disney rules in general are two drinks per ID at a time. Grocery drop off will also card you for alcohol, passport works for that.

Id make sure your Uber/Lyft are set up before you get there. They're very easy to use in Orlando, but it isn't fun to try to set this up at an airport after a long flight.
Thank you.

As WDW are apparently only doing housekeeping every few days now (in the cheaper resorts at least) presumably it won't get taken every day. Do we get told which days they service the room?

I do the same daily process everywhere as there's no way to be sure how tips are distributed ... And there is also an element of self-interest - They have access to my stuff and I'd like them to be nice in my absence. It's a different relationship to a restaurant server or taxi driver for example.
I like clean towels every day, I like coffee in my room in the morning and regular changes of bedding. I just telephone and request what I want and service people generally turn up within minutes. Rubbish I put outside the doors in a tied bag, and always return to a bin with a clean bag. I am quite particular about leaving the room tidy, sinks and surfaces free of clutter etc., just to make housekeeping’s job easier. I have never felt that the room has been neglected.

I leave a few dollars on the bed and it is always taken. Do the cleaners at WDW pool tips?
In the U.K., Europe, Caribbean etc., I leave a tip when I check out, and rely on the hotel to share it with the cleaners.
I guess you could leave a tip on your bill at the front desk designated to housekeeping. Who knows how the hotel decides to allocate this. This is regulated in US restaurants, like it often isn't allowed to go to the kitchen or to the managers. Even that varies by state. Tip pools are a union issue, and I'd guess we would have heard about them in all the WDW union discussions. Most WDW can't take tips at all, so this one is an exception.

The envelopes are used at some places, like salons and I've seen them for concierges and such. You could do that. And sometimes they have specific charges for tips, like for room service, that is very clear.

I've never heard of any kind of cleaner tip pool like this. To tip cleaners, I'd leave it in the room or put it directly in their hand. I can't imagine Disney would run any kind of tip pool, just too messy and asking for unions/lawyers to get upset.

If you want good service, leave the tip the first night.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter