Andy & Heather's Wedding Recaps 1

hmp2z

Disney Bride, Mom to Molly, Moose, and Hannah (all
Disclaimer: These recaps are very long, and quite detailed, so if you're not up for it, stop reading now :)
Hope you enjoy!

Friday, August 2:
We got to the airport in plenty of time for our 9:05 flight from Charlotte to Orlando. We grabbed a quick dinner from the airport there, and then waited around until it was time to depart. The plane we were traveling on arrived a little late, and then we were told that there was a delay b/c it had come in from Los Angeles, and apparently a passenger had been throwing up the entire time. They had to change out an entire row of seat cushions. I know – gross! We ended up getting to our hotel (All Star Music) at 12:10 am, and then there was a line to check in! We were so surprised to find it so crowded at this time of morning, but I guess quite a few people get down there on Friday night.
When we got to our room, we were exhausted and just passed out.
Saturday, August 3:
We got up at 7:00, b/c we had scheduled our bags to be picked up at 7:30 am and transferred to our room at the Grand Floridian. We put on our wedding ears then, before we left. We had called a taxi, also, so we got dressed pretty quickly, gave our bags to the bellhop, and jumped into the cab. And while checking into the Grand Floridian is when the magic really began…
When we checked in, the lady at the front desk told us to wait a moment while she called the concierge. We were surprised, but thought that maybe he was just delivering the Fairy Tale Weddings gift, since we had only reserved a lagoon view room, not concierge level. But then Roberto from the concierge came down and took us to our room, which was GORGEOUS! It was one of the turret rooms, with a king bed, and it had a beautiful view of the pavilion and of Spaceship Earth, room #4330. We had never stayed concierge before, and we were so excited to get to be in the main building of the Grand Floridian, our favorite hotel in the world J This was really Disney magic working for us – we kept telling each other over and over how together we could make magic; we were like two kids in a candy store for the first time.
So we got to our room, checked out everything (I was astounded by the HUGE closet – as big as a bathroom!). Then we went to the 4th floor and got a quick breakfast courtesy of the concierge, and after that we went outside and grabbed a bus to MGM Studios.
We rode the Tower of Terror first, and the line wasn’t long at all – 10-15 minutes. Then we grabbed a fast pass to the Rockin’ Roller Coaster, and went to ride the Rockin’ Roller Coaster as stand-by also. We got in line there, and when we got to the part of the line that was inside, the man there, Joe, opened the gates and brought us to the front of the line. He said that he was collecting magical memories, so he asked us how we met, and then asked when my birthday was.
We rode the Tower of Terror again, as well as Sounds Dangerous, then got back to the Rockin’ Roller Coaster to use our fast passes. Joe was still there, and he told us my birthday, so he had remembered it, which was pretty cool, and he remembered how we met. He definitely made the trip that day more magical. (We got names of everyone who helped make the trip so wonderful, and will be sending a nice, long letter to Disney about them).
When we got off the Rockin’ Roller Coaster, the lady at the exit sent us through a back way, and let us get to the front of the line AGAIN! It was so special of them, to do that for us.
Then for lunch, we took a friendship boat over to the Beach Club, and went to Beaches & Cream. We were seated at the counter next to a couple who was getting married in November, and were having their reception at the Atlantic Dance Hall. It was so much fun having those wedding ears on; we met a ton of people – everyone chatted with us, and they’d remember us since we stood out with the ears! We kept seeing and talking to the same people over and over again; it was really fun to feel like we were at Disney World, but we knew other people there. Anyway, at Beaches & Cream, we both had cheeseburgers (mine had fries on the side, and Andy’s had fruit on the side), then we split a peanut butter sundae with chocolate ice cream – yummy!
We walked over to Epcot then, had our picture taken in front of Spaceship Earth, and rode Spaceship Earth, which only had a 5 minute wait. When we came out, it was raining, so we waited in Innoventions and watched the AIBO for a while – they were so cute, especially Baxter!
After that, we went back to the hotel, relaxed a bit in our room, and had some wine and cheese thanks, yet again, to the concierge! Bless the Grand Floridian room controllers and that wonderful upgrade! We had a message from Gingiss saying Andy’s tux had been delivered on Friday night to the GF bell service, so we called down to ask for them to bring the tuxedo up to the room. They looked everywhere and couldn’t find it! Andy put in an emergency call to Gingiss, and Dana called back saying that they’d deliver a new tux by 9:00 that night, and that maybe the GF had given it to the wrong wedding group, since there were quite a few weddings that weekend.
We had dinner reservations at 7:30 at the Portobello Yacht Club, so we got on the bus to Downtown Disney. For dinner, Andy and I split our favorite appetizer, the Portobello mushrooms on creamy gorgonzola polenta. It was heavenly! Then we split a quattro fromagi (sp?) pizza, which was very good but extremely rich. For dessert, I had a very light, nice vanilla bean crème brulee, and Andy had the cappuccino gelato, which turned his tongue black, it was so dark! The restaurant gave us each a free glass of champagne, and we ordered the sangria, and I was feeling a bit queasy after all the rich food and the alcohol. The problem with Disney (not that it’s actually a problem!) is that the food is so good that we both gorge ourselves silly.
After dinner, Andy’s family was supposed to meet us at 9:00 outside the Portobello Yacht Club, and we were going to all go to the Adventurer’s Club together. We waited until 9:10, and then thought maybe they’d gone straight to the Adventurer’s Club, so we walked over there. His mom was standing outside, and she had sent his dad inside the club to look for us, and his sister off somewhere else to look for us. They had apparently left their itineraries at their hotel room, and weren’t sure what to do. But his dad & sister came back, and we all went in together.
At this point, Andy & I were so tired that all we wanted to do was sleep! We didn’t have drinks there, because we knew they would knock us out J The entertainers were great; they would talk to us about our wedding ears, and one of them kept coming up and kissing my hand. They made a few jokes about bringing the groom’s family along on the honeymoon, and it was just generally a great time.
My family didn’t make it, because we found out later that my brothers’ and SIL’s flight, which was supposed to arrive at 9:00 pm, ended up getting in at 1:00 am. My parents were at the airport waiting for them, so it was only Andy’s family there at Pleasure Island with us.
We left the Adventurer’s Club around 10:45. Andy’s family really freaked me out then! They had driven my dress down to Orlando, toting it in and out of 3 hotels along the way, and they were scheduled to meet with us at 7:00 the next night (Sunday), to drop off the dress at the Grand Floridian. His family wanted to just give the dress to the bell service, and I was so upset, since the bell service had lost Andy’s tux. I didn’t want to have come all that way, only to have my dress disappear the day before the wedding! So we convinced them to just bring it along to the Grand Floridian the next night, since they had a car and could drive it over.
We got back to the hotel around 11:30, and Andy’s tux had arrived! He tried it on and it fit perfectly, so we could sleep more easily that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter