• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I too late for any Mid-August discounts?

bartleby1

DIS Veteran
Hi all! We were planning on doing a "local" vacation to Hershey, PA and the Jersey shore this year, however, after pricing it out, it seems it is almost as expensive as going to Florida. So, I've been doing a ton of number crunching trying to figure out what to do. My littlest one will be only 9 months in august so I'm not sure if she can handle the drive down. I also have a 5 year old and 3 year old.

So, the cheapest park tickets I can find for my family works out to around $710 (2 adults, 2 kids). I'm hoping to find some kind of room only discount but haven't found any codes. I'd consider buying an AP to get a discount but I'm assuming that those are probably already booked up for August? We won't be there for the dining package deal so that doesn't help. Does anyone know of anything I can try?

Thanks for any suggestions you guys may have!

what are your august dates? if they are after the 20th, you could qualify for the free dining plan... also, because of the free dining plan, a lot of AP holders are skipping the AP discount and taking the free dining package, leaving more AP discounts available... it doesn't hurt to try! :flower:

Thanks to all of you for responding.

My dates are going to be Aug 7-13 so I won't qualify for the dining package.

However, I am going to call to see what kind of AP rates they have, if any. Thanks for letting me know that there is still a possibility of a discount. Do I need to give them some kind of code when I call, or just simply ask what the AP rates are? I've never done this before so I'm not sure what I am doing.

bartleby1 said:
Thanks to all of you for responding.

My dates are going to be Aug 7-13 so I won't qualify for the dining package.

However, I am going to call to see what kind of AP rates they have, if any. Thanks for letting me know that there is still a possibility of a discount. Do I need to give them some kind of code when I call, or just simply ask what the AP rates are? I've never done this before so I'm not sure what I am doing.

Ask for AP code EXE. Remember, you only need one AP to get the room discount. Depending on where you are staying it may pay for itself! Also, you only need the voucher when checking in....then activate it later at the park of your choice.

Thanks again to all for your help.

Boylovesbuzz - we are still weighing our options and number crunching trying to figure out what is the best way to go so I haven't called yet. I have had one heck of a week trying to determine where we are going, where we are staying, for how long we are staying, and even who we are going with. Ugh. My head is spinning. I'll post if I find out more. We do have AAA so depending on how many nights we are going for and which hotel we are staying in, we may just use the AAA discount. If only DH had a clue how much planning goes into these trips... :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter