Annual pass discount on food

We are buying APs for the whole family prior to our September trip.

Just a random question. Are alcoholic drinks always excluded from the AP discounts? (Looking at preferred passes...atleast on of those).

Yeah I figured haha.

Last year we had two week 3 park explorer passes as a part of a vacation package.

Booking everything separately and buying APs for the whole family will save us a bunch. Over a two week period last year we spend A LOT on food, we stayed on property for a huge chunk of our stay. I am looking forward getting Annual passes.

Another random question. Do the AP lanyards come with the tickets or are they bought separately?

I've only had the most basic AP...never came with a lanyard...bought my own (I would have anyway, as I like to pick out my own silly lanyard)

I always am given a lanyard when I stay at rpr at check in time
It is a Loews platinum member gift

But too flimsy for the plastic holder to my liking

I had a couple of the universal blue wallet lanyard I bought back in 2000 when they were the good adult ones

Still use them

I always am given a lanyard when I stay at rpr at check in time
It is a Loews platinum member gift

But too flimsy for the plastic holder to my liking

I had a couple of the universal blue wallet lanyard I bought back in 2000 when they were the good adult ones

Still use them

Could you clarify by what an adult lanyard is? I was looking to buy lanyards form the universal store online and I dont see a size choice. Are the lanyards onsite better than the ones online? Should I wait to purchase them?

Could you clarify by what an adult lanyard is? I was looking to buy lanyards form the universal store online and I dont see a size choice. Are the lanyards onsite better than the ones online? Should I wait to purchase them?

I'd buy one before you go. Something with a secured area that can hold things without the risk of them falling out.

Last edited:

The blue wallet UO lanyards that were sold in the late 90’s to about 2006, were one size and a different material from what is sold now
They had Velcro snapping and zipper coin section

What is sold not are smaller versions with different material

I only mention this info as not to confuse readers if an adult is looking to buy the id lanyard today if the same one I have

Lanyards sold in the park and website are one size
Adults and kids can wear them fine

I’ll try to take a pic of mine to show

Oops came back to say I posted this reply in the wrong thread

To answer the question of adult or kid lanyard

Lanyards are one size there are some characters novelty lanyards you can buy for kids that have the coin pocket instead
of a plastic cover that is used to hold ticket, hotel card

Last saw that version a year back in the hotels

I'd buy one before you go. Something with a secured area that can old things without the risk of them falling out.

The blue wallet UO lanyards that were sold in the late 90’s to about 2006, were one size and a different material from what is sold now
They had Velcro snapping and zipper coin section

What is sold not are smaller versions with different material

I only mention this info as not to confuse readers if an adult is looking to buy the id lanyard today if the same one I have

Lanyards sold in the park and website are one size
Adults and kids can wear them fine

I’ll try to take a pic of mine to show

Oops came back to say I posted this reply in the wrong thread

To answer the question of adult or kid lanyard

Lanyards are one size there are some characters novelty lanyards you can buy for kids that have the coin pocket instead
of a plastic cover that is used to hold ticket, hotel card

Last saw that version a year back in the hotels

Thanks for the lanyard info. Ill buy online before we go!

PS- I'd love to see the pic of the old lanyard if you get a chance to post it!

We have seasonal passes and every restaurant I asked last September said no- no discounts for seasonal passes. They could have been wrong, but the seasonal pass does not seem to carry discounts. I think even the merchandise places said no discounts for seasonal passes, but I could be remembering incorrectly.
Season Passes are basically for theme park entrance and not much more...no in park discounts for anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter