amex insurance

sparkles

Earning My Ears
I was just wondering if anybody has had to make a claim when using their american express card north american car insurance policy instead of Dollars own. Were there any problems?
Also has anyone had any problems with the Dollar desk when picking their car up in relation to this policy as well.
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks
:Pinkbounc

I had an Amex Insurance policy a couple of years ago.

Once I managed to get Alamo to acknowledge I had suitable insurance (Amex provided a card with a number to call if there was any problems with the rental agency accepting the policy) everything was fine.

Fortunately, I didn't have to make a claim.

Thanks for the information GO2209. I have heard that Dollar can be a real pain at trying to up grade your car rental etc, so who knows what they will make of this.

sparkles:earseek:

I've used the Amex policy for a number of years. Dollar do not give you the 'hard sell' if you decline their insurance when you collect the car. They do, like most rental companies, try to get you to upgrade your car, but I've never been hassled when I said I was declining their insurance.

Regards

Rob

Thanks Rob for that, one query though did you take a copy of the policy with you to show them?

sparkles:p

Dollar have never shown any interest in the policy details. I have simply said that I am declining their policy and they have said "OK".

Having said that, I do take the policy details with me just in case I need details of the coverage while I am on holiday. So far, touch wood, I've not had to refer to the booklet that Amex provide.

Regards

Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter