• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Announced 2/20 - Kingdom Keepers online game looking for beta testers

bluecruiser

DIS Veteran
Just announced on Ridley Pearson's website:

FEB 20, 2010
WE NEED YOUR HELP with THE GAME!!! IT's HERE!!!
Do you want to help the Kingdom Keepers defeat the Overtakers?
Do you like games?

If you're 13 or older you can help me by becoming a Beta Tester for the new Kingdom Keepers Game.

The thing is: Helping us is big responsibility -- for now, it's not just playing the game early, but also telling us if you find any problems with it. The people who built the game need your help -- but you have to be willing to tell us what isn't working! Just playing the game isn't enough. Okay?

If you agree, if that sounds like something you can handle, click here to apply: http://spreadsheets.google.com/embeddedform?formkey=dEZvekNSMnlNOHkwQjJEX21qd0ZNaEE6MA

PS: have patience; it may take a day or two to approve you and send you an email with the link!

Notes:
1. In addition to the age requirement, you must also be a resident of the United States.
2. The link on Ridley's website to the application form uses Tiny URL, which is not allowed on the DIS, so I included the actual link instead.
3. The application form can also be found at the end of the announcement on Ridley Pearson's website.

After you apply, you will see the following message:
Thanks for applying to be a Kingdom Keepers Beta Tester! Only applicants invited to participate will be contacted, if you aren't contacted we apologize in advance that we couldn't include you.

Thanks,
The Kingdom Keepers Team

Update from Ridley Pearson's Twitter feed today:
THANK YOU! Over 1,100 entries in two days for the BETA TESTING group for the new Kingdom Keepers game!! 200 will be selected by Wednesday!
about 2 hours ago from web

Too bad you have to be from the USA. I hope I can play the actual game when it comes out since I'm from UK..

Update posted yesterday evening:
FEB 24, 2010
emails.... have begun
For those who didn't believe... the emails have now STARTED GOING OUT... don't be disappointed, the rest of you. There are still KK recruits needed to battle the OTs. It isn't over. And, it's only 2 weeks once the beta begins... More cool, for those who miss the Beta team -- ALL SORTS OF EXTRA play is being added AFTER the Beta round (which is going to be limited play). SO HANG IN THERE. It only gets better from now on...
Here we go...
Ridley

Did anyone here make it in?

No luck here ... but it does look like beta testing has begun, based on the latest post from Ridley this afternoon:
Beta Play Has begun.... Comments?
Feel free to post comments about the game.
Remember to report bugs as requested (not here). This is just to hear your thoughts.
Ridley

Great! Can you post some screen shots for us?

Posted yesterday on Ridley Pearson's blog:
Overtakers on the run...
The Beta testers have the Overtakers on the run! Way to clear that map!
Ridley

(more Beta invites going out sometime this week, I think... Have patience all Beta waiters! You are needed to clear the map!)

I am in and find it all a bit confusing. Nothing like VMK as far as I can see so far.

I'm in too but haven't played yet. Posting shots of closed beta games is usually "forbidden". :sad1:
People did post pictures elsewhere, since they claimed it didn't say anything about sharing images.

From what I've seen, it's definitely different. I didn't get in but I'll be waiting to give it a try when it does 'open'.

I just got my info for beta about an hour ago and a few others that signed up just got the message as well.

No NOTHING like VMK-not even close....so far a map of the US comes up-you click on an entry point-either DLR or WDW and then you pick a node and run around and fire upon ppl until you overtake their base......

Help,
i got in, went and put my user name and password in that they sent me and after i click play i get a screen that shows is a map like picture of the USA. is that it or am i not doing something right ?
thanks

Help,
i got in, went and put my user name and password in that they sent me and after i click play i get a screen that shows is a map like picture of the USA. is that it or am i not doing something right ?
thanks
That's it. You have to pick a node and then go from there.

I ended up getting a beta e-mail, but I'm not sure if I want to play. Browser games always seem to move slowly for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter