Animal Kingdom Lodge value studio chances

KGDisney

Earning My Ears
Hi fellow Disney lovers!

I was wondering about the Animal Kingdom Lodge value studios. I have heard they are hard to get. I am booking a trip for January during the marathon weekend. I can't book until June though due to the fact that Animal Kingdom Lodge is not my home resort. So, in short, what are my chances of getting a value studio at Animal Kingdom Lodge in January? How many of them are there? As a second question, what are my chances of getting a standard view studio at the 7 month booking window if I can't get the value? Thank you in advance!

Hi fellow Disney lovers!

I was wondering about the Animal Kingdom Lodge value studios. I have heard they are hard to get. I am booking a trip for January during the marathon weekend. I can't book until June though due to the fact that Animal Kingdom Lodge is not my home resort. So, in short, what are my chances of getting a value studio at Animal Kingdom Lodge in January? How many of them are there? As a second question, what are my chances of getting a standard view studio at the 7 month booking window if I can't get the value? Thank you in advance!
I would say that your chances are pretty slim. I own at AKV and BWV and there are current no studios available for that weekend at either resort. I would book a back up at your home resort and then waitlist for your choice of unit. There are very few value studios so you will have less of a chance for one of them to come available than for a savannah view. You can waitlist two types for the same time period.

I would say that your chances are pretty slim. I own at AKV and BWV and there are current no studios available for that weekend at either resort. I would book a back up at your home resort and then waitlist for your choice of unit. There are very few value studios so you will have less of a chance for one of them to come available than for a savannah view. You can waitlist two types for the same time period.

Thank you! I think I will waitlist. That's crazy that all the studios are gone at both of those resorts! I had no idea what I was going up against!

I think there's only about 8 or 9 of them, and they're all at the front of the resort. There's a room layout map somehwere out there where it shows you where all the rooms are mapped out.

Hi fellow Disney lovers!

It might be tough especially during marathon weekend and the introduction of the Dopey Challenge. I've attended the last two marathon weekends and they have the largest amount of race participants and I've done all of Disney races. Lucky for me my running partner booked at Boardwalk since mine home resort is BLT and not one of the host resorts. You should definitely waitlist a few places just to make sure you can get in. Good luck.

We own at OKW but stay at AKV Jambo ALOT...at least once a year. I guess we've been lucky but almost all of these stays were value studios booked 4-7 months out and we travel at busy times (kids school breaks of Feb or spring break). We do usually check in on a Wed or Thurs so maybe that has helped our chances.

We own at OKW but stay at AKV Jambo ALOT...at least once a year. I guess we've been lucky but almost all of these stays were value studios booked 4-7 months out and we travel at busy times (kids school breaks of Feb or spring break). We do usually check in on a Wed or Thurs so maybe that has helped our chances.
I think the difference between you and the OP is that many marathoners don't go with their families, so the studios as a single or double accommodation are are higher demand.

Know you're looking for a value studio but booked a savannah view at Kidani a few weeks ago. Granted, home resort so in 11 month window, but still worth a shot when it opens up. We're thinking our first marathon going to the parks probably not on the forefront of our mind so why not take the chance to stay a little away.

Know you're looking for a value studio but booked a savannah view at Kidani a few weeks ago. Granted, home resort so in 11 month window, but still worth a shot when it opens up. We're thinking our first marathon going to the parks probably not on the forefront of our mind so why not take the chance to stay a little away.

Thanks for saying this, it gave me a bit of faith! I'm really hoping to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I've always wanted to stay there. It looks absolutely amazing. I hope you have a great trip!

2 years ago we stayed in Kidani, savannah view, during January's marathon weekend. It was a great experience. The busses were good, both ways!

I booked the week AFTER the marathon in a value studio at 11 months! I've always liked to stay at AKV for some time in January.:goodvibes

2 years ago we stayed in Kidani, savannah view, during January's marathon weekend. It was a great experience. The busses were good, both ways!

I booked the week AFTER the marathon in a value studio at 11 months! I've always liked to stay at AKV for some time in January.:goodvibes

Thanks - that makes me feel good about our decision!!! Glad I found this thread, can't wait to read about others trips and helpful hints at AKL!

If you book at your first opportunity in June, I think you'll be able to get AKV. You just may have to do a savannah view instead of a value or standard. Good luck on getting the room and in the race! I'll be there in Feb for the Princess 1/2!

If you book at your first opportunity in June, I think you'll be able to get AKV. You just may have to do a savannah view instead of a value or standard. Good luck on getting the room and in the race! I'll be there in Feb for the Princess 1/2!

I agree. I think value view will be slim to no chance.

I would waitlist! I have a Jambo Value that I will likely be releasing if DH decides not to Goofy! We're in the middle of some 'life stuff' so it could go either way. But if I give it up, it'll be there for someone's waitlist!

I think the difference between you and the OP is that many marathoners don't go with their families, so the studios as a single or double accommodation are are higher demand.
I'm not following this. We do book studios :confused3

I'm not following this. We do book studios :confused3
So do I. But I think that the studios are in higher demand because people who would normally only book 1 or 2 bedrooms with their family during school vacations are willing to downsize to a studio to save points when it's just them. As of this time, ALL the studios are booked for at least one day over the weekend at AKV while there are 1BRs available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter