An Epic Girl's Trip With Some Joey on the Side...Updated 4/29-COMPLETE

Sounds like a fabulous trip and some great dining experiences. I'm so tempted to book at least ONE Disney restaurant for my girl and I this weekend but I'm afraid it would be torture to be so close to the parks and not be able to visit.

I would totally book it just to have that little taste...:cool1:

EPIC UPDATE FOR MAY: :flower1::flower1::flower1:

We arrive at Disney in 33 days, and I can't wait. But what I'm most excited about is that I booked my first DAH event for MK on May 2nd!!!! I don't know if you all know, but Disney added new dates yesterday for MK, AK, and HS for the months of May and June, and I jumped on it. I have been stalking MDE for weeks now in anticipation of these release dates, and it FINALLY happened!!!! Originally it was posted from 9-12. I looked today and it has been switched to 10-1. This is fine because Joe and I have dinner reservations at Storybook Dining at 6:45 pm where I am going to get to spend some time with @chunkymonkey (before all the festivities begin), and then get to spend DAH with @ariane37. This is going to be a GREAT day!!!!:love: I'm also THINKING about booking DAH for after the Illumination's Cruise at HS...This may be too much tho...So, we'll see if I bite the bullet or not.

This trip is DEFINITELY a lot more scheduled than my average trips, so this will be a different change of pace for me. But I think it will all be good because I will have plenty of downtime in St Pete following the Disney portion of this vaca...I think I will need it.:P:P:P

I was thinking about you girls when they released those dates! I feel like there are a lot of Star Wars fans in the group, isn't the HS one on May the "4th"? I feel like you may not be the only one wanting to do that one! lol

I was thinking about you girls when they released those dates! I feel like there are a lot of Star Wars fans in the group, isn't the HS one on May the "4th"? I feel like you may not be the only one wanting to do that one! lol

I’m not a big Star Wars fan, but I’m considering DAH for HS just to visit TSL.❤️

I'm highly considering it!!! Were the waits for the STL rides good or long waits???

So SDD was down for the first hour but we rode it twice after it came back up and we waited like 15 and 17 minutes so not bad at all! (The quoted wait time was much higher) I think we might have waited around 8-10 minutes for Toy Story Mania just because we waited for it before SDD came up. AS2 was a complete walk on and we waited like two minutes to meet Buzz!

So SDD was down for the first hour but we rode it twice after it came back up and we waited like 15 and 17 minutes so not bad at all! (The quoted wait time was much higher) I think we might have waited around 8-10 minutes for Toy Story Mania just because we waited for it before SDD came up. AS2 was a complete walk on and we waited like two minutes to meet Buzz!

That's AWESOME to hear!!!! I just wanted to make sure that I'd be able to get enough rides in to make it worth it.

Another Fashion Fabulous Update:

cn16709027.jpg

Dress from Old Navy, at $12. this was a steal (as long as it doesn't fall apart after I wash it the first time).:P

cn16364687.jpg

Shorts from Old Navy because one can never have enough jean shorts...

cn16827012.jpg

Tank from Banana Republic, which is always a summer staple.

comic-book-cover-def-leppard-t-shirt.master.png

Classis Def Leppard tee from The 80's Store. There's a story here...I have been a HUGE Def Leppard fan since I was in junior high. I saw them in concert too many times to count (Yes, I even camped out for tickets a couple times when things like that were cool, waaaaaay before the internet). Anyway, I REALLY wanted this tee after seeing the Hysteria tour 3 or 4 times but never got around to grabbing it. That is, until this morning. Now, I can relive my head banging, 80's youth and proudly flaunt my Def Leppard tee for all the world to see.:rotfl:

So many great updates! Love your plans for May, August and September! Lucky, lucky you! I have that swing dress from Old Navy too but in green and as long as you wash it in cold and hang it to dry, they wash and wear well.

So many great updates! Love your plans for May, August and September! Lucky, lucky you! I have that swing dress from Old Navy too but in green and as long as you wash it in cold and hang it to dry, they wash and wear well.

AWWW! Thanks! I actually ordered 2 more of the swing dresses just a minute ago...:love:

I don't know about you all, but booking dining is always such a cluster for me. There are always the favs that I can't stay away from and so many more that I want to try...So, do I sacrifice an oldie but a goodie for something new that may not be as good??? Or, do I book one of my favs and skip something that could be even better? Does anyone else have this problem???

It's always tough, but I've kinda made it a policy now to make sure I have a good even mix of faves AND new ones. I have SO many on my list to try! And as I get back to my "old" faves, some are actually being phased out as the quality had changed, or I am just ready to move on.

We arrive at Disney in 33 days, and I can't wait. But what I'm most excited about is that I booked my first DAH event for MK on May 2nd!!!!

I'm sad I can't make it sooner than the 3rd. I'd have LOVED to have done the DAH that day. :( Stupid work.

This trip is DEFINITELY a lot more scheduled than my average trips, so this will be a different change of pace for me. But I think it will all be good because I will have plenty of downtime in St Pete following the Disney portion of this vaca...I think I will need it.:P:P:P

I like to add some non-planned days or like you, NON-Disney days to the end to rest. Disney is not for the weak especially with more-than-usual-full-days.

I'm also THINKING about booking DAH for after the Illumination's Cruise at HS...This may be too much tho...So, we'll see if I bite the bullet or not.
Well, if you decide to do it, we will be there!

Good to know! I am curious how the Star Wars part of it will effect the waits and stuff.

It's always tough, but I've kinda made it a policy now to make sure I have a good even mix of faves AND new ones. I have SO many on my list to try! And as I get back to my "old" faves, some are actually being phased out as the quality had changed, or I am just ready to move on.

So true. I really hope Olivia's is still good.

I like to add some non-planned days or like you, NON-Disney days to the end to rest. Disney is not for the weak especially with more-than-usual-full-days.

I've just never been one to do a park every day. I really enjoy days at Disney where I sleep in, have a long, leisurely brunch, spend time at the pool, take a nap and then enjoy a late dinner. complete with fireworks...:love:

I’m not a big Star Wars fan, but I’m considering DAH for HS just to visit TSL.❤️

Me, my Mom and Calista loved our experience at HS after hours on our trip! Definitely nice to not be in a wall to wall Toy Story land lol
We loved it in January! I really kinda want to do this in May also but after MK DAH Thursday and what I know will be a late FUN night with everyone Friday :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:dancer:I don't think we could handle HS DAH unless we bailed on the cruise. And since we've never done an Illuminations cruise I do really want to do that..... I'm hoping they have some after hours when I'm there in Oct because by 9/10 pm we'll be on our own time and can book it if we want. I'll just have to convince my work wife lol.

I love those dresses from Old Navy but that style always makes me look pregnant! Plus I may or may not have ordered more than a few things from Her Universe and the Disney Store this weekend :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter