...and I can ONLY use what comes in the KIT!

wdwdancerwannabe

DIS Veteran
I'm entering a contest for our LSS - whoever wins gets to be on the store's "design team" --- and I want it SOOOOO BAD!!

This is my problem. I can only use what comes in the kit that the store provides (paper, stickers, and couple of brads/ribbons).

I can't use ANYTHING extra - No Cricut, no eyelets, ribbons, punches, stamps, ink, embossing or decorative scissors

I'm suddenly realizing how much I rely on embellies to spice up my projects.

Any suggestions for making my layouts be unique, stand out and get voted on?????

Are you allowed to use your printer if you don't print on the front? You could go old school (aka pre-cricut) and print clip art on the back and cut each piece out. I think there is a tutorial on here somewhere on how to do it...:confused3

Also, I still love the look of tearing, so could do that. Also, can technically "make" ribbon out of the striped patterened paper. Just cut a thin strip and use as fragile ribbon. Looking at it though, there does seem to be eyelets and ribbon in the kit...

Clearly, they want to see how creative you can be, with those limits. I think you can do it - try to see the elements not as what they ARE but as raw material for something else, like that striped paper - ribbon idea. You CAN do it! Good Luck.

I know you can't use punches, but couldn't you cut shapes out with scissors? If you have a real steady hand you could get some great mats or effects with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter