• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazing - $20.01 per night at Courtyard in Downtown Disney!

I was about 90% satisfied. That's pretty good with my fussy standards. We did have to be moved a few times because of non working a/c (95 degrees outside!). My fav rooms were in the wing (3rd floor I believe). They had a sink outside the b-room if I remember right which made it easier for more people to get ready quicker and also had a shelf above the clothing rod that was open so we could put the suitcases up there. The tower rooms didn't and we had to set them on the floor. I was a lot happier after we moved to the wing room.

I am not sure about the rate for 10/1 - 10/3.

We have 3 adults and 1 child going and there was no extra charge for the extra adult. The rate is for up to 5 people, but I think one person would have to be an infant, because of the bed space.

Just spoke with reservation at Marriott and for some of these dates the $20.01 rate is running low. They were still open for 2 of the 4 nights I wanted and they gave me a rate of $59. + tax for the two other nights and $89 for subsequent nights. Have to be quick on the dial.

I also booked the $20/night at Courtyard! The dates were perfect. We're doing the $89 for one night, and the cheap rate the rest.

I got a cheap flight by watching Delta's website for a few weeks, and then booking directly online. It saved me about $35/person by booking online. I was able to get a direct flight at perfect times for me and my daughter for $150 ea.

It can be done! Thanks, Mary!!!

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

The ice is free, it is located on odd # floors. We were on the second floor, so it was a little pain-i would send my DH with the kids.The kids used it as an excuse to ride the glass elevator-they would go to the 11th floor for ice, they loved it!!!

We were only there for 4 nights-so I didn't use the laundry.

I didn't eat in the restaurant, we walked in and looked around(it looked nice) but ended up eating in the parks.
My husband would get coffee at the snack bar in the lobby. They had cereal and milk ($2) muffins($2) coffee?etc... They are only open in the morning till 11. They had tables you could sit at.

When we checked in we asked for a room facing DD in the tower. She gave us a room in the tower but on a lower floor(2nd) but overlooking the pool with a balcony. It was wonderful!! I was the first one up in the morning and I would walk outside on the balcony every morning. It was so nice!!

The hotel has very clean and the people were friendly.

:) So excited. We are taking our 6 year old grandaughter to Disney July 30. First we booked Marriot, then changed to Disney All Star Music. Havent been to Disney since 1987!!
Was told that because of her age and the heat (which I hate) we are better off staying in the park.

Please, all advice is greatly appreciated. Also, check airline prices, any ideas?? What about hoppers?? I was thinking 4 days is more than enough.
Thanks

Check out deals through Southwest Airlines. I heard something about a deal around $100 from seattle.

Sharonga,
Welcome to the DIS!! We want you to get all your questions anwered so you can have a great trip with your granddaughter. You will find that you will get those questions answered if you start your own threads instead of tacking your questions onto someone else's thread. Also, make sure that you break up your questions into managable bites and post them on the correct boards. (Transportation, resorts, ect.) Good luck to you!:D

I waited too long to call!! I checked for the three Sun to Wed stretches in Aug. and they only had availability on three of those days total and would only offer me $99. on the other days for any week I picked. Someone said this used to be a Howard Johnsons and someone else said an original Marrott. Does anyone know for sure because we stayed in some awful HoJo's. Congrats to all that got the great deal and keep those cheap deals coming!!

When we asked at booking the receptionist said that this is the same building that used to be Howard Johnson's. As I said we stayed there on our Honeymoon, and found it to be a very nice hotel. Of course, being a honeymoom, we weren't too focused on the details at the time. I think at the time it was billed as the 'flagship' of the HOJO's chain. Whomever took the reservation could have been mistaken, but the picture on the Mariott web site matches how I remember the hotel. I have no concernes about staying there again. It's got a 14 story atrium that is pretty nice, with glass elevators and everything. Nice, if somewhat plain pool and jacuzzi. I remember quite distinctly because we stayed on the 14th floor, and one morning, after going to King Henry's Feast and partakeing of too much complimentary ale, we had a fire drill. Walking down 14 flights of steps with a hangover is a very memorable experience! Probably the worst part of our stay there, and even then we found it to be pretty funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter