Announcing: Midwest DISMeet 17-20 June 2022 - Lake of the Ozarks

Part-Time Paradise

Is it camping season yet?
@tigger92662, The Waffle Guy (@Teamubr), and I have talked about meeting up next summer.

We landed on Lake of the Ozarks on 17-20 June 2022. We're planning on staying at Osage Beach RV Park in Osage Beach, MO.

Osage Beach RV Park is right on the strip of activities on US-54.

We plan one day to take a day trip to Ha Ha Tonka State Park. It is a beautiful area with amazing views. There is also the ruins of a private home, really it was a castle, that was destroyed in a fire many years ago. It's been about 8 years since I was there last, but really pretty.

Standing outside the castle

Sis impressed by the Natural Bridge

Lots to do around the area and enjoy each others' company. If you're interested, the three of us have put in a request form with the campground and indicated we want our sites to be close together.

Hope to meet some more DISers this summer!

Jack

@tigger92662, The Waffle Guy (@Teamubr), and I have talked about meeting up next summer.

We landed on Lake of the Ozarks on 17-20 June 2022. We're planning on staying at Osage Beach RV Park in Osage Beach, MO.

Help me understand, PTP.

These are the days immediately preceding the Gettysburg DISMeet which starts on June 20, 2022.

see post #86

Did I get one of these wrong?

Gettysburg is not currently possible for us but if MW is that close to the same dates, that would eliminate it for us also.

Bama Ed

PS - did I a miss memo?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Ed,

Joe, Jack and I aren't able to make it to Gettysburg for the week, but still wanted to get together sometime this summer. Between school schedules, work schedules and other travel commitments, Father's Day weekend worked out best for the 3 of us. I'm not aware of many other DISers that are within a half day drive, but we wanted to open it up to anyone that couldn't make Gettysburg and wanted to get together. Mid-MO is convenient if you are in the KC or STL area, but is kind of remote for most others.

j

Mid-MO is convenient if you are in the KC or STL area, but is kind of remote for most others.

Generally speaking, @Teamubr, us retired folks got all kinds of time on our hands. DW and I had a great time with you all in Marceline (which was in July 2021) and in Illinois (which was the 2021 MW DISmeet) but we will miss the 2022 MW DM also as much as we would like to travel and do everything (Gettysburg and MW).

Have fun guys. I'm glad to see DIS folks getting together to camp and chat. Hopefully others can join in.

I salute you all.

giphy.gif

Ed

To echo Jim, because of a change in my on call work schedule (much to my dismay:mad:), we will not be able to attend the Gettysburg event.
Maybe I'll win the lottery between now and then

Generally speaking, @Teamubr, us retired folks got all kinds of time on our hands. DW and I had a great time with you all in Marceline (which was in July 2021) and in Illinois (which was the 2021 MW DISmeet) but we will miss the 2022 MW DM also as much as we would like to travel and do everything (Gettysburg and MW).

Bummer. I also enjoyed hanging out with the you and the fam last summer.

Too many hectic schedules going on to get together. I'm hoping to be a little more flexible with schedules in the next few years and not stuck to such rigid work schedules.

Whenever you head to Kaufman Stadium to catch a game Cleveland might ACTUALLY win :duck:, give me a shout.

Ed reminded me how good I am at compartmentalizing information. I completely spaced that the Gettysburg DISMeet is the week after we decided to link up. Once I realized I couldn't go to PA, that information was totally dumped from my memory to save space.

This may be a cause of friction with DW from time to time :rolleyes1

I have approved vacation from work in hand. Ironically, the day my approved vacation paperwork came back, I got a schedule for an upcoming trip that bleeds over into the weekend. That's a shame :rolleyes1

Looking forward to seeing the gang again.

Speaking of traveling for work in the now White Castle thread...

I put in for vacation months ago so I would be available to get to the Lake on time. I've planned on leaving from Western KY on THU night. Three weeks ago, the big boss has mentioned adding 2 days to our trip. I've told my immediate supervisor many times I'm leaving THU. He never told big boss. I was backed into a corner yesterday and he asked about me staying until SAT. I told him I was leaving on THU per the plan I submitted months ago. He didn't fight, but looked like he smelled something bad. Oh well.

I'm ready for our weekend.

Don't you like big bosses. Thankfully mine don't have strips that I have say "Yes sir" to. I'll fill you in on some of the fun we have here in at the meet in June.

j

Last edited:
Gents, DD has a swim meet that will be done around 1200 on the 17th. I'll get on the road in an hour or so after. Probably means I'll roll in around 7ish.

You guys have thoughts on doing a meal together at the CG or out somewhere? I'd like to get to Ha Ha Tonka SP during the weekend too.

Thoughts?

We will be heading out after work on Friday (17th). Not sure when we can get on the road, but I'll shoot for 3pm. It is about 3 hours for us, so I figure we will be in between 6-7.

HaHa Tonka isn't far from my dad's and is fascinating to hike around. The views are pretty good of the Niangua end of the lake. If the weather is nice, we can head to my dad's. His house is on the lake and they have a SUP and a canoe. Not sure what the lake temp will be, but swimming isn't too bad there either.

No specific plans for dinner. With only 3 of us meeting up, we can do anything. My dad and his wife will likely come over too.

j

It looks like Donna has decided we will be doing potluck/BBQ. She has already picked up pork steaks (a STL thing that I have brought to prior DIS meets. I don't like them, but they seem to be a hit at the meets). Saturday looks like it will be a busy day, but that is probably the best day for a pot luck dinner.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter