Amy's Journal: Comments Welcome!

Your dog sounds adorable! If we do get one, we will most likely get a beagle. We travel a lot and we both work FT and I don't know if it'd be fair to a dog. Thanks for the info!!

I'm glad to hear they finally found out what was plaguing your stepfather. I used to love the Blackeyed Pea, they have tons of yummy veggies! They closed down the restaurant here, so I can't go anymore :sad2:

I hope you get back on track soon, hang in there!

Hi Amy,

sorry I ddin't get to your journal sooner, things have been crazy. Glad to hear that everything is working out with your family. That is always tough.

Also congrats on the weight loss. That is great!

Keep up the good work!

Well yesterday wasn't too bad. I ended up with slim fast for breakfast, a wrap veggie/chicken sandwich for lunch, and Del Taco for dinner (1/2 chick burrito, 1/2 beef burrito and some rice), one Coors Light and 4 chips ahoy cookies. I think my points total for yesterday was around 32. So I used 4 of my flex points. Then spent the whole evening up with my sick daughter. All I could think was too bad I'm not the one barfing, maybe that would earn me my flex points back! Today I have had nothing, for some reason all that illness all night has made me lose my appetite! Really needing to get back on track with my exercise. I have to feel somewhat proud because this was a really stressful week and I usually just end up stuffing my face when I have weeks like this. I could have done better but I could have done so much worse too! Thanks for all the support and hope everybody has a great weekend!

Amy

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get here, but WELCOME!!! Best of luck to you on your journey and congrats on having the will to keep trying!

I'm sorry to hear your DD is sick. Sending :wizard: for her to get better soon!

Ahh, the joys of parenhood. My DS9 used to be quite the barfer. I can't even remember the last time DD6 was sick (knocking on wood here!). Isn't it amazing that they can never seem to get to the bathroom in time? And if they do, they don't seem to make it to the toilet... :confused3 Hope she is feeling better. Stay on track!

Hi! Hope things are going well and your family is healthy soon!
Like your approach to treats for the kids. It's really hard to stay on track when you're under stress. Keep up the good work!

Well, this has been a stressful mess since Sunday when my stepdad called and said he had no vision in his left eye. Rushed him to the ER AGAIN where he was finally diagnosed with a condition called temporal arteritis. Too late to save his sight in the left eye but the right eye seems okay. I have been running him and my mom to doctor's appointments all day yesterday and today. We have been eating out a lot and I have been holding my own but can't even remember what I have eaten enough to journal properly. Tomorrow my sister is driving in to help out and Friday they are flying to Chicago for a week. Doctor says he's fine to fly but this may end his driving which means I am now the designated driver for two, elderly, sick people who love to eat out all the time! I have been drinking my water big time but haven't exercised in over a week. I am just thankful they know what's wrong with him at last and wish they would have figured this out sooner before he went blind in one eye. Oh well, could have, should have. Tomorrow I am home doing laundry and Thursday I hope to go to Weight Watchers before I take my mother in for all of her dr's. appointments. I feel like I have four kids now instead of two. Got really depressed last night and dug into the leftover birthday cake from daughter's weekend party. I need to go throw the rest of it out right now before I have another meltdown! Thanks for all the support, I am anxious to get back on track!

You are just SUPERWOMAN!! You really have a lot piled on your plate, but what a wonderful person you are to accept the challenge!! Not many people want to take care of their parents, but after all they have done for us, how could you not? You are a very strong person, and you have my admiration and respect. It may be hard sometimes, but you just have to hang in there. It will all be worth it in the end!! :flower:

Hang in there! :grouphug: Hopefully things will calm down soon and you will fall into a regular routine that includes taking care of your parents. Remember to schedule some "you" time in the mix!

Well my stepdad got the okay to travel so they are leaving tomorrow for Chicago so I get a much needed break! Ate out AGAIN in between appointments with them today. Mexican food, so hard to do well for me in a mex restaurant. I also had a pepsi and a dr. pepper today. I have a killer migraine probably from stress and the caffeine and sugar for some reason help. I also had a roll with butter, some chips and salsa, a beef burrito (no cheese) some rice and a slim fast. Again, could have done better, could have done worse. Now we leave for Disneyland on Wednesday for six days of Disney eats complete with Mickey bars, character meals/buffets and God knows what else. I feel like I can never time starting a diet quite right! But I weighed today and according to the scale am the same so I haven't gained any of my 4 pounds back. Thanks for all the support, sorry I haven't gotten to anyone else's journals! Karyn, I feel more like crazy woman instead of Superwoman, thanks for the kind words! Funny how the best support I am getting right now is from a bunch of wonderful ladies I have never met!

:wave2:

Welcome first of all.

Second - I'm sorry to hear about all of your stresses that you have been having with your stepdad and sorry about his sight. Glad he got the okay to travel so you could get a break and hope that you have a great vacation. Some of the stress may have helped your metabolism a bit so you didn't gain - that happens to me when I am massively stressed out. Hang in there and :hug: :hug:

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

Well we had a great trip in Disneyland this past week. I ate pretty much what I wanted in small portions and other than a couple of cocktails only drank ice tea and water the rest of the time. Not drinking regular coke was a big achievement for me! I tried to load up on salads and share meals with my husband. I still overate but nothing like previous vacations. All the walking of course helped. I got on the scale today and am up around 2-3 pounds. I still feel really bloated, probably from the plane and the impending monthly challenge. I guess I have mostly gained back most of my 4.5 pounds I lost on ww. I am basically just starting over now. Still a lot of stress surrounding the issues with both my mom and stepdad but I am getting a better grip on it. Just looking forward to staring anew over the weekend and on Monday. DH is travelling for business the next two weeks and while I will miss him, I tend to do better when he isn't around. Nobody to make junk and fastfood runs for me! Ate Mexican food tonight and two beers, really a diet disaster. Going grocery shopping tomorrow and loading up on healthy eats.

Hi amy!!!!

Welcome back.Glad to hear that you had a good time. We are trying to go to DL this December.....I hope it happens. We will see though.

Keep up the good work and I hope you had a great weekend

Hi there amy!
*super hugs* Don't get too stressed out, I'm sure things will look up soon. I'm so sorry to hear about your stepdad.

don't get discouraged, you loss those pounds once, and you'll do it again!
Stay strong.

Don't beat yourself up about your vacation weight gain. That is to be expected - vacations are for enjoying! You didn't gain that much weight, and it will probably come off the first couple days you are back on track.

You can do it!!!! :flower:

Well, I cannot believe it has been almost 7 months since I posted. The stress of dealing with my two aging parents and especially my mom's Alzheimers just drove me away from being healthy. The fall was just a nightmare. With three Disney trips (September to DL, October and January to WDW, I love AP's and ff miles), family stress and the holidays I did nothing but eat from late September until New Years Day. A couple of weeks later I joined WW AGAIN and have now taken off 16 pounds since mid January. It has been discouraging to have it take so long but I feel so much more in control than I have in several years. I just saw a posting from a fellow disboarder named SnackyStacky who lost 168 pounds and it motivated me to come back to WISH. I have been reading and lurking on the board but have been too embarrassed to post! Hope you can all take me back, it took me awhile to dig up my old postings! I am off to walk and will check back later.

Hi there Amy,

Glad to have you back! So sorry to hear of all the troubles that you are having with family...that is no fun! keep your head up, it will get better.

Congrats on losing the 16 pounds...That is awesome!!!!

Keep up the great work!!!!

eeyore25 said:
Hi there Amy,

Glad to have you back! So sorry to hear of all the troubles that you are having with family...that is no fun! keep your head up, it will get better.

Congrats on losing the 16 pounds...That is awesome!!!!

Keep up the great work!!!!

Thanks for reading my journal! You were the last entry back in September and the first one to post back seven months later! And I am proud of my 16 pounds. It has been a challenge not to think of it in terms of how much still left to lose but its hard! With a minimum of 75 lbs. to go, its difficult not to get overwhelmed by the total number. In any case I held a baby Fri. nite and the mom told me she weighed about 17 pounds. She was heavy and I realized that was about how much weight I have lost. Suddenly my 16 pound weight loss was nothing to sneeze at.

I had a pretty solid weekend. Managed to stay on track and exercised both Sat. and Sun. Friday night was hard. I had spent the whole day with my mom and ended up eating Chick Fil A in the car with her for lunch. I hate eating in my car. It feels deviant, like what I am doing is so over the top I can't do it in public. But my mom does not much enjoy restaurants anymore. I almost always overeat when I am with her. Old habits plus the stress of being with her, or whats left of her, I guess. Then I went to my first Alzheimers Caregivers Support Group on Friday night. That was great, but the refreshments were smokehouse almonds and mixed nuts. Of course we all chowed down, due to the stress in our lives and I was no exception. I then came home and had some baked lays. I think my sodium intake was probably off the charts! I did manage to drink 100 oz of water that day. But I started back anew on Saturday, did pretty well even when we went out for Mexican. Did my new thing at a Mexican restaurant. Ordered two soft tacos and ate the insides only. I also ate too many chips and salsa, more salt again! But I was under on my WW points for the day and literally only had water and a tangerine for dinner.

Now its Monday, and I am glad since weekends are so hard! I grilled extra chicken breasts on the grill yesterday and cleaned and chopped a huge head of green leaf lettuce. So I can have a grilled chicken salad for lunch. We'll see how today goes, I feel great so that might help matters!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter