An Easter Trip to Return to the Magic

mdelvina2174

Earning My Ears
Hi All!

This will be my first time trying this, my name is Maria and this will be my family's 5th trip to Disney together, but the first trip that my husband, son, and I will all be on the trip at the same time! We have a 1 year old daughter that we are leaving at home for the week with Tutu (grandma). Next years trip is already booked and she will be with us on that one!

The last trip to Disney (about a month before Covid started) my husband and I ended up not being able to go on because shortly after booking the trip we found out I was pregnant. Instead of just rebooking or getting a refund, we gifted the trip to my mom and my step mom and they took our son there for the week and had an absolute blast (good timing too because I went into labor and had the baby the day they flew out) The other trip my husband wasn't able to come at the last minute due to work and I swapped him out with my mom. This time he and I will both be able to finally experience it together with our son and we are so very excited.

I'll give you guys the basics of the trip then get into the "who" for this initial post.

We will be staying at the Yacht Club in a garden view room from April 4th - April 10th. We have 4 days in the parks (1 day per park) and a rest day in the middle.

Now for the who!

I'm Maria and I'm a 29 year old mom to a 4 year old boy named Tony and a 1 year old girl named Francesca. I work full time as a project manager for a medical manufacturing company in central Massachusetts and Disney is my happy place. My favorite attractions in each park are Carousel of Progress, Living with the Land, Rock N' Roller Coaster, and Kilimanjaro Safaris! My favorite restaurant is Jiko and although I'm sad it's closed as of right now, I look forward to it being open again in the future.

My husband's name is Ivi (pronounced E-VEE) and he is a 33 year old that works in marketing. Ivi is the reason I got into Disney. I had only been to Disney once as an 8yr old and back when we were dating he insisted on taking a Disney vacation. His ex girlfriend's family were DVC owners at the Boardwalk and they would take him along with them on their yearly Disney trips. He hadn't been since they broke up and I agreed to go to make him happy.....much to his and my surprise I fell head over heels with the mouse much more than he ever was. Now I am the one pushing/ planning all of our Disney trips, but enough back story...here are some of his favorites....restaurant is Ohana, and rides at each park go like this: Splash Mountain, Soarin, Rock N' Roller Coaster, Flight of Passage.

Last but not least is our DS Tony, he's a freshly turned 4 year old who is obsessed with Lightning McQueen and the entire Cars franchise...this will be his 3rd trip to Disney but like I said above, his first trip with both my husband and me. He is a ball of energy but is a little more on the timid side when it comes to rides, I'm curious to see how everything pans out this trip in terms of what he's willing to go on. He is also a tad hesitant when it comes to swimming in deep water so I'm sure we will get a ton more use out of the shallow sand portion of stormalong bay....although I am going to try to coax him into the deeper areas (we will see how that goes)

Last bit I'll give is the dining reservations we have....
Skipper Canteen dinner on our MK day
Ale and Compass dinner on our AK day
Kona breakfast on our rest day
Topolino's dinner on our Epcot day
Hollywood Brown Derby dinner on our HS day
The Wave breakfast on our departure day.

Can't wait to report back!! See ya Easter morning with an arrival day update!

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aww!!!

I’ll see you there as I have the exact room type-only I’ll be arriving the day after Easter!

I’m doing Topolinos the day I arrive. Pretty excited to try it.

Have you started packing yet?

Also..from central MA myself. (yes, I’m serious)

Aww!!!

I’ll see you there as I have the exact room type-only I’ll be arriving the day after Easter!

I’m doing Topolinos the day I arrive. Pretty excited to try it.

Have you started packing yet?

Also..from central MA myself. (yes, I’m serious)
No way!!! How awesome :) which airport do you fly out of?!

Of all our dining reservation I'm for sure most excited to try Topolino's.

I am looking forward to reading more. Have a fantastic trip!

I'm trying to decide if we should venture from our usual Chef Mickey and try Topolino's instead. I'll be interested in your review.

Can't wait to follow along. Both my kids learned to swim at Disney. They were both taking lessons and very hesitant to fully put their faces in the water and go into deeper areas. Boom! We are at Disney and they swim like fishes lol Hoping this happens with your baby boy.

Can't wait to follow along. Both my kids learned to swim at Disney. They were both taking lessons and very hesitant to fully put their faces in the water and go into deeper areas. Boom! We are at Disney and they swim like fishes lol Hoping this happens with your baby boy.
that’s sooo what i’m hoping for! and gives me hope, fingers crossed❤

meant to post this yesterday, so when i refer to *today* i’m talking about 4/4...also sorry for the rambling, i wrote this on the fly in the notes app

Today was travel day and also happened to be Easter, we started the day off with an egg hunt for DS4 then we dropped off DD1 at grandmas house before heading to the airport. 566973
566974we got to the airport around 9 and checked our larger bag (we had 3 carryons) our checked bag JUST cleared the weight limit at 48.7 lbs *phew* 566975
we headed over to our gate and waited until the plane was ready to board. we flew delta and overall it was a pretty uneventful flight. Tony fell asleep for the second half of the flight which was nice. 566980
566977once we touched down we headed to baggage claim and got our suitcase (just so happened to be passing by us as soon as we walked over to the carousel), we then quickly made our way to magical express and it was DEAD. we got to the line at 2:35 and were on our bus at 2:38...I’ve never had an ME experience go that quickly
we were the last of four stops (CBR, BW, BC, then us at the YC) and we got in at 3:30. We stopped at the front desk to ask about the possibility of changing our room out for a king room and they were able to make that change right away, we all sleep at home together in a king so it just works for us. the only downside is...no tub; I love to soak in a tub after a long day at the parks but even more so, this is especially hard for littles....luckily the shower head is handheld and I can hose down DD4 pretty easily.

after we unpacked we headed to SAB and there was a 20 minute wait just to get into the pool, but once we were in tony had an absolute blast. He wouldn’t come out of the sand pool

Ivi got us a couple frozen drinks from hurricane hannahs and we watched tony play for about 3 hours. After that we were hungry so we went back to the room and ivi got an uber to take him to walmart, he picked up some beer for the room and a few food items for the week. meanwhile i met the stroller rental company and picked up our stroller outside of the boardwalk lobby, Then i set out everything i’d need for toiletries for the week in the bathroom.
Supper tonight was subway from that walmart trip....sorry this post was all over the place, I’ve been up since 3am and i’m tired HA, we’ve got to be up early tomorrow so i’ll talk to you all then!

Attachments

• 1617670641521.jpeg
    1617670641521.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Today 4/5 was magic kingdom day! Alarms went off bright and early at 6am and we were at the bus stop by 6:52, bus arrived at 7:05 and we were on our way! once in MK we hammered out 7 rides buzz, peter pan, small world, dumbo, speedway, barnstormer, and philharmagic! Tony quite literally passed out in the queue for philharmagic so we took a mid day break back at the hotel after that 566986
When we got back at 11 we changed into our bathing suits and headed down to the pool for 2 hours to relax....I feel as if the mid afternoon break at the pool will be a recurring theme this trip.

We were out of the pool and in the room at 1 and Tony passed out for another 2 hours, at 3 we headed back to MK and finished 4 more rides...little mermaid, country bear, big thunder, and splash. Earlier in the morning after barnstormer Tony said to us that it was too fast and he didn’t like it, so we fully planned on doing rider swap on big thunder, however when he saw the trains he pleaded over and over to go, when all was said and done, he wasn’t a fan of that one either...and even less so of splash! But I was so brave of my anxious little boy for riding 2 of the mountains today, almost made me tear up a little.

We got supper at skipper canteen and it was amazing!!!! we went with the steak and the noodles, both dishes had so much flavor and left us satisfied.

We almost closed out the park and are now just getting back to the yacht club, where I mobile ordered a cuban from the marketplace for a late night snack!

More to come tomorrow!

Caught up on your trip so far. How is DS doing with the swimming at the pool?
I'm back to work and behind on posting!! ahh!! but he stayed in the shallow sand pool the whole time :/ I think we're going to sign him up for swim lessons at home this year!

Hooray for animal kingdom day! we had plans for friends that lived in florida to meet us in the parks this day so I wanted to make sure we got there at park open. I got up at 6 and mobile ordered breakfast from the market at ale and compass, I got ready and picked it up at 7:15. I brought it up to the room and roused the boys with the promise of a hot breakfast. We ate quickly and we’re on a bus shortly after. we got to the parks around 8:10 but our friends hadn’t arrived yet. We decided on hitting the safari and oh boy did that line scare us...it was stretched sooooo far back, but it moved non stop and we were on in 15 minutes! After that we met up with our friends and headed to flight of passage, we did child swap and waited a full 2 hours, I’m sure we could have used our time more wisely, but what’s done is done. we then rode expedition Everest with a fairly short 15 minute wait, then kali river rapids which was more like a 45 minute wait. after getting soaked we were hungry and grabbed a bite at the quick serve outside of Yak and Yeti. the veggie tiki masala was delicious. Two of us hit Everest for a second time and then we headed back to the hotel with our friends and went swimming in the quiet pool for about an hour until we were all itching to get back to the park. We took a bus back and went straight to navi river with about a 35 minute wait, after that it was safari, everest for the third time, triceratop spin, and dinosaur, while we did all those rides one of the people in our party hit FOP for his second ride of the day. We closed the parks out and got pizza off property at flippers pizza for supper!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter