And the countdown ends....in my "Happy Place"

mlittig said:
Great trip report :thumbsup2 Glad you had a magical time :tinker:

Thanks...
I had a fantastic time but alas , all good things must come to an end.

I'm freezing!!! Hahaha...when we landed this afternoon it was 45 degrees!!! Where's that warm Floridian sun??? :rotfl:

Yes; I'm home. Back in "Da Bronx" watching the Yankees instead of "Stacey" telling me all about the "Must Do's" in WDW!! :rotfl:

My last day in "my happy place" consisted of getting up early and making it into the Magic Kingdom for the 8:00 am rope drop. I literally walked on just about every ride in the park!! I even made it to the Jungle Cruise. I haven't been on that ride in over 20 years!!! Had lunch at the Plaza; love their Club Sandwich and then headed back for some last day sun at the pool. And...while at the pool I had an oldie but goodie....a Rollercoaster Meltdown. It's not on the board anymore but "Joe" knew immediately what to do. It's a Pina Colada with a shot of Meyers floating on top. It's sooooo good.:goodvibes

Later that afternoon after putting the laundry on and packing I headed to Epcot for a last walk around the World. Boy was it packed!!! Quite a difference from earlier in the week. Didn't have anything that I hadn't had before and actually it was just a little too crowded for me so I ducked into La Hacienda. They seated me almost immediately. Had the house salad (I'd eat that as a main meal if it was larger) and the Tilapia.

Hopped on the bus to DTD for a last chance look for anything that I may want to bring home and looked into a few shops that I missed during the week. Love the Christmas shop and Pantry but nothing this trip really called my name. ;)

Since I had an early ME Pickup (7:00 am) my evening ended a tad early but I still managed to get in the fireworks. Can't miss that on your last night!

This morning, as I sat on my balcony, in the dark drinking my last cup of Disney coffee, I thought about the wonderful week I had. I don't really get sad anymore when I have to go home because I know I'll be back. It's just that it goes so darn fast!! We sit here and plan and countdown the days and then.....POOF!!! The trip is over.

So, until I begin the next countdown to my happy place I'll continue to dream and re-live the wonders of Disney through all of your trip reports!! Thank you all for keeping me company on my journey.

And for all of you there now, have a fantastic time!!! I look forward to hearing all about your vacation!! pixiedust:

Thank you again Linda and glad you are home safe. 37 Degrees here yesterday morning - a bit too cold already.

Thanks for the trip report. We will be there this time next week at the BCV. I'm at the "too excited to sleep" phase. I have already booked a Boardwalk view room for April so I have something to look forward to when we come home!

Thanks for the trip report. We will be there this time next week at the BCV. I'm at the "too excited to sleep" phase. I have already booked a Boardwalk view room for April so I have something to look forward to when we come home!

Oh I so know that feeling!! ;)

Next month I'll book my Boardwalk view room for next October. Not sure yet if I'll come down late spring/early summer. Got some things going on. But planning the next trip really helps pass the time!

Have a fantastic trip!! :goodvibes

Linda! Your vacation sounded like a dream. Next time, I think I will go solo. I enjoyed it so much the one time I did it and feel a need for that freedom again. I'm so glad the weather cooperated!

Till the next countdown, my friend......:goodvibes

OH...and sorry about the Yankees. At least they made it to the ALCS. My Nats blew a 6 run lead in game 5 of the NLDS......:headache:

Gosh, I wish I had realized you would be there when I was (Oct. 9 - 16) so we could meet up. Our weather was perfect, wasn't it! Not one drop of rain our entire week and mild temps day and night.
I agree that it is hard to leave but it is the DVC "I'll be back" that makes it easier.
Thanks for the report!

Gosh, I wish I had realized you would be there when I was (Oct. 9 - 16) so we could meet up. Our weather was perfect, wasn't it! Not one drop of rain our entire week and mild temps day and night.
I agree that it is hard to leave but it is the DVC "I'll be back" that makes it easier.
Thanks for the report!

Oh Jean I didn't realize it either! Well we'll have to coordinate better next year. Our weather was absolutely fantastic. I told my husband that this was probably the nicest Florida weather I've seen in all the years going there. Hope you had a good time! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter