An Alphabetical, (Flower and) Garden Variety TR- V is for: Vida la Tucson! TR COMPLETE! (3/14)

I think I enjoy Monsters and Cars a bit more than Nemo. Gosh it's hard to choose which one is "better" and think it comes down to which speaks to me/which one I can relate to on any given watching.

That's a really good point! My favourite can really depend on which movies speak to me most at any given time.

She gets wildly car sick to and can't be in the back seat at all. I wonder if there is a treatment for this issue for normal everyday things. :(

If there is then sign me up! 😆 That must be such a pain for her! I can usually sit in the back seat if I'm able to see out the front window (i.e. sit in the middle or lean in slightly, etc.) But otherwise I'm toast. I remember hearing something about pilots in training who had motion sickness getting desensitized by being spun around in an office chair, but that may be completely untrue. And even if it's true, it may not be very helpful for regular folks.

I can imagine that'd take quite a bit of practice for sure! This makes me happy you have found things that you enjoy without giving up the joy of baked things!

It really makes it more manageable!

I had no idea where your chapter teaser picture was! Somewhere I've never been? Possibly! Or maybe just somewhere I've never fully appreciated.

J is for: Joyriding on Main Street

Roll-E was as charged up as the Girls to get moving. With a little help, he eased himself out the tight spot he’d gotten himself into the night before, loosened the ties that held him hostage to the room that had kept him up all night with the noise of rude strangers, and parallel parked his way into the designated spot on the bus with the expertise of a 16-year old behind the wheel. When the trio merrily made their way under the tunnel, they were greeted with jubilant fanfare, song, dance, and general merry-making. Rolle-E and his companions were joined by hundreds of other eager morning revelers, but clearly Daisy had some extra exuberant moves aimed at her 4-wheeled friend. You hussy Duck, you.

After an appropriately garish welcome, Roll-E talked the ladies into visiting a distant cousin, Gino. Gino was an old timer who made his debut back in ’71 and spends most of his time hanging around the house nowadays. Not a lot happens in Gino’s corner of the neighborhood anymore, so when Roll-E and the girls showed up for a short visit, Gino was visibly pumped. He showed them the latest additions to his tool collection, low tech but still useful he assured them, and then beamed in pride as he pointed out his collection of calling cards left by friends who’ve stopped by over the years. The visit was certainly a happy one; Gino is a friendly, humble good ol’ boy, not one to toot his own horn. But that’s doesn’t mean Gino doesn’t have a horn to toot. And the girls made sure to do that for him as they as they left with friendly waves and promises to visit again soon.

All was in a merry mood as Roll-E made his way from Cousin Gino’s place just in time for a cavalcade of familiar friends to say another hello as they made their way home. In fact, while Roll-E and his friends strolled up the Avenue, a couple of groups of his pals passed by to wave an enthusiastic hello. Roll-E loves these quick little hellos, they don’t clog Main Street for what used to feel like hours and he can be on his way again quickly after a short pause.

A bit further on, Roll-E’s bestie asked to stop for some photo fun with a balloon vendor. I mean after all balloons with a backdrop of such great colors and lines are pretty irresistible, no? It didn’t take long and that’s good, Roll-E was getting impatient to move along.

Carefully navigating the crowds and the trolley tracks, which can be deadly to both scooters and ankles, Roll-E slowly moved along braking hard as necessary when daydreaming or inconsiderate tourons stepped in front of him. But, in the end the trio was successful in making their way towards the far end of their beloved Main Street passing by the bakery having decided on other, better baked goods.

Instead, Marcia hopped in line at $ixbucks and Steppe continued on with Roll-E for a decadent, gluten-rich breakfast. Roll-E tried to take a selfie, but Steppe rudely photobombed it with her buns. Clearly, she was feeling a little better and her cheekiness was returning, which made Roll-E happy to be honest. He could tell Steppe was getting off of him a little more easily and more often, but was so glad he’d offered to accompany her on this trip… even if Steppe was constantly spilling drinks on him, forgetting to feed him at night, and bashing his arms or wheels during the tight turns in the queues.

Roll-E thought about photobombing Steppe, but left her to her fun grateful for the brief rests without her on him.

With a full tummy, Steppe and Roll-E decided to do some attractions- ones that Marcia could without getting sick. There were a few options, so join us next time for more of Roll-E’s Main Magic Kingdom Adventures!!!

Last edited:

Roll-E was as charged up
Clever name. ::yes::
that had kept him up all night with the noise of rude strangers
:sad2:
and parallel parked his way into the designated spot on the bus with the expertise of a 16-year old behind the wheel.
Oh dear. So… question. Did you park it or did the bus driver steer it for you?
You hussy, Duck, you.
:laughing:
But watch where you put those commas!
visiting a distant cousin, Gino.
Took me a while to figure out what you were getting at. I’ve never visited the fire station. Cool!
Roll-E loves these quick little hellos, they don’t clog Main Street for what used to feel like hours
I’ve heard a lot of people singing the cavalcade’s praise.
I mean after all balloons with a backdrop of such great colors and lines are pretty irresistible, no?
::yes::
Carefully navigating the crowds and the trolley tracks, which can be deadly to both scooters and ankles,
So… how bad was it with the scooter??
Roll-E slowly moved along braking hard as necessary when daydreaming or inconsiderate tourons stepped in front of him.
Yeah… was wondering about that.
passing by the bakery having decided on other, better baked goods.
Such a waste. It used to be a great place to pop in. Now… it’s the same as anywhere else. :sad2:
but Steppe rudely photobombed it with her buns.
:lmao:
Clearly, she was feeling a little better and her cheekiness was returning
:rolleyes:
even if Steppe was constantly spilling drinks on him,
Oh no. You didn’t!
Nice shot of you. :)

It sounds like Roll-E was having a good day. ;)

Roll-E loves these quick little hellos, they don’t clog Main Street for what used to feel like hours and he can be on his way again quickly after a short pause.
I like the surprise cavalcades, too. They are a pleasant surprise and surprises can be very pleasant. ::yes::

Testing...

In your PM, but ladies room at artist's palette
In that case, I'm gonna guess...
Tangled Tinkle Restroom
the Tangled women's restroom in MKKi
You are all such smarty pants!!!

The correct answer is the Women's Tangled Tinkle Potty. Doc, that was actually a very plausible guess for having never seen this. :) I wanted to share because it's some detailing I'd never noticed until that F&G trip. Kudos to the bathroom designers who make sure even these spaces support the story!!

That's a really good point! My favourite can really depend on which movies speak to me most at any given time.
I guess life has a way of changing people depending on circumstances, although I do believe sometimes we sometimes create our own set of circumstances which can be triumphs or pitfalls- all of us has had some of each. Nevertheless, they can and do morph us and while at one time I really loved some movies, now they just seem out of touch of irrelevant to me. I can still appreciate their artistry no matter where I am on at any given season of my life.

*ends overly philosophical moment of soapboxing*

If there is then sign me up! 😆 That must be such a pain for her! I can usually sit in the back seat if I'm able to see out the front window (i.e. sit in the middle or lean in slightly, etc.) But otherwise I'm toast. I remember hearing something about pilots in training who had motion sickness getting desensitized by being spun around in an office chair, but that may be completely untrue. And even if it's true, it may not be very helpful for regular folks.

I have no idea if that's even possible given it has mostly to do with the eustachian tube shape. Then again, YOU are the house expert in all things ear. ;)

I do know that the (relatively) new treatment of the Epley Maneuver has been clinically valuable to a ton of folks.

It really makes it more manageable!

I had no idea where your chapter teaser picture was! Somewhere I've never been? Possibly! Or maybe just somewhere I've never fully appreciated.

Tangled Tinkle Potty! :) I'd not ever noticed this cute little touch before this trip.

Oh dear. So… question. Did you park it or did the bus driver steer it for you?

A bit of both. With each boarding I got a bit more confident and got better at it. But man, those first few boardings were, well, let's just say they were embarassing and time-consuming.

:laughing:
But watch where you put those commas!

Fixed. :rolleyes:
Took me a while to figure out what you were getting at. I’ve never visited the fire station. Cool!

It is always fun to stop in there and take a trip down history's lane.
I’ve heard a lot of people singing the cavalcade’s praise.

I'm a fan. Not that I would go out of my way for ANY of them, but I think it's a fair compromise. I HATE, with a fervor, being stuck in a crowd and not able to get to wherever it is I want go but I don't mind pausing for 5 minutes to watch one of these and they don't block off entire streets or sidewalks for them.
So… how bad was it with the scooter??

The hardest part of most everything was finding curb cuts when I needed them. The trolley tracks were okay if I remembered to go at 90 deg. but some of those queues were... an adventure.
Such a waste. It used to be a great place to pop in. Now… it’s the same as anywhere else. :sad2:

The vanillification of Disney. Sadness.
Oh no. You didn’t!

OH, I did. I sure did.
Nice shot of you. :)
No.

It's a very very crappy photo of me. I was tired and not comfortable and it showed.

It sounds like Roll-E was having a good day. ;)

I'd say he was enjoying himself quite a lot. :)
I like the surprise cavalcades, too. They are a pleasant surprise and surprises can be very pleasant. ::yes::
My favorite "surprises" were the Trolley Show and the Dapper Dans on the trolleys. Geez I wish they'd bring those back. But yes, I like the pop-up entertainment concept and wonder if those will be a permanent fixture.

The correct answer is the Women's Tangled Tinkle Potty
Yuss <fist pump>
A bit of both. With each boarding I got a bit more confident and got better at it. But man, those first few boardings were, well, let's just say they were embarassing and time-consuming.
Ah. I can see screaming and wailing as Steppe runs over ankles and toes.
It is always fun to stop in there and take a trip down history's lane.
I’ll have to go next solo trip.
I HATE, with a fervor, being stuck in a crowd and not able to get to wherever it is I want go
Remind me to never get in an elevator with you.
The hardest part of most everything was finding curb cuts when I needed them. The trolley tracks were okay if I remembered to go at 90 deg. but some of those queues were... an adventure.
Oh? Sounds… challenging.
No.

It's a very very crappy photo of me. I was tired and not comfortable and it showed.
If you say so. I stand by my comment.

Ah. I can see screaming and wailing as Steppe runs over ankles and toes.

Well, I didn't aim per se.
I’ll have to go next solo trip.

It's a neat little "tiny museum".
Remind me to never get in an elevator with you.

There are worse things that could happen in an elevator.
Oh? Sounds… challenging.
It was only a real PROBLEM once.
If you say so. I stand by my comment.
You are very kind.

parallel parked his way into the designated spot on the bus with the expertise of a 16-year old behind the wheel.

You blocked the entrance completely, didn't you?

Gino was visibly pumped.

I see what you did there.

But that’s doesn’t mean Gino doesn’t have a horn to toot. And the girls made sure to do that for him

:eek: Hey now!

IMG_E7764-L.jpg

Those balloons always make for cool photos.

Instead, Marcia hopped in line at $ixbucks and Steppe continued on with Roll-E for a decadent, gluten-rich breakfast.

Mmmm...gluten...

The correct answer is the Women's Tangled Tinkle Potty. Doc, that was actually a very plausible guess for having never seen this. :) I wanted to share because it's some detailing I'd never noticed until that F&G trip. Kudos to the bathroom designers who make sure even these spaces support the story!!

I'm sorry I missed this game. I knew what it was when I saw the picture but only because I noticed it for the first time last month.

Great morning.

I really need to go visit the Fire Station.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter