Am I too Big for the rides?

SunshinesDad

Earning My Ears
I am guessing that because it is Disneyland that I shouldn't have a problem. Same as Knotts, Universal Studios, Magic Mountain and other big parks like this but I thought I would ask the question.

Back in 1985/86 I went to Disneyland several times as I was living in Orange County temporarily. I didn't have a problem with rides back then but as time goes by you know how things go as you get older and a little pudgier.

Anyway, I am 6'6" and weigh in the neiborhood of 315 (not sure as I have started swimming regularly and I have lost inches but I am not sure of weight). I have gone to local fairs, and the West Edmonton Mall ride park and have had problems with safety bars locking in because my legs are up too high and there wasn't enough room for my legs to stretch out.

Just wondering if I have to worry at Disneyland or California Adventure, or would I be able to go on pretty much any ride. I know that "It's a Small World", "Pirates of the Carribean", and such won't be an issue but others could be.

Thanks for any help!

A few rides on Knotts have height and weight restrictions...

but most disneyland rides shoould be fine as long as they get a green light on the safety mechinism...

I dont know if its true but you know on Space Mt, they stop you in front of a control tower thingy before they launch you in the tunnel... there is some rumors about at that point, they weight everyone... anyone hear about that?

Disneyland is failry good about seat size, much better than other parks. So you probably won't encounter too many problems. Here are some potential "issues" that come to mind, from previous trips with larger family members as both my mother and SIL haven't had any major issues in past. The only things that come to mind at DLR/DCA can be eaisly remidied....

-ask for your own seat on the Matterhorn (I'm not tiny either but when asked to share a car someone needs to pry us out with a crowbar),

-avoid the Orange Zinger as the swing has/had a weight limit ot 200lbs, and the seats aren't too wide (Avoid the swings at Knott's as they are not wide, I once had to exit after waiting in line because my rear and thighs are too large)

-Ask for the front/middle seat on Pooh as I think they are slightly roomier to get in and out of

-Also some of the rides have turnstyles, my mother has a difficult time passing through these (she's short and stalky). Politely ask a CM at City Hall what rides ahve them and the CM at the ride for advice what you should do if you have any difficulties passing through it.

King Triton said:
I'm tall too. The only ride that gave me trouble at Disneyland was SpaceMountain. pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Gave you trouble with legs or head? I think I remember whipping through space mountain and always wondering how close my head was coming to overhead bars. :confused3 :teeth:

My hubby is a big guy.. 6'2 and about 285. Leg room is his biggest complaint, but when we weny earlier this year, he didn't have any problems or complaints about not fitting.... We were unable to go on space mountain, but we hit every other major ride and had a fantastic time! I did have a complaint about riding with him on BTMR everytime we went around a corner or up and down quickly, I felt my rear come up off of the seat! :Pinkbounc The bar didn't come close to my tummy, so there was lots of sliding around going on with my side of the car... But I couldn't complain too loudly... Hubby had to hang on to me so I would stay put ;)

Have a great trip!

I didn't have enough leg room on Space Mountain. I had to cross my legs sitting down and barely made it. It's because the seats sit side by side. At Disneworld, it's a single and I have no problem there. Most of the rides will fit big and tall people.

Six Flags is without a doubt the worst place for big and tall. Never again will I go there.

I can tell you that Knotts is NOT plus size friendly at all. That is one to skip if you are over a size 20-22 womens size. Disneyland is fairly plus size friendly, but skip the astro orbitors for sure! Also the mullholland madness is another to skip. Other than leg room, you will be fine in the seats and seat belts.

I agree Knotts is bad if you are big , at 275 5'3 I could not fit in the dragon swing ride.................sooo embarassing! I never had a problem at DL , but I am short!

If you dont fit in a ride, you can always ask for a fastpass for another ride, im sure they be glad to give you one...

Another one you might have trouble with is Mulholland Madness in DCA. I'm only 5'9" with long legs and I have trouble getting in that one. The leg room is just too tight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter