Announcing: Midwest DISMeet 17-20 June 2022 - Lake of the Ozarks

Got home from work in KY last night, 8 hr drive and I got home about 1115pm. Oy.

Already up and at em. DD has a swim meet this morning while DS and I pack. We'll join you in the humidity soup about 4.

Good morning, Jack.

I'm up with you. Had a 6am meeting. At least I didn't have the 8 hours of travel yesterday.

See you this afternoon.

j

Didn't get any pics yet.

We arrived shortly before 4pm. Good drive with not too much traffic.

The sites are a bit short, but I'm pretty long. Jack made it in about 5:30 and were are all setup next to each other.

Yesterday was typical Midwest hot and humid. Today is supposed to have much lower humidity and a high only in the upper 80s. Sounds perfect! We plan on grabbing breakfast and heading to Ha Ha Tonka State Park. There are ruins of an old estate "castle" and great views of the area.

Pics to follow.

j

Nice day. We started with breakfast and then to Ha Ha Tonka State Park.
PXL_20220618_165332424.MP.jpg
The castle ruins at Ha Ha Tonka

PXL_20220618_164754327.jpg
Looking down one of the overlooks towards the spring

PXL_20220618_175646719.jpg
The spring

PXL_20220618_171708023.MP.jpg
The natural bridge at Ha Ha Tonka

Then we came back to the CG and relaxed. Most spent time at the pool.

For dinner we did a potluck. The "Waffle Guy" team out did themselves on meat and hosting.
PXL_20220619_012209782.jpg
We are now enjoying some cool weather and fellowship. A great little trip.

We left the CG this morning around 7. We got home around 11.

The camper is partially unloaded because we're right back out the door again for vacation on Friday.

Great weekend, gang. We all had fun and it was the perfect no firm plans and relaxing weekend my clan certainly needed. Let's look for a weekend closer to fall to get back together again.

PS - @Teamubr, your dad is smooth as peanut butter. I really enjoyed getting to visit with him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter