Announcements from D23 Destinations 2018

The Destination D page at D23 says the following. I don't know exactly what this means though. I thought they wouldn't allow cameras in the panels. However, outside of presentations, I bet it's OK.
  • Video or audio recording of any kind will not be permitted during the presentation and screening.

Looks like I’m gonna rely on the Disney Parks Blog for the fastest updates

I've also heard that before but the U.S. Navy for instance announces the name of the ship will before it's introduced. Many times they have the name announced when the 1st steel is cut.

I might be wrong on when Disney will announce the names of the ships (I'm sure they already know the names of the ships). I do know that they officially don't start calling each ship by its name until it is fully built. That is why the Disney Dream has a pub by the name of Pub 687. 687 was the name of the Disney Dream while they were building it.

USS Porter…

Predictions for this weekend:
- M&M RR Details
- M&M RR coming to DL
- New Cruise ship name(s)
- Skyliner Launch date
- Something about Disney+
- Details about new future world at Epcot
- Spaceship Earth Refurb?
- Details of Riviera Resort
- More exclusive merchandise (They haven’t released a Disney version of everything quite yet)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter