• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anniversary dinner(s) during Covid

MischaOz

DIS Veteran
Greetings! I am planning a 20th anniversary getaway for May. DD will not be with us so I really want to enjoy some nicer sit down meals. We are going to stay 3 nights with 2-day park hoppers. I also realize than many go-to anniversary places are closed right now (Jiko, Yachtsman, etc). So, what would people recommend that is open right now?

For our first night I am leaning towards a resort restaurant (we will be staying off site with a rental car so driving isn’t an issue). We could maybe go to DS but I think I’d prefer a Disney restaurant. I was thinking maybe Narcoosee’s or Boathouse? I would love to try Cali grill but unfortunately DH is a REALLY picky eater (think steak & potatoes) and I don’t think the menu will work for him.

I think we’ll do one day at HS and one day at MK, probably hopping to Epcot in the evenings. Not sure if we’ll make it to AK this trip with how early it closes. I was thinking Hollywood Brown Derby for lunch at HS and either Le Cellier or Chefs de France at Epcot, but would really love any thoughts or suggestions!

We love HBD for lunch and also Le Cellier and Chefs are dinner favorites. We don’t do nicer restaurants just pretty much eat at TS in the parks so can’t advise on that If you are looking for a special place at a resort or DS for your anniversary meal. Congrats in advance!

I would love to try Cali grill but unfortunately DH is a REALLY picky eater (think steak & potatoes) and I don’t think the menu will work for him.

I just wanted to comment on the above - CG menu sounds WAY fancier than it actually is. It's just good food. They typically have a "steak and not-potatoes-but-similar-idea" on the menu at all times.

It depends how Picky of an eater he really is.
CG is a great choice. Good options for more adventurous eaters, and usually has some pork and steak dishes.
HS - Brown Derby is a good choice.
EPCOT I would do Le Cellier only because of his preference. I think the food at Chef de France is better, but he may not like it as well.

Also consider Topolino's! We had a birthday dinner there a few months ago and had a lovely time. The steak was VERY good as was the pasta.

If you're willing to go off site I recommend the Capitol Grille, there are two locations. The one on International Drive is fancier than their location at the Millenia Mall.

My DH is also a pretty picky eater, and loves California Grill! It has become one of our favorites. They are always very accommodating and he has no trouble getting steak/potatoes/broccoli which is pretty much is his favorite meal lol!!

Since you have a car, I’d recommend Capa or Ravelo at the Four Seasons. My husband and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary at Capa and it was amazing. The atmosphere and service are wonderful and “if” fireworks are back by then you can see them from the terrace.
Whatever you decide, enjoy and Happy Anniversary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter