• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Pass/Dining Card

rigsby25

DIS Veteran
I thought someone said that the price of the annual passes goes up in October. We hadn't decided to buy before or after October because the price may go up, but then again, we don't know if they will offer the 100.00 off next year. So what we've decided to do is order my annual pass now, and my husbands closer to our 8 day vacation in May. Then we plan to go again for another 8 day vacation the following May and maybe some in between. If I ordered my pass today, would I get it before I leave for our mini 3-day trip on October 12? I don't plan on activating it until May. If I got it before October 12, could I use it toget the 20% off dining card for 50.00 to use on our mini trip and still be able to use the dining card in May when I activate my pass? Who would I call to order, Disney or DVC?

To get the DDE card, you need to provide the CM with the numbers on the back of an activated pass or a voucher (aka exchange certificate). The will call option will not work.

If you order the voucher today, it will probably arrive before October 12. It's been taking about one week to get the voucher. Once you get the voucher, you can call DDE and order the DDE card. That won't arrive before your trip, but you can arrange to pick up a temporary card at EPCOT.

Ordering the DDE card will not activate your annual pass. The DDE card will be good for 12 -12 months from the date you order it.

Your year of park admission will not start until you exchange the voucher for the actual pass.

You can find ordering info for the DDE card on this link:

Disney Dining Experience

Best wishes -

The price on all passes went up January 2, 2005, I would be surprised if they raise it again in October.

I'm sorry - I just thought of another question. I can't find anywhere what the price of renewing your annual pass is. Is it the same price as an annual pass, or is it less expensive?

rigsby25 said:
I'm sorry - I just thought of another question. I can't find anywhere what the price of renewing your annual pass is. Is it the same price as an annual pass, or is it less expensive?

See this site:

http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/apass.htm

A renewal is discounted but keep in mind it will be effective on the same day as the expiring pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter