AmyM's Quest for a Better Bikini Body!

Amy come home and journal, I miss you! Hope the trip was (is) fun and that you got lots of time to relax and have fun!

I'm sorry for being MIA, I have been so swamped I have no time to do anything. Trip went awesome other than the fact that I was on a 2-day binge... :sad: My weight on Fri was 138, I can guarantee it's WAY more than that now! I was right on track yesterday and so far today I've resisted cinnamon rolls and brownies!!! :thumbsup2 I have 2 more days of all-day meetings, which means more snacks to avoid, but I don't want to see my weight get back into the 140's when I weigh in on Fri, so I have to behave...

I'll check in when I can, but this week will be sporadic at best!

Amy, welcome home, we missed you around here! Don't worry, anything you gained will come off very quickly, probably by Friday you'll at least be at 138 again. The important thing is that you had fun! I hope you meetings go well, keep on resisting those treats, you can do it!

Sending you some :wizard: for your busy week. I hope it goes by quickly for you and that you have a relaxing weekend.:goodvibes

WORKOUT: Treadmill (4.8mph for 40min)

TOTALS: 1246cal, 46g fat, 110g carb, 105g protein, 21g fiber

WEIGHT: 137!!!!! :cool1: :banana: :yay: :cheer2: :woohoo:

B: Egg Beaters; Fiber Cake
S: 1/2 Cinnamon Walnut Strudel :cloud9: ; 1/4 Chocolate Chip Pastry :cloud9:
L: Spinach Salad
D: Orange Glazed Chicken; Peas-n-Carrots; SF Pudding

I couldn't believe my eyes this morning!!!! I was seriously shocked, I thought I did some major damage with last weekend's bender coupled with not working out for a whole week. But I'll take the loss!!! According to FitDay I need to lose .742lbs per week to get to my goal of 125 before we go to MI on July 1st. Hopefully I'll at least get close!

I was impressed with myself this week, I managed to avoid the goodies on Tue and Wed, but slipped on Thu... BUT, I put the stuff in FitDay and skipped my snack and my lunchtime soy crisps so I was still in a decent range with my calories. :thumbsup2 Most of the week I was less than 1200 (around 1100). I wonder if that is the key to success for me...

My busy week is over and I survived! Next week will go by fast, still plan to leave for Germany on Tuesday, unless it gets cancelled last minute again. I certainly hope not! I should be able to catch up with everyone at lunchtime today, since I will actually GET a lunchtime today!! :goodvibes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy and Tracy, thanks for keeping me from slipping to page 2!!

Weigh to go, Amy!:thumbsup2 You are getting so close to your goal.... Keep up the good work! I know you CAN do it!:cheer2:

WORKOUT: None (had to take DS to his teacher-student laser tag game)

TOTALS: 1455cal, 53g fat, 164g carb, 80g protein, 30g fiber

B: Egg Beaters; Fiber Cake
L: Egg Salad (1 egg, 1 egg white, celery, 2tbsp FF mayo, mustard) on 2 Wasa crispbreads; White Cheddar Soy Crisps
S: String Cheese; Pear
S#2: 2 Egg Whites; Celery w/LF Laughing Cow
D: In-n-Out Single Burger (mustard only, no bun); Fries (maybe 1/2 serving); Baskin Robbins Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream (single scoop, no cone)

Of course dinner could have been better, but if I would have avoided the fries, I could have saved 200 calories and been right on target. But I was completely in control, made smart choices and have no regrets. :thumbsup2

I am supposed to be headed off to Muscle class in a few minutes, but I may not go. The kids go to their dad's tomorrow and will be there all week and I'd rather spend this weekend with them. I know I'm probably losing muscle since I haven't done any weight training in almost 2 weeks. But I know I'll get back into it after the Germany trip, so I'm not too worried about it. So I'll have to start back up slowly, who cares, it's not like I am going to be entering a body-building competition or anything! I just want to be toned, not muscular... I do plan on going on Mon and Tue for sure (cardio only), then I won't be able to go until next Sunday when I get back.

We are going to see Eric Clapton tomorrow and are meeting our friends for Happy Hour at Outback. I already put my stuff into FitDay (with 4 martinis of course!!). Today I am actually going to have to think of more things to eat, I only have 961 calories planned so far. That's a first!!! I love my egg salad, which is very low in calories, yet very filling.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tracy, I will be so stinking happy when I finally get back under 130. It's been 4 years! I still have a long way to go, since I lose weight at a snail's pace, but hopefully it's going to happen eventually!

Tracey, thanks! If I can lose a pound after the horrible weekend I had (I was stuffing myself to the point of being in pain - why do I do that?? :confused3 ) then I can certainly make some progress when I behave, right??

Hi Amy
hope you enjoyed the concert... & the martinis ;)
I wish i had your problem - trying to find more to eat!!!
Have a safe & fun trip to Germany :)

Hey Amy!
Congrats on the 137!!!
Hope you had a great weekend!!
How was the concert??

marie

Oh wow, lucky you going to Eric Clapton, hope it was fun! That is so great you lost a pound! And your in and out dinner was pretty darn good. Sometimes fast food is going to happen so its great you made good choices and did so well. When do you leave for Germany? Keep up your great work, you can totally make that goal, I know you will do it!

Geez, I've been really bad about posting lately! I've been doing decent, not great the last couple days. I leave for Germany this evening, and I usually don't have too many problems behaving, mainly because I am not surrounded by snacks and don't want to look like a pig by eating too much around other people... As long as I lay off the desserts (love that apple strudel!) I should be able to maintain. I won't let it get out of control, I really am motivated to stay out of those 140's for good!

Poor DH will be all by himself until I get back (kids are at their dad's). We stocked up on frozen taquitos, etc, since I know he won't cook. It was weird going to the grocery store and not buying any fruit or veggies. Why bother, he won't eat them!

I may be able to check in while I'm gone, but if not I'll be sure to catch up when I get back!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tracy, I did great at Outback - I had a coupon for a free sampler appetizer and from that I had a grilled chicken breast, beef medallion, 1 coconut shrimp and about 1/4c of wild rice. No bread, no "bad" things (except 4 martinis!!)

Tracey, I think I ended up getting into the trail mix on Sat, so I was well over my allotted calories after all!

Marie, the concert was not my cup of tea. It's just not my style of music. DH plays the guitar and drums so he was in heaven. I only recognized 2 songs... :confused3 Each song lasted 10-15 minutes (or so it seemed) and after the first 2, they all sounded the same to me! I know, I didn't deserve to go, but DH and I have COMPLETELY different tastes in music. He is Mr. 60's & 70's Rock Guy and I love 80's music. I told him I am taking him to a Duran Duran concert after the Neil Young "rock opera" he dragged me to a couple years ago...

Amy, I am not a huge burger fan, so it wasn't hard to behave. I couldn't believe my DD actually scarfed down her burger before DH or I were done! Usually she is still eating 15 minutes after the rest of the family is finished! I know I will make my goal eventually, and I am really in no hurry. I'm in a happy place now, but that is all subject to change at any time!! :crazy:

Hi Amy
I saw Duran Duran in concert...in the 80's!! Boy i feel old!!!
Have a great time in Germany, you cant go & not have at least a small piece of apple strudel ;)

Hi Amy, must be in the air for Amy's, I am in a happy place now too! I have a long, long way to go but am back to feeling like I will do it and not stressing so much about the whole process in general. Your attitude of confidence regarding this trip is awesome. you aren't stressing because you know you can and will do it! Hope you have a great trip in Germany, and that your dh doens't get too lonesome! I didn't know you had In n Out Burgers in AZ., my dh loves those to death and cannot wait until we get to CA in June to have one!

Hi Amy, you are in Germany, hope its going well! Hope Buckley and your dh aren't too lonely! And speaking of beagles, Daisy chewed a hole in our carpet, first time she has done anything like that, I was ready to kill her! We start puppy training this weekend, not a moment too soon! Have a great trip and hurry back, we miss you!

Hi Amy,

I have been meaning to get to your journal and well things have been totally crazy with work and other things. Sorry for that,

Congrats on the 137!!! That is great news!!! You're doing a great job with your eating and I know you will be able to stay out of the 140's!!

Hope you are enjoying Germany!!!

Have a great day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter