An Alphabetical, (Flower and) Garden Variety TR- V is for: Vida la Tucson! TR COMPLETE! (3/14)

Im' not familiar with this story and I'm afraid to ask...sounds painful. :sad:

I was going to direct you to the TR where the story takes place, but I realized that the photo hosting option I chose while photobucket lost its mind is no longer supported by the DIS, so all my pictures are gone.

Here's the story, but the pictures of the splinter are missing. Based on my reader's comments it was a pretty big splinter. It was over four years ago so I've moved on.

Our destination was Jellyrolls. The last time we were there could easily have been 10 years ago. As we were walking out of the park, illuminations was just beginning. We made it out before they actually dimmed the lights so that was a plus. We walked along the Boardwalk towards our destination.

zFC170305PM15.jpg

zFC170305PM16.jpg

We were almost all the way to Jellyrolls when all of a sudden, whoop! And boom. Next thing I know I'm down on the floor. But at least I saved the camera, lens and filter. About 10 people came running to my aid, and when I stood up, I noticed my left hand was bleeding in two places. One of the folks who came running was a CM and I assured them all that I was OK, and was more concerned about the camera than my own safety.

There was a stupid board that was sticking up about half an inch and I tripped over it. I really need to be careful where I walk because that is happening to me more and more often. Luckily I haven't fallen, but just barely! I'm getting old enough that soon it could be serious!

Fran asked if I still wanted to go to the bar, and at this point I was like, “He11 yeah! I need a drink more than ever now!” The CM had got me a paper towel and I was feeling particularly needy and asked if he could get me one with water on it. And he did! He also got me a couple of band aids.

The place was already packed and we had a bit of a quandary finding seats, but we got two on the far side of the room, near the bar and the restrooms. In fact I think we sat in this area last time we were here.

I went into the restroom to rinse my hands off and see them in the light. I could clearly see a tiny splinter in one of the cuts. I took a wad of paper towels and got them wet and then got a bunch of dry towels and just held the wet ball of towels most of the night hoping to moisten the skin and get the splinter to come out easily.

I wanted a REAL drink now and not just a glass of wine. I asked Fran to get me my Gibson and when she finally came back it seemed the bartender misheard her and gave me a Gimlet instead. Blech! But I didn't want to wait forever again so I drank it anyways. It was pretty strong and at that point that was what counted.

While she was at the bar, the pianists were playing Sweet Caroline. The crowd was singing along, and as typical of live performances, performers would stop playing occasionally and let audience take it. On the chorus, where the lyrics begin “Sweet Caroline…” the audience sang the “oh, oh, oh” while pianos cut out. I thought to myself, I haven't drank enough yet to get in on this party.

zFC170305PM17.jpg

The first time Fran and I came here was nearly 20 years ago. It was a great blast from my past, they sang tons of songs from the 60s and 70s and I'm pretty sure I knew them all. The last time we came there were some songs that I didn't know and I realized that being an “all request” kind of place that as the audience gets younger, the songs would be less and less known to me. I wasn't sure what to expect on this night.

zFC170305PM18.jpg

zFC170305PM19.jpg

While there were a few songs I didn't know, they played a wide range of tunes. Another one I recognized was the Guns and Roses ballad November Rain, although I had to go to lyrics.com to find out the name since I'd only heard it on the radio.

They did some songs from Jersey Boys, and while they were switching performers, they said that the requests were all over the map. The new guys read their “top 3” strange requests and the crowd applauded for each one.

Defying Gravity won.

Copacabana made the list when someone requested a Barry Manilow tune. There were others but either I didn't know them or just forgot. I had a glass of wine, I think just one, but maybe a second. By the time they played Bohemian Rhapsody, the audience sang the whole song (sometimes with sometimes without our performers), and I was right along with them, belting out the lyrics.

After that I was good and could go home on that note, but Fran had to close out our tab, while they played another song I didn't know. They finished up with Come Sail Away, and I was definitely good to go. I'd had my fill of Jr. High/HS era nostalgia.

Back in the room was another story. We tried to get the darned splinter out I'd my hand.

zFC170305PM20.jpg

I screamed when Fran rubbed the alcohol swab over the cut, which I'm sure the rooms near us appreciated at 10:30PM. At least she could have warned me! After a bit of digging with a needle and me gulping down the wine I had bought the night before, I gave up on the splinter. We stuck a band-aid on it and I went to bed.

I was going to direct you to the TR where the story takes place, but I realized that the photo hosting option I chose while photobucket lost its mind is no longer supported by the DIS, so all my pictures are gone.

Here's the story, but the pictures of the splinter are missing. Based on my reader's comments it was a pretty big splinter. It was over four years ago so I've moved on.

Our destination was Jellyrolls. The last time we were there could easily have been 10 years ago. As we were walking out of the park, illuminations was just beginning. We made it out before they actually dimmed the lights so that was a plus. We walked along the Boardwalk towards our destination.

zFC170305PM15.jpg

zFC170305PM16.jpg

We were almost all the way to Jellyrolls when all of a sudden, whoop! And boom. Next thing I know I'm down on the floor. But at least I saved the camera, lens and filter. About 10 people came running to my aid, and when I stood up, I noticed my left hand was bleeding in two places. One of the folks who came running was a CM and I assured them all that I was OK, and was more concerned about the camera than my own safety.

There was a stupid board that was sticking up about half an inch and I tripped over it. I really need to be careful where I walk because that is happening to me more and more often. Luckily I haven't fallen, but just barely! I'm getting old enough that soon it could be serious!

Fran asked if I still wanted to go to the bar, and at this point I was like, “He11 yeah! I need a drink more than ever now!” The CM had got me a paper towel and I was feeling particularly needy and asked if he could get me one with water on it. And he did! He also got me a couple of band aids.

The place was already packed and we had a bit of a quandary finding seats, but we got two on the far side of the room, near the bar and the restrooms. In fact I think we sat in this area last time we were here.

I went into the restroom to rinse my hands off and see them in the light. I could clearly see a tiny splinter in one of the cuts. I took a wad of paper towels and got them wet and then got a bunch of dry towels and just held the wet ball of towels most of the night hoping to moisten the skin and get the splinter to come out easily.

I wanted a REAL drink now and not just a glass of wine. I asked Fran to get me my Gibson and when she finally came back it seemed the bartender misheard her and gave me a Gimlet instead. Blech! But I didn't want to wait forever again so I drank it anyways. It was pretty strong and at that point that was what counted.

While she was at the bar, the pianists were playing Sweet Caroline. The crowd was singing along, and as typical of live performances, performers would stop playing occasionally and let audience take it. On the chorus, where the lyrics begin “Sweet Caroline…” the audience sang the “oh, oh, oh” while pianos cut out. I thought to myself, I haven't drank enough yet to get in on this party.

zFC170305PM17.jpg

The first time Fran and I came here was nearly 20 years ago. It was a great blast from my past, they sang tons of songs from the 60s and 70s and I'm pretty sure I knew them all. The last time we came there were some songs that I didn't know and I realized that being an “all request” kind of place that as the audience gets younger, the songs would be less and less known to me. I wasn't sure what to expect on this night.

zFC170305PM18.jpg

zFC170305PM19.jpg

While there were a few songs I didn't know, they played a wide range of tunes. Another one I recognized was the Guns and Roses ballad November Rain, although I had to go to lyrics.com to find out the name since I'd only heard it on the radio.

They did some songs from Jersey Boys, and while they were switching performers, they said that the requests were all over the map. The new guys read their “top 3” strange requests and the crowd applauded for each one.

Defying Gravity won.

Copacabana made the list when someone requested a Barry Manilow tune. There were others but either I didn't know them or just forgot. I had a glass of wine, I think just one, but maybe a second. By the time they played Bohemian Rhapsody, the audience sang the whole song (sometimes with sometimes without our performers), and I was right along with them, belting out the lyrics.

After that I was good and could go home on that note, but Fran had to close out our tab, while they played another song I didn't know. They finished up with Come Sail Away, and I was definitely good to go. I'd had my fill of Jr. High/HS era nostalgia.

Back in the room was another story. We tried to get the darned splinter out I'd my hand.

zFC170305PM20.jpg

I screamed when Fran rubbed the alcohol swab over the cut, which I'm sure the rooms near us appreciated at 10:30PM. At least she could have warned me! After a bit of digging with a needle and me gulping down the wine I had bought the night before, I gave up on the splinter. We stuck a band-aid on it and I went to bed.
:eek:
Well, I realize it's long in the past now, but sorry Allison.

I'm aurprised the CM didn't do a LOT more...from Disney's perspective, that's a lawsuit waiting to happen. Whenever I've been there everything was well maintained. If it wasn't, that's on them

Last edited:
To All Who May Be Interested…

I started a new Pre/TR for my upcoming Big, Mega Move across the US for my re-settling in Kentucky ending with my WDW 50th Anniversary trip!

I’ll share all the planning and getting ready-ings as well as some live updates and photos along the way. It will “magically” turn into a bona fide TR once I get back and moved in. :)

Of course there is a ton left on this TR! We’re just getting started here!
Oh! Good grief Liesa! Just when I thought I was almost caught up, you create ANOTHER one. <sigh>

Just in time too, cuz about that time there was a mighty spectacular sunset going down and I framed my favorite photo of the entire trip. (the first one) EPCOT simply does not get much lovelier. I lingered. Because who wouldn’t?

I tried to quote with all the pictures in it, but my phone was either trying to quote the whole page or almost none.

Gorgeous shots!

Still nice here. Getting up to 70 today… 84 on Tuesday.
So get off my lawn!
And tommorow, it could be -3C and 10cm of snow. I've seen you talk about the crazy Winipeg weather enough...you ain't tricking me with the 70 today tactic

It's been a hard time to DIS the way I used to, and I'm sure others are in the same boat. It's really too bad. For me it's been a combination of things, mostly the ones you suggest above. I also originally got into the DIS when I was working an office job that gave me more downtime, both during my days occasionally, and in the evenings. Now I feel like the "busy-ness" of my new job has taken the reins. For a while there, the DIS was also starting to feel more like work than fun to keep up with things, always trying not to be too far behind, etc., even though I love my friends and hearing about their lives/trips/stories. And hard to think about Disney when trips aren't in the picture for us right now, due to covid-related things and not being in the same financial place, etc., etc. But I'm reaching a point now where it's starting to feel good to get back from time to time again when I have a few spare minutes, and that's a nice feeling
You and I are similar. I used to have a job, where once I'd finished my work, I could surf.

My job now and other facets of life pretty much keep me religated to my phone and it's so much more difficult to get quality dis time.

*** Sorry! I pushed Reply last night by mistake before I"d embedded the photos... and now it's not proofread, but I have an appt and will be back.)

I is for: I’ll have the Martini; Make It a Chocolate!

I is also for: In Case you Don’t Remember… this trip report. I know, it’s been a long, long time since I’ve added any content here, but I do have a fairly solid excuse. Since I posted the last chapter, I’ve been to 15 states, more National Parks, Monuments, and historical sites than I can count, relocated to Kentucky, and took thousands more photos. It’s been an adventure for sure. But let’s get back to this adventure! If you’d like to read about the grand and epic cross-country road trip with a chaser of Disney, you can find that HERE.

Marcia and I made our way to the park entrance by way of the TOL Trail. The sheer number of animals in the roots and branches never ceases to amaze me here. I think Marcia was duly impressed, certainly more than the (non-existent) breakfast options she’d found. It was fun talking about the myriad of creatures we spotted; I was salivating over the myriad of colors and flavors I was about to shove in my face.

We didn’t wait long at all for a bus to Kidani (you did guess this, right?) and arrived a bit before our 11:50 ADR, perhaps 11:30. Just enough time to check in at the podium and give our number for a call back and say hi to the Savanah critters. Loads of them were out. I kinda love these photos not for its quality, but for how it shows the variety of grazers either eating or resting after breakfast.

We also spent some time admiring the vast art collection scattered between the 2 resorts. I found this article informative and interesting:

I don’t know if the handpainted beads in this display is considered part of the “art collection”, but I really admired it. The detail is stunning and as colorful and artistic as the telephone wire baskets I’d discovered years prior. I found a “basket” I loved a couple of years ago and bought it, and now am wondering if I need a small handful of beads for my Africa display in the house.

I won’t say that lunch was the “star of the show” as I appreciate ALL that Kidani (and Jambo) has to offer, but hullo, who doesn’t love the Sanaa Bread Service?! I was anxious to introduce Marcia to its magnificence; I braced myself for any potential disappointment with a Chocolate Martini. Not that I needed to worry but just to be safe, ya know.

We’ve discussed the food sensitivities/tastes already, and luckily Sanaa offered a GF option for just such an occasion. I present to you perhaps the most… odd… looking rendition of naan on Earth. Does this even come close to looking like naan to anyone else? It looks like a cracker. NOT crispy at all on the outside nor soft and fluffy inside. This was an imposter of grand delusions, and I needed another sip of that martini.

I, on the other hand, was served 2 kinds of warm, delicious, garlicky, buttery, perfect bread that conveyed all 9 toppings to my greedy, watering mouth.

Marcia said hers was okay, but I could tell it was not “fantastic”. Sadness for her permeated my Sanaa-loving little heart. Even in the gluten-free “bread” disappointment, we ranked our 9 accompaniments, each finding a different one to hold top spot. I loved the spicier, more flavorful ones; she preferred the sweeter end of the spectrum. That’s what I love about the bread service.

I’ve had it many times and never get tired of it. Marcia was practically starved to death by the time we got to Kidani and wanted a “real” meal. She asked the server a ton of questions about the ingredients, and he even brought out a sample of a couple of different things for her to try. I was incredibly impressed, and she settled on the Braised Beef with Basmati rice along with Coconut-Cilantro Veggies. I think. I dunno. You be the judge. I was happy as a clam on a mud beach and didn’t need more or pay attention really.

I didn’t need to waddle out; I hopped on my freshly charged scooter (if you need to charge a scooter, by the way, Sanaa has a pretty large area to do that while you eat) and we buzzed out to the buses. One came fairly quickly, and we were back to the park in no time. Rides were not going to happen, sadly, but there was still vast amounts of real estate we still hadn’t covered, so headed off to Asia and the Maharaja Jungle Trek to see the tigers et al. No, the tigers weren’t out, but to my pleasant surprise, the bats are back for viewing enjoyment.

It was also a happy waltz through the aviary. It’s always a happy waltz through the aviary when one doesn’t poop on you.

I know I’ve mentioned how much I enjoy the murals throughout this trail. One of these days I’m going to commission an artist to paint murals of intricate pastel scenes in my house. They remind me of my grandparents’ home growing up in La Crescenta, CA in which they had an incredible mural painted on the bedroom ceiling with gold scroll work and angels and leaves, etc… Anyway, that’s getting way off track. Back to AK…

After we successfully made it through the Asia Trail, I wanted to show Marcia the Animation Academy and Conservation Station. It’s always entertaining to experience the same level of stress in that 20-minute drawing class that one can in an hour-long high stakes job interview. Sorry, the Sotheby-worthy piece I created is not available at this time; please visit the Louvre for this attraction. When this fine piece is re-curated virtual tickets can be acquired by sending $50. Serious inquiries only.

Meantime, enjoy the little village I wish they'd copy over at AK for some private "bungalow" options. (On the Eastern Star Railway line)

By now we were both hot and pooped out, (As opposed to pooped on- that was earlier, and all brushed off) so we headed towards the park entrance. It was Earth Day and I thought one of the limited edition pins might be nice. As you might know I try to get a couple of pins each trip that are best representative of my time. I spent quite a lot of time in AK this trip because 1) I really love it in there, and 2) I was in a scooter and it’s the easiest park to just wander in on one. Just my opinion. Remind me to tell you about the disastrous foray into the UK Pavilion I had on the scooter. Anyway, wide paths, plenty of room, least crowded park, yada, yada, yada…

Plus.... cool plants.

I was tired, feeling more than a little sore by now, and too spent to figure out dinner. For some ridiculous reason I had the silly notion that the AoA QS would be a good idea. I ended up with this pathetic option and cannot recall a more disgusting meal on Disney property. Clearly, I need to be focusing more on producing additional pieces of priceless art to fund better food delivered on demand. I tossed ¾ of it in the trash. The stench of stale tendies and fries almost made me gag around 3:00 AM and I don’t think it ever went away our entire stay. And this ended Day 2 of our Flower and Garden Trip. Sweet Deep Fat Fried Dreams, All!

Last edited:
I think Marcia was duly impressed, certainly more than the (non-existent) breakfast options she’d found.
My sister has celiac's disease and she has to have gf foods. She found some gf donuts at the AK Starbucks for breakfast.
say hi to the Savanah critters. Loads of them were out. I kinda love these photos not for its quality, but for how it shows the variety of grazers either eating or resting after breakfast.
This seems to be where they are hiding the ostriches and zebras. I love seeing the animals at the lodge.
We’ve discussed the food sensitivities/tastes already, and luckily Sanaa offered a GF option for just such an occasion. I present to you perhaps the most… odd… looking rendition of naan on Earth. Does this even come close to looking like naan to anyone else? It looks like a cracker.
It is really hard to find a good gf bread. Boma has plenty of foods on their buffet that are naturally gf. My favorite gf food is the gf Zebra dome. They use a bottom layer of chocolate instead of cookie, and they are really good.
Meantime, enjoy the little village I wish they'd copy over at AK for some private "bungalow" options. (On the Eastern Star Railway line)
You always seem to find things that I never noticed before. :)
For some ridiculous reason I had the silly notion that the AoA QS would be a good idea. I ended up with this pathetic option and cannot recall a more disgusting meal on Disney property.
That sounds disgusting. The very worst chicken tender meal we ever had was at the old counter service in the American pavilion in Epcot. We threw ours away, too.

I is also for: In Case you Don’t Remember… this trip report.

I DO remember it! Maybe that's a testament to how little time I've spent on the DIS as of late. :confused3

I know, it’s been a long, long time since I’ve added any content here, but I do have a fairly solid excuse. Since I posted the last chapter, I’ve been to 15 states, more National Parks, Monuments, and historical sites than I can count, relocated to Kentucky, and took thousands more photos. It’s been an adventure for sure.

Yes, you certainly have a good reason! Also you've been doing the impossible and keeping up on two DIS reports at once, which is no small feat! I've tried it! I've mostly failed miserably! Never again...

I appreciate ALL that Kidani (and Jambo) has to offer, but hullo, who doesn’t love the Sanaa Bread Service?!

I can't think of anyone!

present to you perhaps the most… odd… looking rendition of naan on Earth. Does this even come close to looking like naan to anyone else? It looks like a cracker. NOT crispy at all on the outside nor soft and fluffy inside. This was an imposter of grand delusions, and I needed another sip of that martini.

Ahhh....yes.... The gluten free "naan"... It's certainly a bit of a disappointed as compared to the actual real-life gluten-filled variety. There are lots of things that can be made gluten-free and still come close enough to the original to make a good attempt, but I have yet to find a good recipe or store-bought alternative for naan. (There's a somewhat decent pita made by Aiden's that they use at our local Pita Pits that's the closest I've found so far, and a pizza crust mix in my local grocery store that can be modified to make a slightly dense flatbread that you can pan fry, but nothing really is the same.) But I just appreciate that at Sanaa it's just an allergy-safe vehicle for all the yummy accompaniments, so I take it without complaint!

we ranked our 9 accompaniments, each finding a different one to hold top spot. I loved the spicier, more flavorful ones; she preferred the sweeter end of the spectrum. That’s what I love about the bread service.

That's what's so great about the bread service! There's something for everyone! I'm not super adventurous with my food, so as much as I hate to admit it, my favourite is the hummus. I love hummus, and that's a good one! I tend to steal most of it before Nathan can enjoy it much. But I also particularly like the mango chutney, coriander chutney, tomato-date jam, and tamarind chutney. Nathan tends to try some of the spicy options, but he likes most things except the cucumber raita because he hates cucumber in everything. I remember him especially liking the garlic pickle one.

She asked the server a ton of questions about the ingredients, and he even brought out a sample of a couple of different things for her to try. I was incredibly impressed

Wow! That's service!

No, the tigers weren’t out, but to my pleasant surprise, the bats are back for viewing enjoyment.

They are so amazing! Unfortunate you missed the tigers, but great to see the bats :)

It’s always entertaining to experience the same level of stress in that 20-minute drawing class that one can in an hour-long high stakes job interview. Sorry, the Sotheby-worthy piece I created is not available at this time; please visit the Louvre for this attraction.

YES! It's so fast-paced!

Remind me to tell you about the disastrous foray into the UK Pavilion I had on the scooter.

Uh oh! That doesn't sound good!

For some ridiculous reason I had the silly notion that the AoA QS would be a good idea. I ended up with this pathetic option and cannot recall a more disgusting meal on Disney property.

Oh no! I probably would have made the same mistake, to be honest. I've heard before that the AoA quick service is worth a visit, and that they have some better/more interesting options than other value resorts. Sounds like it wasn't a good visit for you.

I know, it’s been a long, long time since I’ve added any content here, but I do have a fairly solid excuse. Since I posted the last chapter, I’ve been to 15 states, more National Parks, Monuments, and historical sites than I can count, relocated to Kentucky, and took thousands more photos.
Nope. Not an excuse.

:rolleyes1
If you’d like to read about the grand and epic cross-country road trip with a chaser of Disney, you can find that HERE.
I know you haven't proof-read... but there's no link there.
(In case you miss it on the next go-round.)
The sheer number of animals in the roots and branches never ceases to amaze me here.
::yes::
Marcia was duly impressed, certainly more than the (non-existent) breakfast options she’d found.
Glad there was something about Disney she liked!
I was salivating over the myriad of colors and flavors I was about to shove in my face.
:laughing:
Cool angle on this shot.
We didn’t wait long at all for a bus to Kidani (you did guess this, right?)
Sure! Maybe! Yes! I don't know!
That was over three years ago!
I kinda love these photos not for its quality, but for how it shows the variety of grazers either eating or resting after breakfast.
"after" breakfast??? I'd be lying down!
I found a “basket” I loved a couple of years ago and bought it, and now am wondering if I need a small handful of beads for my Africa display in the house.
You do. ::yes::
hullo, who doesn’t love the Sanaa Bread Service?!
No one!
Everyone loves it! It's a rule!
I braced myself for any potential disappointment with a Chocolate Martini. Not that I needed to worry but just to be safe, ya know.
:laughing: Of course! Gotta be safe.
Does this even come close to looking like naan to anyone else?
Uh... no. That's... awful (for a substitute.)
It looks like a cracker. NOT crispy at all on the outside nor soft and fluffy inside. This was an imposter of grand delusions, and I needed another sip of that martini.
:rolleyes:
Marcia said hers was okay, but I could tell it was not “fantastic”.
well, sure... did you not see her "naan" bread?
More like Nah brad.
we ranked our 9 accompaniments, each finding a different one to hold top spot.
I've done that.
She asked the server a ton of questions about the ingredients, and he even brought out a sample of a couple of different things for her to try. I was incredibly impressed
Impressed... that he didn't snap and throw food at her???
I was happy as a clam on a mud beach
Rides were not going to happen, sadly, but there was still vast amounts of real estate we still hadn’t covered
That's one thing about AK that is really good about it. It's a park where you can be perfectly fine not riding a single ride.
the bats are back for viewing enjoyment.
Were they gone?
It’s always a happy waltz through the aviary when one doesn’t poop on you.
:rolleyes1
Nice capture!
One of these days I’m going to commission an artist to paint murals of intricate pastel scenes in my house.
Huh! I've never thought of commissioning someone. Wouldn't know how to find anyone!
They remind me of my grandparents’ home growing up in La Crescenta, CA in which they had an incredible mural painted on the bedroom ceiling with gold scroll work and angels and leaves,
Wow! Ceiling! Impressive.
Interesting. Did you mean to do that?
It’s always entertaining to experience the same level of stress in that 20-minute drawing class that one can in an hour-long high stakes job interview.
It can get pretty tense!
Sorry, the Sotheby-worthy piece I created is not available at this time; please visit the Louvre for this attraction.
Bit of a hike, but... okay.
When this fine piece is re-curated virtual tickets can be acquired by sending $50. Serious inquiries only.
Cheque's in the mail!
Great idea. I bet demand would be high, too.
I was in a scooter and it’s the easiest park to just wander in on one. Just my opinion.
I believe you!
Remind me to tell you about the disastrous foray into the UK Pavilion I had on the scooter.
Uh, oh! :scared:
Cool shot. Very cool!
For some ridiculous reason I had the silly notion that the AoA QS would be a good idea. I ended up with this pathetic option
Uh, oh... (again)
The stench of stale tendies and fries almost made me gag around 3:00 AM and I don’t think it ever went away our entire stay.
Ew.
You're not really selling this meal, just fyi.
And this ended Day 2 of our Flower and Garden Trip.
Did not end on a stellar note!

Since I posted the last chapter, I’ve been to 15 states, more National Parks, Monuments, and historical sites than I can count, relocated to Kentucky, and took thousands more photos.
I expect a GOOD excuse next time missy.
Sheesh!

But let’s get back to this adventure!
I think I need to shave my head. Then you can call me pinball because I'm bouncing around all over trying ro keep up.

If you’d like to read about the grand and epic cross-country road trip with a chaser of Disney, you can find that HERE.
Still trying to catch up.

This was an imposter of grand delusions, and I needed another sip of that martini.
I think you should have another sip of the martini.

I was happy as a clam on a mud beach
BEFORE if got dug up, I presume.

Rides were not going to happen, sadly
What??? No rides? Blasphemy.

It was also a happy waltz through the aviary. It’s always a happy waltz through the aviary when one doesn’t poop on you.
Not a saunter? A waltz?
I tend to shuffle quickly to avoid poop.

please visit the Louvre for this attraction.
Oh great. You want me to go to France to see it?
<sigh> pinball Doc again.

yada…

I'm not a big pin person, but that one's pretty cool.

Last edited:
I know, it’s been a long, long time since I’ve added any content here, but I do have a fairly solid excuse. Since I posted the last chapter, I’ve been to 15 states, more National Parks, Monuments, and historical sites than I can count, relocated to Kentucky, and took thousands more photos. It’s been an adventure for sure.

And you walked uphill both ways, in the snow, etc. etc.

Just enough time to check in at the podium and give our number for a call back and say hi to the Savanah critters. Loads of them were out. I kinda love these photos not for its quality, but for how it shows the variety of grazers either eating or resting after breakfast.

The savannah was just an inspired idea for this report. It really is magical.

Even in the gluten-free “bread” disappointment, we ranked our 9 accompaniments, each finding a different one to hold top spot. I loved the spicier, more flavorful ones; she preferred the sweeter end of the spectrum.

Jim Gaffigan says he doesn't know what gluten is, but apparently it's what makes food taste good.

No, the tigers weren’t out, but to my pleasant surprise, the bats are back for viewing enjoyment.

Yay?

I had the silly notion that the AoA QS would be a good idea. I ended up with this pathetic option and cannot recall a more disgusting meal on Disney property. Clearly, I need to be focusing more on producing additional pieces of priceless art to fund better food delivered on demand. I tossed ¾ of it in the trash.

Yeah...that's not looking so appetizing.

Gorgeous!

Thanks! Seems like a long time ago I took that.

Oh, wait....

No I do not. I see a bird, sure... but I have no way of confirming if it is singing or not. :snooty:

You'll have to trust me on this.

I see what you did there. ;)

I'm glad someone gets my stupid sense of humor.

I need to get back there to compare. Maybe in 14 years.

Nah, I think it'll open up soon. Then again, I thought it'd be two weeks years ago, so there's that.

I'm sorry to hear that. That's really unfortunate.

I know, Disney has such quality rides and to miss them is really sad.

Wow. That's... she must really have a queasy stomach.

I think so!
But... but... there's a giant cinnamon roll... right there!

I know, but I can't eat one by myself AND I didn't KNOW that at the time!

At least it wasn't throwing feces at you.

Heh, would it be rude to throw some back at it?

Who doesn't want to cuddle a feces throwing primate?
See?!

Actually... that's really surprising!
Totally shocked me. I had NO idea it was even possible with deer teeth.

I take it you're a vegetarian or vegan?

Nope. Meat tastes WAY too good.
mmmm... dinner al fresco.

That's the mouse's name. Al Fresco.
Or was.

LOL!! Mmm, here mousey, mousey, mousey!
Not a fan, I take it?

No, not really. I am not one to say, "Aww, they are so cute.".
"Take me to Disney will ya? I'll get you for this!"

It was the sweetest of revenges.
I see what you did there!

I was really on a roll in that update.
Huh! Did you figure that out on your own, or did you have help?
Either way... cool!
Disney never does anything by accident... I looked it up and put two and two together. :)

I've never seen this part of the ride.
I hadn't either until they did away with FiPs. January of this year was the first time for me.

Wow. That's just brutal.
I felt really bad for her. :( But I think we found plenty of other stuff to do.
Yeah, that's pretty much nightmare fuel for the next month.

Halloween is just around the corner. Shall I post it again?

That is always the only thing on my mind when I step in there. I tend to move quickly down the path.

You can always bypass it... But where would the fun be in that?

I've always wondered if they have conversations like this.

I think they must... there is no other way they'd be so consistently accurate.

The next dad that enforces any kind of decorum will be the first.

This I've seen to be true!
Huh. That's pretty great! I had no idea this even existed. Now I'll have to find it for the next time.
It's back by the Harambe Food place and train station area.... :)

Marcia must has been really sick. I can't tolerate Flight of Passage, either. I've tried three times and just can't do it anymore. But it is a nice ride.

The gorillas are always fun to watch. I never could understand the fascination with naked mole rats, but they are popular. :)
That's what you said!! When we parted ways after our visit, you were headed to the Safari. How was your spin through the Savanah? It was so fun getting to visit with you and finally meet! :D

Yes, those gorillas are just super to spend time watching. The babies are just so adorable, the boys are always being so silly and nothing beats the stoic magnificence of the silverbacks.

As for naked mole rats... blech.

I love that one too! Wemade a stop here as well:lovestruc

I really love that area now.... I think they made a good use of it for this festival. Now just Remy stuff and I can be okay without any of that, but I did love it for FArts.

y’all look amazing😍

Thanks!!! We made a cute bunch!
Now that’s gorgeous shot! Just perfect!

Thanks! It was a perfect mix of light and color to turn out nice.

oh no! Poor thing! I’ve never met anyone who gets that sick 😢 I hope she was able to enjoy some of the other AK offerings.

I hadn't either! I felt so badly for her as I know she had wanted to go on rides too. We found plenty of other stuff to do and had fun, but no EE for her!

how exciting! Good luck to you!
And since I wrote that, new house, new job, and lots of sightseeing AND a Disney trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter