• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amazon Poncho Suggestions ??

TinkAgainU

Trust In The Pixie Dust
We are expecting rain for our Christmas theme park trip, we have expensive ponchos (a pain to carry as they are heavy) and the dollar store ones (which I assume will blow up around our waists and soak us, if they don't tear) ... does anyone has a go-to for inexpensive ponchos that fall between those two (so we're not traumatised if we need to toss them for the flight home)? Thanks!

A few years ago I bought ponchos from 5 Below. They had the single use ones for around $1.25 and some decent ones for around $5.00 The $5 ponchos came with a case with a drawstring. I still use them

Edited to add still $5

Attachments

• 1309327-00_A.jpg
    1309327-00_A.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 9
I got this one on Black Friday. It was half the price it is now, but still isn’t crazy priced.
I haven’t used it in rain but it folds up small (i can fit it easily in my loungefly) and seems to have good coverage.

SaphiRose Hooded Rain Poncho Waterproof Raincoat Jacket for Men Women Adults https://a.co/d/i6LzFVm

Here are my finalists so far in case others are looking. Please continue to make suggestions, they are super helpful to those of us who want to go to the parks (even) in the rain !!

The $1 ($1.25) Dollar Store ones are fine for a true emergency due to light weight - one time wear. Blow around a bit and might tear if you sit wrong.

This 2 for $10 ($5.00 each) was a huge upgrade - I can see wearing them easily multiple days. Listed as a poncho, but these have buttons, so actually a rain jacket. No pocket access but the buttons allow to open it for wearing walking around. Large enough I could wear a coat under it - but not a backpack. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09KTW7SWZ?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1&psc=1

The 1 for $24 SaphiRose Hooded Rain Poncho is excellent quality, a little heavier to carry but worth it for walking around. Has a nice pocket to hold my phone and could put a backpack on under it. Easy to don in a hurry. Downside for me was they only come in non-see-thru colors which meant with the hood up I basically could not see anything around me at all - not a fun way to walk around the park. With a baseball cap under the hood it might have worked better, but at some point I cannot carry more "stuff." Bonus though, one color option is black and white dot pattern if you want to look Very Disney lol. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075WTPCQ5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

I also have an amazing REI raincoat for around $130 - on sale for $80 now that I waited too long to return it lol - but that one also had the issue of being solid color and no way to "see" around me with the hood on. It has pockets, a hood that is actually warm, but jacket is a little shorter in length, and you could not wear a backback under it like a poncho allows. Love this for everyday wear, jury is still out about packing it to the park. https://www.rei.com/product/164446/rei-co-op-rainier-long-line-rain-jacket-womens?sku=1644460003&store=273&CAWELAID=120217890009930123&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=113169194098&CATCI=pla-297207402159&cm_mmc=PLA_Google|21700000001700551_1644460003|92700058208514324|BA|71700000074727333&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgZDp8ev2ggMVgiN7Bx3mhgVTEAQYAiABEgIntPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

None of these are monetized links - just included them to be helpful.

Last edited:
If you have a Daiso around you they have some pretty solid ones for cheap. Definitely an upgrade on the dollar store ones.

The 1 for $24 SaphiRose Hooded Rain Poncho is excellent quality, a little heavier to carry but worth it for walking around. Has a nice pocket to hold my phone and could put a backpack on under it. Easy to don in a hurry. Downside for me was they only come in non-see-thru colors which meant with the hood up I basically could not see anything around me at all - not a fun way to walk around the park. With a baseball cap under the hood it might have worked better, but at some point I cannot carry more "stuff." Bonus though, one color option is black and white dot pattern if you want to look Very Disney lol. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075WTPCQ5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1
I absolutely LOVE my SaphiRose. I love that it has a zipper (so much easier to get on and off) and the pocket, and that they have cute designs so we don't blend in with the crowd, and still look fun in pics.

I do always wear a baseball hat in the rain (to keep the water off my glasses) but it may also have helped with visibility.

I think I would like some of the cheap one wear versions. But buy several of them.

I think I would like some of the cheap one wear versions. But buy several of them.
That has worked well for us. We have been pretty lucky but have had to use them a couple times. Wear them for an hour or two, dispose.

I just saw on Instagram a poncho designed to accommodate Mickey ears! It's a great idea and had good reviews. I considered ordering one, even though I can only wear ears for about 30 minutes before I get a headache. But, shipping was $8.25 and I'm not paying that to ship a poncho when Amazon will do it for free. The name of the company is PonchEars if you want to check it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter