• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazon Gift Card Question

dakotix

DIS Dad #852 from Central Massachusetts
We got some Amazon Gift cards for Christmas and I'd like to use them to buy gift cards for our upcoming trip in April. The problem is you can't buy disney gift cards or mc/visa cards with Amazon gift cards. We were able to buy a gift card to rainforest Cafe which will work buy is there any other gift cards anyone can think of that I can buy?

Why not just load the Amazon gift cards into your Amazon account and purchase regular, everyday stuff out of there over time? Then use that same amount to purchase Disney gift cards from wherever you can get the best deal on them? (Sam's at a discount, Target RedCard with 5% off, at Kroger for fuel points, etc.) That way the dollar amount is a wash. You are accomplishing the same thing in the end. Enjoy your trip!

Many merchants won't let you use one gift card to buy another due to theft and money laundering concerns. Amazon sells so many items, I would use that gift card to buy household or yard items you need and just purchase the Disney gift cards separately. That would involve the least amount of hassle in trying to figure out what you can/cannot buy with your gift card.

That's a great idea I didn't even think of that. Thanks!

Why not just load the Amazon gift cards into your Amazon account and purchase regular, everyday stuff out of there over time? Then use that same amount to purchase Disney gift cards from wherever you can get the best deal on them? (Sam's at a discount, Target RedCard with 5% off, at Kroger for fuel points, etc.) That way the dollar amount is a wash. You are accomplishing the same thing in the end. Enjoy your trip!
This makes perfect sense: Use the Amazon card for things you'd usually buy anyway -- toilet paper, canned beans -- and save that money towards Disney.

Alternately, use the Amazon cards for things you're going to buy for your trip: sunscreen, sandals for the kids, snacks for the road.

Buy Whole Foods gc's with the Amazon gc's, then use them on the Ibotta app free after rebate / rebate items. Cash out into Paypal or gc's. I've discovered some really tasty new foods and other products this way! The better rebates seem to occur every 3-5 weeks, so a monthly visit to Whole Foods is a justifiable treat. They are rarely busy during the early hours.

Since the pandemic, I have developed a Subscribe and Save, 5 or more items list on Amazon, purchased every 3-4 months. If the specific size/variety is no longer the best value, I've been able to change it before shipping.
If you have a pet, canned foods are becoming harder to find, but Amazon has had some great low prices on one or two varieties at a time. One of my cats has to have a rotating food schedule of certain varieties and Amazon will have stock when the store does not AND on 20-30% off. But only on a few, so click on each variety.

hth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter