Annual pass discount for hotel reservation

Tink3815

DIS Veteran
For those of you who have recently stayed at Dockside, did they ask you for your annual pass at check in. I don’t want to get my pass until the 3rd day of my stay at Thanksgiving 2023, so that the dates will line up with visiting in 2024, when Thanksgiving is much later in the month.

I think you can buy your pass before arrival since it will not activate until you enter the gated turnstiles. …unless it is a renewal .
Sounds like you will be okay.
And be sure to watch for early check in the day before arrival cause some of the check ins at lobby are long. The check in day before is random for some reason… if you get it don’t ignore it is my policy but sometimes I don’t get it …

If you buy the AP now, they have a promo going on where the AP is good for 15mo. You can buy now and wait to activate in Nov (must be the pay infill version, not the flex pay).

Otherwise, are you not going to the parks on days 1 & 2? If you use a ticket on those days and upgrade to an AP on day 3, the expiration of the AP is prorated back to the first date of ticket use.

If you buy the AP now, they have a promo going on where the AP is good for 15mo. You can buy now and wait to activate in Nov (must be the pay infill version, not the flex pay).

Otherwise, are you not going to the parks on days 1 & 2? If you use a ticket on those days and upgrade to an AP on day 3, the expiration of the AP is prorated back to the first date of ticket use.
Thank you, will that cause an issue because technically I don't have an AP when I check in with the AP rates?

You can purchase the AP at the hotel when you do your check in.
When picking the AP up at the hotel ticket desk, do they issue the actual plastic AP cards? We've only ever picked ours up at the park ticket booths & definitely want the cards, not just something on our phones. TIA!

I don’t want to get my pass until the 3rd day of my stay at Thanksgiving 2023, so that the dates will line up with visiting in 2024, when Thanksgiving is much later in the month.

Just an FYI, if you are upgrading a ticket to an AP, the AP will be dated from the first use of your ticket, not the day you upgrade to the AP.

Not sure if this is what you were planning on doing, but just in case you were I don't want you to be disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter