Anaheim Convention Center Questions + Recent Airport Shuttle Reviews

TikiTikiFan

DIS Veteran
We're attending the Star Wars Celebration at the Anaheim Convention Center at the end of May and I've never set food inside the convention center. Looking for some input! Any tips from those that may have attended D23 or any other conventions there before?

We're staying at the Grand Californian (combined this with a Disneyland trip) and will likely just walk over if we can't get an Uber (trying to conserve my legs/have neuropathy/etc.). Do you think we could take the Toy Story shuttle from Disneyland to the parking lot and walk from there? We've done that in reverse when staying at the Clarion to get to the parks.

Weird question, but do they keep the air conditioning at full blast in the convention center? I'm one of those ladies that is FREEZING inside buildings that do that and I will seriously just wear leggings as opposed to normal summer attire if that's the case. And pack a hoodie. 🥶 We plan on staying inside the convention center the entire day.

In terms of food... being a Disneyland pro, we know the area in terms of food but I really don't want to have to leave the convention center to get food because I've bought photo ops/autographs and have a list of panels I want to do which doesn't leave much time to leave for food. Anyone know what the food court situation is like in there? I've read in the past they usually have food trucks outside for conventions- is this usually the case?

AIRPORT SHUTTLES! Seems like this situation changes so fast. When we were out there in November we used Karmel shuttle and the price since then has shot up since kids are no longer free. Seeing in other threads folks have been happy with Executive Car Service and we have used Lansky in the past. Does that seem like the main three at this point? Folks for Star Wars Celebration were recommending Discount Shuttles but the reviews of this one online are atrocious but the prices are much less than the others- but maybe you get what you pay for. Anyone use them before? I know Uber/Lyft is an option but I always like just having our ride reserved and not leaving it up to chance. Since COVID it seems like the rideshare services are a bit unpredictable now and that stresses me out too much. In our area they've been a mess, you can't rely on them at all.

I can't answer your specific questions about the convention center, but the fastest route from GCH is to simply walk out the front door in the lobby, go down Disneyland Drive and turn left at Katella. It's like half a mile walk.

It makes no kind of sense to take the Toy Story Bus, and finding an Uber for such a short trip might be a challenge. Just plan to walk. It looks further on the map than it actually is.

I can't answer your specific questions about the convention center, but the fastest route from GCH is to simply walk out the front door in the lobby, go down Disneyland Drive and turn left at Katella. It's like half a mile walk.

It makes no kind of sense to take the Toy Story Bus, and finding an Uber for such a short trip might be a challenge. Just plan to walk. It looks further on the map than it actually is.

I have severe nerve damage in my legs from past chemo treatments so for me it's best to save my energy otherwise I end up with chronic pain sooner in the day.

On the map this is what I see- can you enter the convention center from Katella then?? Now that would make a world of difference!

61D5D56B-2EE5-4D69-9EE2-D9924F671385.jpeg

I have severe nerve damage in my legs from past chemo treatments so for me it's best to save my energy otherwise I end up with chronic pain sooner in the day.

On the map this is what I see- can you enter the convention center from Katella then?? Now that would make a world of difference!

View attachment 665874
Yes, you absolutely can enter the convention center from Katella. That's where the front doors are! That spot on your map looks like a drop off point for cars/parking garage entrance. That large circular white roof is the entrance hall.

Yes, you absolutely can enter the convention center from Katella. That's where the front doors are! That spot on your map looks like a drop off point for cars/parking garage entrance. That large circular area is the entrance hall.

Ohhh amazing! Thank you so much! Well that makes things much easier on that front! Silly me, guess I should have known that but have never had a reason to before! 😆

Ohhh amazing! Thank you so much! Well that makes things much easier on that front! Silly me, guess I should have known that but have never had a reason to before! 😆
You're so welcome! The walk is half a mile, at most. For some reason, Google maps doesn't think you can walk there on Katella. I assure you, you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter