• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

An Extra Helping of Disney (Comments Welcome)

Woohoo! Good job keeping up with the Zumba! Even though your legs are aching now I am sure they will thank you later. ;)

Congrats on getting closer to Onederland! You will be there soon! :cool1:

Why is this taking so long?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

So after I dropped youngest DD at her chorus practice I toddled off to the gym. Hoping to boost my weight loss. I have to beat someone else to Onederland!

Why is this taking so long?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

So after I dropped youngest DD at her chorus practice I toddled off to the gym. Hoping to boost my weight loss. I have to beat someone else to Onederland!
.2 lbs in 2 days is not slow! Just remember the slower it comes off the less likely it will be gained back fast. Also remember muscle weighs more than fat. So you may be losing inches. :thumbsup2

Also don't worry about beating me. Once I hit 190s I always plateau, I can get down to 190s pretty easy then it gets really hard. So you will probably lap me once we get to Onderland. :upsidedow

.2 lbs in 2 days is not slow! Just remember the slower it comes off the less likely it will be gained back fast. Also remember muscle weighs more than fat. So you may be losing inches. :thumbsup2

Also don't worry about beating me. Once I hit 190s I always plateau, I can get down to 190s pretty easy then it gets really hard. So you will probably lap me once we get to Onderland. :upsidedow

Well I know my body is shaped differently according to my clothes......

And beating you to Onederland is just me being me. I gots issues...... :lmao:

But thanks for the encouragement!

Well I know my body is shaped differently according to my clothes......

And beating you to Onederland is just me being me. I gots issues...... :lmao:

But thanks for the encouragement!

You can still beat me. You could have a woosh of a 2 lb loss and I could not lose anything. Entirely possible. Good luck!!!:goodvibes

How are you doing???? Any update?

Keep up the good work regardless!

Have a great wekeend! :thumbsup2

How are you doing???? Any update?

Keep up the good work regardless!

Have a great wekeend! :thumbsup2

Not as well as I'd like.

Easter + Moving my son into his new place + injured knee + AF = :confused:

I exercised my knee into strained/swollen ickiness. Doing better now. Just have to ice and elevate and advil to get it better. I exercised with the weight machines for my upper body. But, it's just all so annoying when i was sooo close to Onederland.

Have a great weekend!

Not as well as I'd like.

Easter + Moving my son into his new place + injured knee + AF = :confused:

I exercised my knee into strained/swollen ickiness. Doing better now. Just have to ice and elevate and advil to get it better. I exercised with the weight machines for my upper body. But, it's just all so annoying when i was sooo close to Onederland.

Have a great weekend!

Ugh! That's no fun. I'd stay away from the scale too if i were you. Just concentrate on things you can do. Like eat as healthy as you can and get right back on track as soon as you're able. :cool1:

Hope you're feeling better soon! :flower3:

So it has been a couple weeks since Easter. The knee is better,but not 100%.
Tried to do Zumba two Wednesdays ago and only made it halfway. And just this past Wednesday I was naughty and didn't go at all. Actually, to be honest, haven't gone since.................. the 10th. :guilty: Took a walk somewhere in there,but just have no motivation. Bad eating habits are not helping. My girls went off for a long weekend trip to Disney and I was a total bum while they were gone. Went to work and stuff, but then there were some really "good" meals with my hubby. Needless to say my weight jumped up.
I am currently at 202.4. On my way back down again. I wonder if I got so frustrated not being able to get into Onederland that I sabotaged myself. Not really sure. But I do know that I need to get back on the wagon. Again. Feels like such a hamster wheel. Keep on going and not getting anywhere. One way or the other the scale will move. More exercise. Better food choices. Why o why was I not blessed with the metabolism to eat anything and everything and be stick thin?!?!!?!?!?!?

Glad your knee is doing better even though its not 100%. Hopefully it will be feeling better soon.

Being 'bad' for 11 days and then getting back on track is much better than being 'bad' for 11 years or months, etc. So the important thing is you are trying again and you did not give up. Less than 2 pounds of gain isn't much considering one's weight can fluctuate daily.

As for your plateau...here is my opinion. I am not a thin fit person so take it for what its worth. It's just my personal belief on plateaus. That said I tend to give up when I plateau so the fact that you are working though it is much better than I. I hope I can do the same. First off being "bad" might actually be helpful because if you start eating lower calories now, your metabolism will still be going faster because of all the extra you've been eating. So hopefully you will get a little 'woosh' after your first week back. Next is there something DIFFERENT you could try for exercise or eating? If what you are currently doing isn't working, continuing to do the same thing or more of the same thing is not going to help. So maybe pick a different exercise or add something different like weights or yoga or kickboxing or...I don't know I am just throwing ideas out there. :) Maybe that way it will feel less like a hamster wheel and maybe you will find something new you really enjoy AND it helps you lose weight! As for eating if you are trying to eat really clean all the time maybe schedule a cheat meal every week or a daily dessert that fits in with your calories that seems really indulgent. Stuff like that helps me but may not help you. Eating just one of something awesome is hard.

Congrats at restarting! :cheer2: You can do it!!!

:goodvibes

It's been a month and no change. I have had a few good weigh ins where I am headed the right direction and then a bump back up a few pounds. Then we head back down for a moment before taking the momentum back up again.

I love real rollercoasters,but this one sucks popsicles! :(

But I am doing it to myself. No one's fault but my own.......

2 months wasted.
:mad:
What is WRONG with me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Ugh, so sorry! :headache:

I agree with momof2minnies though. Tomorrow is a new day. Its a good thing you are getting back on track after just 2 months instead of say...2 years. :)

Come up with one thing you can do everyday that is specific. I started with one plank per day. I started at barely 30 seconds and I do it first thing in the morning when I wake up. I now can do several that are 60+ seconds (can't seem to do much longer than that at once though, i think its bc i do it so early i just get tired and drop, the stretch and do it again at least). Something small like that puts you in a healthy mindset for the day too. It doesn't have to be a plank, my chiropractor is the one who told me to do it daily for my back but ultimately I do it for my overall health. :)

Good luck! You can do it! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter